|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dalleson's aspirations for his career?
(a) Become a Major.
(b) Return home and become a teacher.
(c) Become a Captain.
(d) Retire from the Army.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 2, how many miles does Hearn want to travel before dark?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
3. What does Ridges do that causes him to becomes emotional?
(a) Puts Wilson out of his misery.
(b) Fights with Gallagher.
(c) Tries to save Wilson's soul.
(d) Refuses to continue.
4. How does Dalleson feel about being chief of operations?
5. During Brown's flashback, what does he dream of studying in college?
(b) Aeronautical engineering.
(d) Chemical engineering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
2. As Martinez becomes weaker and more tired due to the journey up the mountain, he begins having hallucinations. In these hallucinations, Martinez sees the face of the dead Japanese guard. What effect does this vision have on him?
3. Brown is considering his current mission of carrying Wilson back to the beach and becomes angry with Croft for sending him. How is Brown's anger toward Croft for sending him with Wilson a contradiction?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 13, did Martinez defy Croft, why or why not?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, Hearn has been placed in charge of the reconnaissance mission. How far will he and his men have to travel to spy on the Japanese soldiers?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)