|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sex tends to have only superficial relationships?
(b) Men who were abused or abandoned as children.
2. In this book, mentioned in Chapter 12, it is stated that despite sexual feelings toward friends of the same sex, individuals need not necessarily define themselves as "homosexual." What is the name of the book?
(a) Intimacy and Friendship Through College.
(b) My Friend Pat.
(c) Friends and Lovers in the College Years.
(d) Friends and Lovers for Life.
3. Which fictional character mentioned in the book chooses not to become a man, and stay as a boy forever?
(a) Saint George.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Robin Hood.
4. According to Chapter 8, it is believed that girls have a greater _______________ ability as opposed to boys.
5. According to Freud, when does the age of latency occur?
(a) 13-18 years old.
(b) 7-10 years old.
(c) 3-5 years old.
(d) 18-21 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 addresses how the "Private I" is the person who lives underneath the facade that is created in order to ___________ those around them.
2. What type of relationship reinforces our self-knowledge, widens our worldview, and supports our self-esteem?
3. According to Viorst, what are we all striving to be?
4. According to Viorst, the different roles we assign ourselves keep life interesting and fluid, rather than _____________.
5. What was the name of the married woman with four children, mentioned in Chapter 12, who formed a non-sexual friendship with another man?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)