|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The following headline ran in what paper? "HER OUTSIDE PREOCCUPATION CAN LEAVE HIM ISOLATED AT TIME OF MORE LEISURE"
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Washington Post.
2. Winnicott argues that denying _____ prevents "the developing child from facing and learning to tolerate" this emotion in themselves.
3. According to Chapter 9, what feeling could be fear of the loss of our own love?
4. According to Lillian Rubin, the sexual difference between men and women leads to what in a marriage relationship?
(a) Intimate strangers.
(b) A perfect partnership.
(c) Superficial friendship.
(d) Separation and divorce.
5. The first sentence of Chapter 1 states that, "Life begins with _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cinderella Complex says that women are programmed for what?
2. What was the name of the married woman with four children, mentioned in Chapter 12, who formed a non-sexual friendship with another man?
3. Freud said that every dream contains what?
4. Which well-known psychologist noted that if a child can fight a sibling and win, he becomes a fighter. However, if he is not allowed to win, he will often not compete later in life?
5. According to the book, the conscious daydreams that drift through our minds bring hints to us of what kind of world?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)