|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Viorst says, "Losing is the price we pay for __________."
(a) Being human.
2. Who else, besides mothers, links separation and danger?
3. Which recent development does Viorst think is a positive new step toward good death?
(a) Doctor assisted death.
(b) Hospital good-byes.
(c) The hospice movement.
(d) Increased suicides of cancer patients.
4. Who once said, "God ordains that every genius shall have an illness at forty"?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Arthur Miller.
(d) George Bernard Shaw.
5. Simone de Beauvoir once said, "Old age is life's ___________."
(a) Swan song.
(b) Final act.
(c) Cruel joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name the foiled romantic in Flaubert's Madame Bovary.
2. Which three fictional characters discussed in the book does Viorst specifically mention in Chapter 20?
3. What is the name of the son in Death of a Salesman that Viorst uses as an example of the restricting roles some parents foist on their children?
4. According to Chapter 12, growing up involves giving up what illusion?
5. Viorst details which famous baby doctor in Chapter 18?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)