|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 8, it is believed that girls have a greater _______________ ability as opposed to boys.
2. According to Viorst, what types of feelings are present in ALL friendships?
(a) Reserved feelings.
(b) Competitive feelings.
(c) Sad feelings.
(d) Feelings of love.
3. What happens when children see their mothers as all good or all bad?
(a) They form a very close relationship with their fathers.
(b) They shun perfect and evil people alike, looking for complete mediocrity in the perfect mate.
(c) They compare everyone they meet to their mothers.
(d) They split from relationships their whole life because they think in terms of black and white.
4. When the child decides to replace the hostility towards the new sibling with some other activity, it is referred to as what?
5. According to Viorst, how often do families discuss sibling rivalry?
(a) Families discuss it only when there is a fight between siblings.
(b) Families discuss it frequently.
(c) Families do not discuss it at all.
(d) Families do not discuss it until the children are grown.
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of Chapter 12 lists what?
2. Viorst quotes this book, written by Kathrin Perutz, in Chapter 13.
3. According to Viorst, which two abilities at which boys excel are the only ones based in scientific fact?
4. How is it believed that infants perceive their needs in relation to their mother?
5. What two feelings battle each other at every stage of development?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)