|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Intimate male-female relationships are rare because of what?
(a) The sexual tension.
(b) Women would just rather talk to other women.
(c) The adultery factor.
(d) Socially unacceptable norms.
2. There are what number of friendships that Viorst labels in Chapter 12?
3. Parents have trouble seeing their children as what?
(a) A part of themselves.
(b) Separate people.
(c) Competent humans.
(d) Anything but perfect.
4. Which of the following psychoanalysts said we create religion to "exorcise the terrors" of nature?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Stanley Greenspan.
(d) Erik Erikson.
5. What is the name of the son in Death of a Salesman that Viorst uses as an example of the restricting roles some parents foist on their children?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a psychologist in Chapter 13, husbands and wives are each other's what?
2. According to Chapter 13, there can be no human love without what?
3. Which sex tends to have only superficial relationships?
4. Viorst contends that our unconscious sexual thoughts toward friends are masked as what?
5. According to Lillian Rubin, the sexual difference between men and women leads to what in a marriage relationship?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)