|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During a flashback of Cummings, the reader learns that he enjoyed sewing and sketching as a child, however his father did not approve. What was his father's action upon learning Cummings was partaking in womanly activities?
(a) His father took him to work at his factory.
(b) He was forbidden to continue the activites.
(c) His father did nothing.
(d) He was sent to military school.
2. After failing out of college, what profession did Brown take up?
(a) The family business.
(b) Factory work.
3. As he is being carried through the jungle to the beach, Wilson dies. What do the men carrying Wilson do after he dies?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Continue to carry him to the beach.
(c) Send him down the river.
(d) Bury him.
4. One night, Gallagher and Martinez talk about Martinez's search mission of the pass. Martinez admits that he killed a Japanese soldier. What does Gallagher think of Martinez for killing the Japanese soldier?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is a hero.
(c) He is brave.
(d) He is a monster.
5. What job is Dalleson most confident at performing?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 9, how far could the men carrying Wilson go before having to take a break?
2. Which soldier states he will re-enlist?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 5, at night Wilson is very vocal. How does Brown try to keep him quiet?
4. What does Hearn think of Wilson's injury?
5. When Martinez returns from checking the mountain pass, he is deceptive to some of the other men. Who is Martinez hoping to impress by his actions during his mission?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)