1. The first sentence of Chapter 1 states that, "Life begins with _______."
2. According to the author, what do babies need?
(c) A consistent caregiver.
3. While in the hospital, a little boy who was set on fire by his mother is crying for whom?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His nurse.
(d) His father.
4. According to the author, absence makes the heart grow _____________.
5. According to Art Buchwald, what are "the three worst words in the language"?
(a) Jewish, urchin, institution.
(b) Isolated, hopeless, angry.
(c) Hebrew, orphan, asylum.
(d) Lonely, stray, hospital.
6. What does the author state that extended separation from a mother can cause a child?
(a) A good chance to socialize with other people.
(b) Pain and permanent damage.
(c) A sense of independence.
7. How does Viorst describe the first loss we experience as humans?
(a) Launch of independence.
(b) New beginning.
(c) Original loss.
(d) First separation.
This section contains 4,884 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)