|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margaret Mead points out that we have labeled the Oedipal issue as a _______________.
(b) Valid response.
(c) Ridiculous behavior.
2. According to the author, absence makes the heart grow _____________.
3. Even as adults, according to the author, we still view our mothers as what?
(a) As our biggest fan.
(b) As our dearest friend.
(c) As our greatest critic.
(d) As our safety net.
4. According to Chapter 7, our adult sexuality is in response to what?
(a) Oedipal conflicts.
(b) Our religious upbringing.
(c) Libidinal conflicts.
(d) The messages media convey.
5. According to Viorst, what are we all striving to be?
(a) A well-adjusted adult.
(b) A separate self.
(c) Someone who makes our mother proud.
(d) A narcissist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst feels our sexual nature comes from where?
2. According to psychoanalyst Erich Fromm, immature love follows what principle?
3. How does Viorst describe the first loss we experience as humans?
4. Seeing our own feelings as those of the new baby's is known as what?
5. Chapter 1 concludes by stating that the yearning to restore the bliss of mother-child oneness is _____________________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)