|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing our own feelings as those of the new baby's is known as what?
(c) Yours and mine syndrome.
(d) Entanglement of self.
2. Chapter 5 states that even an average mother is perceived by a child as _____________.
(b) Better than average.
3. Which well-known psychologist noted that if a child can fight a sibling and win, he becomes a fighter. However, if he is not allowed to win, he will often not compete later in life?
(a) Erik Erikson.
(b) Alfred Adler.
(c) Lev Vygotsky.
(d) Jean Piaget.
4. According to Viorst, what is one of our first treasures that we don't want to share?
(a) Our special blanket.
(b) Our mother's milk.
(c) Our mother's love.
(d) Our father's love.
5. When a mother rejects a child's need for dependence and pushes them out of the nest too soon, what can happen?
(a) We scream, or cry, or get angry.
(b) We crash to the ground.
(c) We adapt, or crumple, or compromise.
(d) We grow amazingly strong wings.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Viorst, we not only try to re-live the good experiences from our past, but also seek to re-create the bad ones in an effort to do what?
2. What happens when children see their mothers as all good or all bad?
3. According to Viorst, how often do families discuss sibling rivalry?
4. Viorst feels that there is a always a grain of what in our love relationships?
5. Chapter 1 concludes by stating that the yearning to restore the bliss of mother-child oneness is _____________________.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)