|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does Red feel he needs from the other men?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 13, did Martinez defy Croft, why or why not?
(a) No, he was too weak.
(b) Yes, he hated the man.
(c) Yes, he thought Croft was wrong.
(d) No, he was Croft's friend.
3. What was wrong with the reports Cummings received about the Japanese bivouac?
(a) It was not deserted.
(b) The reports were conflicting.
(c) Cummings did not have enough men available to investigate.
(d) There were no coordinates.
4. What does Martinez hope to gain by remaining loyal to the Army?
(b) Lifelong friends.
(c) He will become a hero.
(d) He will be able to support his family.
5. As the soldier's carry Wilson to the beach, his continually complains that he is thirsty. However the men say he can not drink any water with his injury. What is the explanation they give Wilson for not being allowed any water?
(a) He can drink the rain water.
(b) They left the water behind.
(c) With a stomach injury, it will kill him.
(d) The men carrying him need it more.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Part 3, Chapter 2, what is one thing Hearn realizes he must rely on Croft for?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 4, why does Hearn think the men resist his leadership?
3. How does Dalleson feel about being chief of operations?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 11, how does Dalleson think the battle ended?
5. During a flashback of Cummings, the reader learns that he enjoyed sewing and sketching as a child, however his father did not approve. What was his father's action upon learning Cummings was partaking in womanly activities?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)