|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the campaign continues, Cummings pessimism grows. But as he reviews the progress of troops, he sees that have have advanced. How does Cummings feel about these advances the troops have made?
2. How does Martinez feel about not taking the dead Japanese soldier's watch?
(a) Happy with himself.
(b) Disapointed in himself.
3. Cummings was the commander of the entire island, however, his part in the actual campaign is questionable. What is Cummings responsibility to the success of the attack compared to?
(a) A baby bird learning to fly.
(b) An attack dog catching it prey.
(c) A man pressing a button for an elevator.
(d) The intelligence of a great man.
4. What does Martinez hope to gain by remaining loyal to the Army?
(a) He will become a hero.
(b) Lifelong friends.
(d) He will be able to support his family.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how long did the men run before realizing that one of their men is not with them?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Croft eventually realize about the hike up the mountain?
2. As he is being carried through the jungle to the beach, Wilson dies. What do the men carrying Wilson do after he dies?
3. Cummings often thinks about how the campaign might go wrong which causes him frustration. In addition to writing in his journal, how else does Cummings release his tensions?
4. Which soldier carrying Wilson pretends to faint?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, Hearn has been placed in charge of the reconnaissance mission. How far will he and his men have to travel to spy on the Japanese soldiers?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)