|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Viorst fantasize about taking care of the bully who was bothering her son?
(a) Shooting him.
(b) Holding him up against a tree until he promised not to do it anymore.
(c) Shoving him in front of a truck.
(d) Talking to his parents.
2. Viorst contends that our unconscious sexual thoughts toward friends are masked as what?
(a) Flirtatious behavior.
(b) Concern, devotion, and affection.
(d) Ridicule and anger.
3. What is composed of our noblest goals?
(a) Our superego.
(b) Our id.
(c) Our ego.
(d) Our ego ideal.
4. As our parents grow old, get sick, and die, we learn to do what in relation to imperfect connections?
(a) Work them out.
(b) Ignore them and continue on our own path.
(c) Give thanks.
(d) Stop complaining about them.
5. Which sex tends to have only superficial relationships?
(b) Men who were abused or abandoned as children.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what was Richard Steele referring in the following quote? "... the compleatest image of heaven and hell we are capable of receiving in this life."
2. According to Chapter 7, what destroys the innocence of the family bond?
3. What Christmas gift caused Brooke Hayward so much anguish when asked if her little sister could play with it?
4. Viorst states that some oneness experiences can go too far and cause what?
5. After fantasizing about her mother having a fatal heart attack, a woman drove up to her mother's apartment building to find what?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)