|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men feel as they look back at the mountain?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 13, after further conflict with Hearn, what does Cummings decide to do?
(a) Have Hearn transferred again.
(b) Have Hearn demoted.
(c) Have Hearn lead a reconnaissance patrol.
(d) Have Hearn court-martialed.
3. What does Red do when Hearn offers him the rank of corporal?
(a) He rejects it.
(b) His is afraid of the responsibility.
(c) He thinks it is a ploy.
(d) He is happily accepts it.
4. The soldiers are tired and their health is beginning to fail, additionally recent events have dulled the man's spirits, however Croft does not seem to care. How do the soldiers feel about Crofts' decision to continue through the pass, given recent events?
5. Which soldier states he will re-enlist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain Croft is determined to climb?
2. After failing out of college, what profession did Brown take up?
3. What is Dalleson's aspirations for his career?
4. What is Croft's intention in telling Hearn there are no Japanese guarding the pass and in sending him and a group of men to patrol?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 7, Hearn is seeking Martinez's advice on what the troops should do. What does Hearn decide to do with the troops?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)