|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hearn's realization that the men he leads will blame him for their problems and dislike him causes what emotion?
2. What is Dalleson's aspirations for his career?
(a) Return home and become a teacher.
(b) Become a Major.
(c) Retire from the Army.
(d) Become a Captain.
3. The groups of men carrying Wilson back to the beach are beginning to have a difficult time. They are tired and running out of water, additionally they are beginning to fight, who suggests the men leave Wilson behind?
4. Cummings was the commander of the entire island, however, his part in the actual campaign is questionable. What is Cummings responsibility to the success of the attack compared to?
(a) The intelligence of a great man.
(b) A man pressing a button for an elevator.
(c) A baby bird learning to fly.
(d) An attack dog catching it prey.
5. What is Croft's intention in telling Hearn there are no Japanese guarding the pass and in sending him and a group of men to patrol?
(a) Hearn would give up command.
(b) Hearn would begin to trust Croft.
(c) Croft would be seen as a hero.
(d) Hearn would be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minetta fantasize about?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does Red feel he needs from the other men?
3. The reader learns that Martinez fathered an illegitimate child. How does Martinez feel about having an illegitimate child?
4. How long does Cummings suspect it will take for men to breach the Toyaku Line?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 7, Hearn is seeking Martinez's advice on what the troops should do. What does Hearn decide to do with the troops?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)