|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he is being carried through the jungle to the beach, Wilson dies. What do the men carrying Wilson do after he dies?
(a) Send him down the river.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Continue to carry him to the beach.
2. What background does Ridges have that leads him to enjoy physical work?
(b) Factory work.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 2, why do the men become uneasy as they leave the jungle?
(a) They are out in the open.
(b) There is a battle going on.
(c) Many men have died.
(d) There is more work to do out of the jungle.
4. What does Croft eventually realize about the hike up the mountain?
(a) They do not have enough food.
(b) They should reach the top by sundown.
(c) It will be the turning point of the battle.
(d) It is too great of a task.
5. Brown is considering his current mission of carrying Wilson back to the beach and becomes angry with Croft for sending him. How is Brown's anger toward Croft for sending him with Wilson a contradiction?
(a) He is friends with Wilson.
(b) He wanted to be sent.
(c) He likes Croft and trusts his judgement.
(d) He was also in need of medical attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 9, how far could the men carrying Wilson go before having to take a break?
2. When Martinez returns from checking the mountain pass, he is deceptive to some of the other men. Who is Martinez hoping to impress by his actions during his mission?
3. What does Hearn think of Wilson's injury?
4. After crossing the open field, who is missing?
5. The groups of men carrying Wilson back to the beach are beginning to have a difficult time. They are tired and running out of water, additionally they are beginning to fight, who suggests the men leave Wilson behind?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)