Short Answer Key
1. The first sentence of Chapter 1 states that, "Life begins with _______."
2. According to the author, what do babies need?
3. While in the hospital, a little boy who was set on fire by his mother is crying for whom?
4. According to the author, absence makes the heart grow _____________.
5. According to Art Buchwald, what are "the three worst words in the language"?
Hebrew, orphan, asylum.
6. What does the author state that extended separation from a mother can cause a child?
Pain and permanent damage.
7. How does Viorst describe the first loss we experience as humans?
8. Drugs, communing with nature, religious experiences, and meditation are all ways in which people seek to what?
Bridge the loss of oneness with our mother.
9. Mrs. C slept in the same bed as her mother...
This section contains 3,008 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)