|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cummings believe is the way to power?
2. How does Wilson think he will benefit from the gun shot in the stomach?
(a) He will be sent home.
(b) It will relieve the pus from his venereal disease.
(c) He will receive a medal of honor.
(d) He will be put out of his misery.
3. What does Croft eventually realize about the hike up the mountain?
(a) It is too great of a task.
(b) It will be the turning point of the battle.
(c) They do not have enough food.
(d) They should reach the top by sundown.
4. The reader learns that Martinez fathered an illegitimate child. How does Martinez feel about having an illegitimate child?
5. During a conversation with Gallagher about killing a Japanese soldier, Martinez begins to feel guilty and also begins thinking about death. As he thinks about these things, he wishes there was a chaplain with the men. Why does Martinez wish there was a chaplain with them?
(a) In case he dies.
(b) So he can learn about God.
(c) To receive communion.
(d) So he can confess.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 7, Hearn is seeking Martinez's advice on what the troops should do. What does Hearn decide to do with the troops?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 11, how does Dalleson think the battle ended?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how long did the men run before realizing that one of their men is not with them?
4. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
5. Croft has convinced Hearn to move the troops up the mountain. However, Hearn only agrees to this decision if Martinez checks the pass for Japanese presence. As Martinez searches for the presence of Japanese soldiers, what is his first mistake?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)