|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Intimate male-female relationships are rare because of what?
(a) The sexual tension.
(b) The adultery factor.
(c) Women would just rather talk to other women.
(d) Socially unacceptable norms.
2. Who wrote the book, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret?
(a) Judy Blume
(b) Madeleine L'Engle
(c) J.K. Rowling
(d) Beverly Cleary
3. What was the name of the married woman with four children, mentioned in Chapter 12, who formed a non-sexual friendship with another man?
4. The following verse is from what poem? "And as I was green and carefree, famous among the barns, About the happy yard and singing as the farm was home, In the sun that is young once only, Time let me play and be..."
(a) "Young Once."
(b) "Green and Golden."
(c) "Holy Streams."
(d) "Fern Hill."
5. According to Viorst, what are we all striving to be?
(a) A well-adjusted adult.
(b) A narcissist.
(c) A separate self.
(d) Someone who makes our mother proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst contends that our unconscious sexual thoughts toward friends are masked as what?
2. Some primitive tribes have allowed their men to express what sort of envy?
3. Seeing our own feelings as those of the new baby's is known as what?
4. According to Chapter 8, what does modern science say that all mammals start out as?
5. In the study discussed in Chapter 8, how many school children were asked how their lives would be different if they woke up the next morning as the opposite sex?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)