|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst says, "Losing is the price we pay for __________."
2. Who else, besides mothers, links separation and danger?
3. Which recent development does Viorst think is a positive new step toward good death?
4. Who once said, "God ordains that every genius shall have an illness at forty"?
5. Simone de Beauvoir once said, "Old age is life's ___________."
Essay Topic 1
Viorst describes various types of guilt throughout Chapter 9. Describe what they are, how they differ, and whether each one serves to help us or negatively impact us.
Essay Topic 2
Sigmund Freud first discovered and described the Oedipus complex. Write an essay about the beginning of this complex, why it was named after Oedipus, and how it continues to impact modern psychology. Using support from the book and your own life, discuss why or why not you may agree or disagree with Freud and Viorst's view of this theory.
Essay Topic 3
It seems as though everyone wants to live on beyond their physical life. Discuss ways in which people can live on after their death. Use support from the book and personal experiences. How would you hope to live on beyond death?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)