|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
2. How long does Cummings suspect it will take for men to breach the Toyaku Line?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
3. What is Dalleson's aspirations for his career?
(a) Return home and become a teacher.
(b) Become a Major.
(c) Become a Captain.
(d) Retire from the Army.
4. As the troop continues up the mountain, the weight of the backpacks weighs them down, making it more difficult to hike. What does Wyman do to try to lighten his pack?
(a) Throws out his medical supplies.
(b) Throws out his dry clothes.
(c) Throws out his canteen.
(d) Throws out is blanket.
5. What does Hearn think of Wilson's injury?
(a) Wilson will get more attention.
(b) Hearn is glad it was not him.
(c) It is not too bad.
(d) It has spoiled the mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hearn's realization that the men he leads will blame him for their problems and dislike him causes what emotion?
2. During Part 3, Chapter 2, what is one thing Hearn realizes he must rely on Croft for?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 13, who tries to bribe Martinez to defy Croft?
4. How does Wilson think he will benefit from the gun shot in the stomach?
5. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)