Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst says, "Losing is the price we pay for __________."
2. Who else, besides mothers, links separation and danger?
3. Which recent development does Viorst think is a positive new step toward good death?
4. Who once said, "God ordains that every genius shall have an illness at forty"?
5. Simone de Beauvoir once said, "Old age is life's ___________."
Essay Topic 1
Chapter 11 details the positive and negative aspects of our dreams and fantasies. Compare and contrast fantasy versus reality using ideas from the book. How are they similar? How are they different? Do they serve the same purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Using support from the book, discuss whether the differences between males and females are innate or cultural.
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 15 talks about the "corporate characteristic" of families, specifically mentioning the Bachs and the Kennedys. Explore this idea of family identity and myths. Using support from the book, in what ways is it helpful for families? In what ways could it be problematic? Consider your own experience and whether your family or friends' families have a "corporate characteristic."
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)