|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 addresses how the "Private I" is the person who lives underneath the facade that is created in order to ___________ those around them.
(b) Scare away.
2. Which two psychologists believe that the contacts between infant and mother produce a "deep libidinal pleasure"?
(a) Freud and Erikson.
(b) Jung and Adler.
(c) Piaget and Spock.
(d) Skinner and Sullivan.
3. Viorst feels that only through _____________ can "our loss be transcended."
4. During the age of latency, fear, anger, and harsh conscience make it difficult to do what?
(a) Develop into our own person.
(b) Maintain a good relationship with our parents.
(c) Make the break from our parents.
(d) Concentrate on school.
5. What does Viorst explain we are trying to accomplish when we try to "undo' the separation from our mother?
(a) Proving we are competent individuals.
(b) Learning to accept and love ourselves.
(c) Seeking the unconditional love of our mother's arms.
(d) Vying for our father's affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst states, "All of us, to some degree, are _______________."
2. Who else, besides mothers, links separation and danger?
3. How did Cecil and Julia Saunders die?
4. According to Chapter 12, growing up involves giving up what illusion?
5. After fantasizing about her mother having a fatal heart attack, a woman drove up to her mother's apartment building to find what?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)