|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 8, it is believed that girls have a greater _______________ ability as opposed to boys.
2. According to Chapter 8, what does modern science say that all mammals start out as?
3. According to Viorst, which two abilities at which boys excel are the only ones based in scientific fact?
(a) Math and science.
(b) Aggression and visual spatial ability.
(c) Verbal and scientific.
(d) Sports and hunting.
4. There are _______ unanswered questions about the innate differences between the sexes.
5. According to Viorst, in what way do we primarily form our self-identity?
(a) Through experimentation with different character traits.
(b) By belonging to a wide variety of social groups.
(c) Through imitation of our friends.
(d) Through imitation of our parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Viorst, how often do families discuss sibling rivalry?
2. The Cinderella Complex says that women are programmed for what?
3. When a mother rejects a child's need for dependence and pushes them out of the nest too soon, what can happen?
4. Which character claimed that, "I am a part of all that I have met."
5. In Chapter 8, the author discusses another "necessary loss." Which one is it?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)