|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 14, why is the captain of the boat upset?
(a) The campaign is over.
(b) The men are spitting on the deck.
(c) The weather is poor.
(d) Not all the men survived.
2. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
3. At this point the soldiers have turned around and are making their way back to the beach. What is the general feeling of the soldiers toward Croft?
4. How do the soldiers keep the toilet paper dry?
(a) It is kept in a plastic bag.
(b) It is kept in a tin can.
(c) It is kept in their tents.
(d) It is kept in a hard plastic container.
5. What was wrong with the reports Cummings received about the Japanese bivouac?
(a) There were no coordinates.
(b) Cummings did not have enough men available to investigate.
(c) The reports were conflicting.
(d) It was not deserted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 4, why does Hearn think the men resist his leadership?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 14, which soldier is Goldstein happy to have befriended?
3. The men continue up the mountain based on the information provided by Martinez, what do the men assume about the mountain pass?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 13, after further conflict with Hearn, what does Cummings decide to do?
5. What does Ridges do that causes him to becomes emotional?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)