|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldier carrying Wilson pretends to faint?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 11, what does Cummings do when he gets the destroyer?
(a) Destroys the Japanese ships.
(b) Destroys the road.
(c) Takes Japanese soldiers prisoner.
(d) Shells the beach.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 7, Hearn is seeking Martinez's advice on what the troops should do. What does Hearn decide to do with the troops?
(a) Give control to Croft.
(b) Continue toward the mountian.
(c) Give them leave.
(d) Turn back.
4. After crossing the open field, who is missing?
5. As he is being carried through the jungle to the beach, Wilson dies. What do the men carrying Wilson do after he dies?
(a) Bury him.
(b) Continue to carry him to the beach.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Send him down the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hearn's realization that the men he leads will blame him for their problems and dislike him causes what emotion?
2. What background does Ridges have that leads him to enjoy physical work?
3. The men have crossed the four-foot gap in the mountain side and have witnessed Roth fall as he tried to jump it. Who does Gallagher eventually blame for Roth's death?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 13, did Martinez defy Croft, why or why not?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, why does Hearn feel he will have a difficult time with Croft?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)