|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What background does Ridges have that leads him to enjoy physical work?
(a) Factory work.
2. The groups of men carrying Wilson back to the beach are beginning to have a difficult time. They are tired and running out of water, additionally they are beginning to fight, who suggests the men leave Wilson behind?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 13, after further conflict with Hearn, what does Cummings decide to do?
(a) Have Hearn demoted.
(b) Have Hearn lead a reconnaissance patrol.
(c) Have Hearn court-martialed.
(d) Have Hearn transferred again.
4. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
5. During a flashback of Cummings, the reader learns that he enjoyed sewing and sketching as a child, however his father did not approve. What was his father's action upon learning Cummings was partaking in womanly activities?
(a) His father took him to work at his factory.
(b) He was forbidden to continue the activites.
(c) He was sent to military school.
(d) His father did nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 7, Hearn is seeking Martinez's advice on what the troops should do. What does Hearn decide to do with the troops?
2. As the soldier's carry Wilson to the beach, his continually complains that he is thirsty. However the men say he can not drink any water with his injury. What is the explanation they give Wilson for not being allowed any water?
3. As the troop continues up the mountain, the weight of the backpacks weighs them down, making it more difficult to hike. What does Wyman do to try to lighten his pack?
4. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, why does Hearn feel he will have a difficult time with Croft?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)