|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island this platoon invaded before reaching Anopopei?
2. How does Wilson control his wife?
(a) By taking her money away.
(b) By hitting her.
(c) By threatening her.
(d) By working things out with her.
3. As the weather turns for the worse and the tents are being blown away, what is the general mood of the men?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
(a) He is a good soldier.
(b) He is not much help.
(c) He is very useful.
(d) He is a traitor.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
(a) Being born in a poor family.
(b) Being an officer.
(c) Having dry clothes.
(d) Fighting with others.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
2. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
3. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
4. How does Brown's feelings about women affect Stanley?
5. How big is the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems to be Ridges main concern or frustration when the stretcher with Wilson on it is washed away?
2. How does Minetta's plan to be moved to the mental ward backfire?
3. What is learned about Cummings sexuality in Part 2, Chapter 6 and what leads to this conclusion?
4. How are Croft and Hearn's feelings about Wilson's injury in contrast to the rules?
5. How does the delay in the mail system make it difficult for Gallagher to accept his wife's death?
6. In the opening scene, some of the men are playing cards. How does this card game reveal pieces of the men's personalities?
7. What is Goldstein's reasoning for the tents not staying up and how does he solve this problem?
8. Why does Red reject Hearn's offer to be promoted to corporal?
9. Why had Red gone to the medical tent and what was the result of the visit?
10. How does the general mood eventually change, and how is this different that what was experienced on the island?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)