|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Cummings when he had his first homosexual encounter?
(c) West Point.
2. What job is Dalleson most confident at performing?
3. As he is being carried through the jungle to the beach, Wilson dies. What do the men carrying Wilson do after he dies?
(a) Continue to carry him to the beach.
(b) Send him down the river.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Bury him.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 1, why does Hearn feel he will have a difficult time with Croft?
(a) Hearn is his superior.
(b) Croft is friends with Cummings.
(c) Croft is Hearn's superior.
(d) Croft does not like anyone.
5. What does Minetta fantasize about?
(a) Being home.
(b) Blowing off his foot.
(d) Killing Croft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does Red feel he needs from the other men?
3. During Part 3, Chapter 2, what is one thing Hearn realizes he must rely on Croft for?
4. What background does Ridges have that leads him to enjoy physical work?
5. The groups of men carrying Wilson back to the beach are beginning to have a difficult time. They are tired and running out of water, additionally they are beginning to fight, who suggests the men leave Wilson behind?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)