1. The first sentence of Chapter 1 states that, "Life begins with _______."
2. According to the author, what do babies need?
3. While in the hospital, a little boy who was set on fire by his mother is crying for whom?
4. According to the author, absence makes the heart grow _____________.
5. According to Art Buchwald, what are "the three worst words in the language"?
Hebrew, orphan, asylum.
6. What does the author state that extended separation from a mother can cause a child?
Pain and permanent damage.
7. How does Viorst describe the first loss we experience as humans?
This section contains 4,884 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)