|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
(a) He is very useful.
(b) He is not much help.
(c) He is a traitor.
(d) He is a good soldier.
2. As the weather turns for the worse and the tents are being blown away, what is the general mood of the men?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
4. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 9, who delivers the bad news to Gallagher?
(c) The mail clerks.
(d) The chaplain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 5, as Roth thinks about his wife, what can the reader guess about her feelings toward him?
3. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
4. What happens physically to Cummings as things begin to go wrong?
5. How do the soldiers feel about the conditions of the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Croft's instructions to Martinez regarding his mission to inspect the mountain pass deceiving toward Hearn?
2. What do the soldiers carry on their backs through the jungle and how much does it weigh?
3. What seems to be Ridges main concern or frustration when the stretcher with Wilson on it is washed away?
4. Why does Hearn think he is becoming a prude?
5. How did Stanley get money before the war and what are the other men's reaction to this method?
6. In the end what was the total death count?
7. After carrying Wilson and enduring the heat and exhaustion, why didn't the men leave Wilson behind?
8. Why had Red gone to the medical tent and what was the result of the visit?
9. Why is Dalleson and not Cummings recognized for the successful end of the campaign?
10. What are Croft's feelings aboutHearn joining the platoon?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)