|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dalleson's aspirations for his career?
(a) Retire from the Army.
(b) Become a Captain.
(c) Return home and become a teacher.
(d) Become a Major.
2. As Martinez becomes weaker and more tired due to the journey up the mountain, he begins having hallucinations. In these hallucinations, Martinez sees the face of the dead Japanese guard. What effect does this vision have on him?
(a) He is vomiting.
(b) He is going insane.
(c) He is becoming restless.
(d) He can't sleep.
3. What does Hearn suggest when the men reach the open field?
(a) They rest for the night.
(b) That Croft leads the men.
(c) They split up into two groups.
(d) They continue marching.
4. What does Hearn think of Wilson's injury?
(a) Hearn is glad it was not him.
(b) It has spoiled the mission.
(c) It is not too bad.
(d) Wilson will get more attention.
5. What is the name of the mountain Croft is determined to climb?
(a) Mount Anaka.
(b) Mount Toykau.
(c) Mount Motome.
(d) Mount Anopopei.
6. Cummings was the commander of the entire island, however, his part in the actual campaign is questionable. What is Cummings responsibility to the success of the attack compared to?
(a) The intelligence of a great man.
(b) A man pressing a button for an elevator.
(c) An attack dog catching it prey.
(d) A baby bird learning to fly.
7. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
8. After Wilson dies, how does Ridges feel regarding God?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 4, how long did the men run before realizing that one of their men is not with them?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 2, how many miles does Hearn want to travel before dark?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
11. In Part 3, Chapter 14, which soldier is Goldstein happy to have befriended?
12. During a flashback of Cummings, the reader learns that he enjoyed sewing and sketching as a child, however his father did not approve. What was his father's action upon learning Cummings was partaking in womanly activities?
(a) He was forbidden to continue the activites.
(b) He was sent to military school.
(c) His father took him to work at his factory.
(d) His father did nothing.
13. In Part 3, Chapter 14, why is the captain of the boat upset?
(a) Not all the men survived.
(b) The weather is poor.
(c) The men are spitting on the deck.
(d) The campaign is over.
14. What does Croft do when Roth finds the injured bird?
(a) Makes fun of Roth for caring for it.
(b) Cares for it.
(c) Let's it go.
(d) Kills it.
15. Roth thinks about how how angry he is at Croft and feels he would do a better job as a leader and would be nicer to his men. Unconsciously he thinks about his own past actions and hopes they do not bring him bad luck. What negative actions does Roth fear might bring him bad luck?
(a) Thinking negatively.
(b) How he treats his wife.
(c) Seeing the dead.
(d) His behavior as a debt collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hearn's realization that the men he leads will blame him for their problems and dislike him causes what emotion?
2. How does Dalleson feel about being chief of operations?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 11, who is responsible for the battle that kills General Toyaku?
4. What does Cummings believe is the way to power?
5. What was wrong with the reports Cummings received about the Japanese bivouac?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)