|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the son in Death of a Salesman that Viorst uses as an example of the restricting roles some parents foist on their children?
2. In our middle years, we may seek to reconnect with our _____________.
(b) Family roles.
(d) Elementary school friends.
3. What's the title of the book?
(a) Impossible Expectations.
(b) Necessary Losses.
(c) Ups and Downs.
(d) Living is Loss.
4. A man in his forties confessed to Viorst that he reviewed his life insurance policy after he was diagnosed with what?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Tennis elbow.
5. As our parents grow old, get sick, and die, we learn to do what in relation to imperfect connections?
(a) Give thanks.
(b) Ignore them and continue on our own path.
(c) Work them out.
(d) Stop complaining about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Otto Kernberg, adolescent romantic love is the normal, crucial beginning of what?
2. Who was the psychologist who said that marriage requires "a wise balancing of love and hate"?
3. Madame Bovary uses what metaphor to describe marriage?
4. Intimate male-female relationships are rare because of what?
5. In Chapter 16, Viorst quotes which psychologist who wrote the book Loss?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)