|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Wilson dies, how does Ridges feel regarding God?
2. The men have crossed the four-foot gap in the mountain side and have witnessed Roth fall as he tried to jump it. Who does Gallagher eventually blame for Roth's death?
3. What is Croft's intention in telling Hearn there are no Japanese guarding the pass and in sending him and a group of men to patrol?
(a) Croft would be seen as a hero.
(b) Hearn would give up command.
(c) Hearn would begin to trust Croft.
(d) Hearn would be killed.
4. At this point the soldiers have turned around and are making their way back to the beach. What is the general feeling of the soldiers toward Croft?
5. As he is being carried through the jungle to the beach, Wilson dies. What do the men carrying Wilson do after he dies?
(a) Continue to carry him to the beach.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Send him down the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cummings was the commander of the entire island, however, his part in the actual campaign is questionable. What is Cummings responsibility to the success of the attack compared to?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 2, why do the men become uneasy as they leave the jungle?
3. During Brown's flashback, what does he dream of studying in college?
4. What does Croft eventually realize about the hike up the mountain?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 11, what does Cummings do when he gets the destroyer?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)