|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
2. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
(a) Not enough time to prepare.
(b) Not enough air support.
(c) Too complicated of an operation.
(d) Fights with other men.
3. What does Hearn request of Cummings in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(b) A chance to fight.
(c) A transfer.
(d) Permission to have some liquor.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Wakara feel around the other men?
5. During Gallagher's flashback, what organization does the reader learn he joined as a teenager?
(a) The Young Republicans.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) Jehovah Witness.
(d) Christians United.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the commanding officer describe Anopopei?
2. Leach offers a number of excuses why he can not take a picture of Dalleson. Which of the following is not one of his excuses?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
4. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. The men were taking a break and relaxing on the beach, as the men are talking, Croft becomes angry and fires a shot into the woods, what happens next that creates fear and panic?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Part 2, Chapter 7, what does Martinez do in the souvenir hut?
2. Why does Hearn dislike Conn, Hobart, and Dalleson?
3. Why does Cummings begin to lose control of the men and what were his feeling about this?
4. How does the narrator describe the pace of Ridges and Goldstein as they carry Wilson through the jungle?
5. Describe Dalleson's advancement in the army and how he feels about his current position.
6. What is Goldstein's reasoning for the tents not staying up and how does he solve this problem?
7. After carrying Wilson and enduring the heat and exhaustion, why didn't the men leave Wilson behind?
8. Why does Red reject Hearn's offer to be promoted to corporal?
9. Why does Hearn think he is becoming a prude?
10. In the opening scene, some of the men are playing cards. How does this card game reveal pieces of the men's personalities?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)