Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 14, why is the captain of the boat upset?
2. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
3. At this point the soldiers have turned around and are making their way back to the beach. What is the general feeling of the soldiers toward Croft?
4. How do the soldiers keep the toilet paper dry?
5. What was wrong with the reports Cummings received about the Japanese bivouac?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place on a fictional island.
1) Were the events in the book indicative of actual historical events? Explain your answer.
2) Are there any recorded battles that took place on a similar island? .
Essay Topic 2
Give an full analytical critique of this book. Be sure to include information about the use of literary tools such as setting, mood, themes, etc. Do not just write that you liked or disliked the book. You must provide examples to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Roth and Goldstein have a substantial conversation on the beach, and Roth feels they are becoming friends. Would these two characters be friends if they had met outside of the Army? Explain your reasoning with evidence using the characters background, education, personality, and thoughts reveled throughout the book.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)