Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst says, "Losing is the price we pay for __________."
2. Who else, besides mothers, links separation and danger?
3. Which recent development does Viorst think is a positive new step toward good death?
4. Who once said, "God ordains that every genius shall have an illness at forty"?
5. Simone de Beauvoir once said, "Old age is life's ___________."
Essay Topic 1
Examining the many negative traits of marriage discussed in Chapter 13, arrive at a personal conclusion as to whether the marriage relationship is worth the effort or not. Support your stance with examples from the book and your real life experiences.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the four developmental stages of childhood detailed in Chapter 10. How do these stages build upon one another? Must these stages happen in a sequential way, or can a person skip around within the stages?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the six types of friends outlined in Chapter 12. What are they named, what are their characteristics, and how are they different?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)