1. The first sentence of Chapter 1 states that, "Life begins with _______."
2. According to the author, what do babies need?
(b) A consistent caregiver.
3. While in the hospital, a little boy who was set on fire by his mother is crying for whom?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His nurse.
(d) His grandmother.
4. According to the author, absence makes the heart grow _____________.
5. According to Art Buchwald, what are "the three worst words in the language"?
(a) Jewish, urchin, institution.
(b) Hebrew, orphan, asylum.
(c) Lonely, stray, hospital.
(d) Isolated, hopeless, angry.
6. What does the author state that extended separation from a mother can cause a child?
(a) Pain and permanent damage.
(b) A good chance to socialize with other people.
(d) A sense of independence.
7. How does Viorst describe the first loss we experience as humans?
(a) New beginning.
(b) Launch of independence.
(c) First separation.
(d) Original loss.
This section contains 4,884 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)