|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst details which famous baby doctor in Chapter 18?
2. Men pursue ______________; women yearn for _______________.
3. Viorst says, "Losing is the price we pay for __________."
4. In Chapter 14, Viorst lists what about her hometown?
5. What is the key achievement of mid-life according to Viorst?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Viorst describes various types of guilt throughout Chapter 9. Describe what they are, how they differ, and whether each one serves to help us or negatively impact us.
Essay Topic 2
What important steps in human development take place at middle age? Discuss how we continue to define who we are through this process.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the six types of friends outlined in Chapter 12. What are they named, what are their characteristics, and how are they different?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)