|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing our own feelings as those of the new baby's is known as what?
(a) Yours and mine syndrome.
(d) Entanglement of self.
2. At the end of Chapter 8, Margaret Mead uses what type of profession in her analogy about accepting what we were born with?
3. Mrs. C slept in the same bed as her mother until she was how old?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 40 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
4. Viorst states, "All of us, to some degree, are _______________."
(d) Primarily sexual.
5. According to Chapter 8, it is believed that girls have a greater _______________ ability as opposed to boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst feels that only through _____________ can "our loss be transcended."
2. When a mother rejects a child's need for dependence and pushes them out of the nest too soon, what can happen?
3. In Chapter 8, the author discusses another "necessary loss." Which one is it?
4. How is it believed that infants perceive their needs in relation to their mother?
5. According to Chapter 9, how do we eventually resolve the Oedipus complex?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)