|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the troop begins crossing the field?
(b) The Japanese attack.
(c) Croft disappears.
(d) The men fght with each other.
2. What was wrong with the reports Cummings received about the Japanese bivouac?
(a) The reports were conflicting.
(b) There were no coordinates.
(c) It was not deserted.
(d) Cummings did not have enough men available to investigate.
3. During Brown's flashback, what does he dream of studying in college?
(c) Aeronautical engineering.
(d) Chemical engineering.
4. The men have almost reached the summit and Croft is the only one who wants to continue to the top. What causes the men to turn back down in the mountain?
(a) Croft is killed.
(b) They are attacked by hornets.
(c) They receive word that the campaign is over.
(d) They defy Croft.
5. Where was Cummings when he had his first homosexual encounter?
(b) West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Martinez returns from checking the mountain pass, he is deceptive to some of the other men. Who is Martinez hoping to impress by his actions during his mission?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 1, Hearn has been placed in charge of the reconnaissance mission. How far will he and his men have to travel to spy on the Japanese soldiers?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 2, why does Hearn allow Croft to take control?
4. Cummings was the commander of the entire island, however, his part in the actual campaign is questionable. What is Cummings responsibility to the success of the attack compared to?
5. How does Martinez feel about not taking the dead Japanese soldier's watch?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)