|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the answers below describes the stages and challenges of the life cycle according to Erik Erikson?
(a) The Five Cycles of a Human.
(b) The Twelve Stages of Life.
(c) The Four Periods of Growth.
(d) The Eight Ages of Man.
2. "Our conscience is our _____________ installed in our mind."
(c) Collective consciousness.
3. Chapter 3 addresses how the "Private I" is the person who lives underneath the facade that is created in order to ___________ those around them.
(a) Scare away.
4. Who created the character Alexander Portnoy?
(a) Leo Tolstoy.
(b) Philip Roth.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
5. Repression, reaction formation, isolation, and denial are all mechanisms of defense against what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When we allow some person or group to stand in place of our own conscience, this leads to what?
2. What are the ingrained patterns repeated in adulthood due to childhood experiences called?
3. Chapter 5 states that even an average mother is perceived by a child as _____________.
4. How does Viorst describe the first loss we experience as humans?
5. Who said, "To be a man, a woman, an adult, is to accept responsibility"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)