|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 11, what does Cummings do when he gets the destroyer?
(a) Destroys the road.
(b) Takes Japanese soldiers prisoner.
(c) Shells the beach.
(d) Destroys the Japanese ships.
2. What is Dalleson's aspirations for his career?
(a) Return home and become a teacher.
(b) Become a Major.
(c) Retire from the Army.
(d) Become a Captain.
3. Croft's anger with the men increases as they begin to slow down and hold up the mission. Which soldier, in particular, frequently falls and holds up the others?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 4, why does Hearn think the men resist his leadership?
(a) They think he is worthless.
(b) They do not know him.
(c) They like Croft as their leader.
(d) They fear Croft.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Hearn decide cannot be trusted?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 13, who tries to bribe Martinez to defy Croft?
2. The reader learns that Martinez fathered an illegitimate child. How does Martinez feel about having an illegitimate child?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, why does Hearn feel he will have a difficult time with Croft?
4. During a conversation with Gallagher about killing a Japanese soldier, Martinez begins to feel guilty and also begins thinking about death. As he thinks about these things, he wishes there was a chaplain with the men. Why does Martinez wish there was a chaplain with them?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 2, why does Hearn allow Croft to take control?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)