|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lillian Rubin, the sexual difference between men and women leads to what in a marriage relationship?
(a) Superficial friendship.
(b) Separation and divorce.
(c) Intimate strangers.
(d) A perfect partnership.
2. What are we often unaware of that we bring with us into a marriage?
(a) Our parent's relationship.
(b) Perfect love.
(c) The Oedipus complex.
(d) The unfinished business of childhood.
3. What was the title of Delia Ephron's book about adolescent angst referenced in Chapter 10?
(a) Romantic Teens.
(b) Puppy Love.
(c) Teenage Romance.
(d) Teen Infatuation.
4. What was the name of the girl's club that Viorst's neighbor Amy belonged to?
(a) Rainbows and Unicorns.
(b) The Rainbow Fleet.
(c) No Boys Allowed.
(d) Girls Rule.
5. According to the author, what do babies need?
(a) A consistent caregiver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry David Thoreau's little isolated cabin was how far from his mother's house?
2. What is it called when someone keeps everything just the same after someone dies?
3. What two feelings battle each other at every stage of development?
4. Why does Viorst say we "need the controls provided by guilt"?
5. According to Viorst, "A new dream will arise when we begin to have our babies..." What is it?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)