|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the soldiers keep the toilet paper dry?
(a) It is kept in their tents.
(b) It is kept in a hard plastic container.
(c) It is kept in a tin can.
(d) It is kept in a plastic bag.
2. How does Wilson think he will benefit from the gun shot in the stomach?
(a) He will be sent home.
(b) He will receive a medal of honor.
(c) It will relieve the pus from his venereal disease.
(d) He will be put out of his misery.
3. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
4. What background does Ridges have that leads him to enjoy physical work?
(a) Factory work.
5. What was wrong with the reports Cummings received about the Japanese bivouac?
(a) The reports were conflicting.
(b) Cummings did not have enough men available to investigate.
(c) It was not deserted.
(d) There were no coordinates.
6. After Wilson dies, how does Ridges feel regarding God?
7. In Part 3, Chapter 11, who is responsible for the battle that kills General Toyaku?
8. As the campaign continues, Cummings pessimism grows. But as he reviews the progress of troops, he sees that have have advanced. How does Cummings feel about these advances the troops have made?
9. The soldiers are tired and their health is beginning to fail, additionally recent events have dulled the man's spirits, however Croft does not seem to care. How do the soldiers feel about Crofts' decision to continue through the pass, given recent events?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 7, Hearn is seeking Martinez's advice on what the troops should do. What does Hearn decide to do with the troops?
(a) Continue toward the mountian.
(b) Give them leave.
(c) Give control to Croft.
(d) Turn back.
11. How is the leader of the patrol through pass killed?
(a) Bullet in the Chest.
(b) Fell off the mountian.
(d) Killed by Croft.
12. In Part 3, Chapter 14, which soldier is Goldstein happy to have befriended?
13. What is Croft's intention in telling Hearn there are no Japanese guarding the pass and in sending him and a group of men to patrol?
(a) Croft would be seen as a hero.
(b) Hearn would give up command.
(c) Hearn would be killed.
(d) Hearn would begin to trust Croft.
14. As he is being carried through the jungle to the beach, Wilson dies. What do the men carrying Wilson do after he dies?
(a) Bury him.
(b) Continue to carry him to the beach.
(c) Send him down the river.
(d) Leave him.
15. After failing out of college, what profession did Brown take up?
(c) The family business.
(d) Factory work.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the troop continues up the mountain, the weight of the backpacks weighs them down, making it more difficult to hike. What does Wyman do to try to lighten his pack?
2. How long does Cummings suspect it will take for men to breach the Toyaku Line?
3. How does Dalleson feel about being chief of operations?
4. What do the men feel as they look back at the mountain?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 11, what does Cummings do when he gets the destroyer?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)