|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reader learns that Martinez fathered an illegitimate child. How does Martinez feel about having an illegitimate child?
2. The men continue up the mountain based on the information provided by Martinez, what do the men assume about the mountain pass?
(a) There is no way through.
(b) There are Japanese soldiers.
(c) There are no Japanese soldiers.
(d) Martinez has killed all the Japanese soldiers.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 14, which soldier is Goldstein happy to have befriended?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 7, Hearn makes a decision about his future that he know will cause the enlisted men and officers to hate him. What is his decision?
(a) Inform his superiors of the men's fears.
(b) Court-martial those who did not follow his orders.
(c) Resign his commission.
(d) Kill Croft.
5. What job is Dalleson most confident at performing?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Brown's flashback, what does he dream of studying in college?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 13, did Martinez defy Croft, why or why not?
3. Cummings often thinks about how the campaign might go wrong which causes him frustration. In addition to writing in his journal, how else does Cummings release his tensions?
4. When Martinez returns from checking the mountain pass, he is deceptive to some of the other men. Who is Martinez hoping to impress by his actions during his mission?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 2, how many miles does Hearn want to travel before dark?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)