|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 12, growing up involves giving up what illusion?
(a) That the universe revolves around us.
(b) That death is inevitable.
(c) That friendship is infallible.
(d) That our parents are perfect.
2. Seeing our own feelings as those of the new baby's is known as what?
(b) Yours and mine syndrome.
(c) Entanglement of self.
3. Which of the answers below describes the stages and challenges of the life cycle according to Erik Erikson?
(a) The Eight Ages of Man.
(b) The Four Periods of Growth.
(c) The Five Cycles of a Human.
(d) The Twelve Stages of Life.
4. Sigmund Freud once said, "When you meet a human being, the first distinction you make is ______________?"
(a) Male or female.
(b) Crazy or sane.
(c) Old or young.
(d) Smart or stupid.
5. According to Viorst, in what way do we primarily form our self-identity?
(a) By belonging to a wide variety of social groups.
(b) Through experimentation with different character traits.
(c) Through imitation of our parents.
(d) Through imitation of our friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the "weird little novel" mentioned by Viorst in Chapter 8?
2. According to Viorst, the different roles we assign ourselves keep life interesting and fluid, rather than _____________.
3. How does Viorst purport that we form an identification of "I"?
4. Some children develop a false self from what type of parenting?
5. In the study discussed in Chapter 8, how many school children were asked how their lives would be different if they woke up the next morning as the opposite sex?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)