|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stanley begin to lose respect for after his promotion?
2. As the book opens, which solider is not taking the card game seriously and offers to give back some of his winnings?
3. How many letters does the dead soldier Hennessey receive?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who finds the illicit whiskey?
5. How big is the island?
(a) 50 miles long and 100 miles wide.
(b) 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.
(c) 50 miles long and 150 miles wide.
(d) 100 miles long and 50 miles wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Gallagher thinks about the past, why is he upset about the post office job?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
3. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
4. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
5. What is Red's strategy for dealing with his current situation of being at war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gallagher upset with Wilson's reply to his wife's letter?
2. Why is Dalleson tasked to prepare the logistics for the attack on Toyaku Line?
3. Why were the soldiers in so much shock when Hearn is shot?
4. How does the narrator describe the quietness of the jungle?
5. What do the soldiers carry on their backs through the jungle and how much does it weigh?
6. Why do the men continue to march up the mountain despite their attempts and threats to quit?
7. What is Cummings solution to bring the men back in line and give one example of this?
8. How does Minetta's plan to be moved to the mental ward backfire?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 5, for the first time Croft realizes that he is afraid. What are the circumstances for this realization?
10. Why does Hearn dislike Conn, Hobart, and Dalleson?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)