|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age do we develop the superego?
2. Some primitive tribes have allowed their men to express what sort of envy?
(a) Breast envy.
(b) Creative envy.
(c) Motherhood envy.
(d) Womb envy.
3. Why does Viorst think some people fear success?
(a) They fear retaliation from siblings.
(b) They fear being more successful than the opposite sex parent.
(c) They fear the responsibility that comes with success.
(d) They fear punishment from the rival parent.
4. What sort of thing did Selena's children no longer want her to do when they separated?
(a) Leave a note on their dresser.
(b) Set out their clothes.
(c) Hire a babysitter.
(d) Make a Travel Book.
5. When we allow some person or group to stand in place of our own conscience, this leads to what?
(a) Unconscious guilt.
(b) Dependent guilt.
(c) Indiscriminate guilt.
(d) Deficient guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sex tends to have only superficial relationships?
2. Name the foiled romantic in Flaubert's Madame Bovary.
3. What is the name of the son in Death of a Salesman that Viorst uses as an example of the restricting roles some parents foist on their children?
4. What was the name of the "weird little novel" mentioned by Viorst in Chapter 8?
5. Viorst quotes this book, written by Kathrin Perutz, in Chapter 13.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)