Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 14, why is the captain of the boat upset?
(a) The campaign is over.
(b) The men are spitting on the deck.
(c) The weather is poor.
(d) Not all the men survived.
2. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
3. At this point the soldiers have turned around and are making their way back to the beach. What is the general feeling of the soldiers toward Croft?
4. How do the soldiers keep the toilet paper dry?
(a) It is kept in a plastic bag.
(b) It is kept in a tin can.
(c) It is kept in their tents.
(d) It is kept in a hard plastic container.
5. What was wrong with the reports Cummings received about the Japanese bivouac?
(a) There were no coordinates.
(b) Cummings did not have enough men available to investigate.
(c) The reports were conflicting.
(d) It was not deserted.
6. In Part 3, Chapter 4, why does Hearn think the men resist his leadership?
(a) They think he is worthless.
(b) They fear Croft.
(c) They like Croft as their leader.
(d) They do not know him.
7. In Part 3, Chapter 14, which soldier is Goldstein happy to have befriended?
8. The men continue up the mountain based on the information provided by Martinez, what do the men assume about the mountain pass?
(a) Martinez has killed all the Japanese soldiers.
(b) There are Japanese soldiers.
(c) There are no Japanese soldiers.
(d) There is no way through.
9. In Part 2, Chapter 13, after further conflict with Hearn, what does Cummings decide to do?
(a) Have Hearn lead a reconnaissance patrol.
(b) Have Hearn court-martialed.
(c) Have Hearn demoted.
(d) Have Hearn transferred again.
10. What does Ridges do that causes him to becomes emotional?
(a) Refuses to continue.
(b) Fights with Gallagher.
(c) Puts Wilson out of his misery.
(d) Tries to save Wilson's soul.
11. After crossing the open field, who is missing?
12. In Part 3, Chapter 5, at night Wilson is very vocal. How does Brown try to keep him quiet?
(a) Massages his head.
(b) Gives his whiskey.
(c) Gives him pain killers.
(d) Reads him letters from home.
13. What does Minetta fantasize about?
(a) Being home.
(b) Blowing off his foot.
(c) Killing Croft.
14. Cummings often thinks about how the campaign might go wrong which causes him frustration. In addition to writing in his journal, how else does Cummings release his tensions?
(a) Disciplining the men.
(b) Writing in his journal.
(d) Firing a cannon.
15. As the soldier's carry Wilson to the beach, his continually complains that he is thirsty. However the men say he can not drink any water with his injury. What is the explanation they give Wilson for not being allowed any water?
(a) He can drink the rain water.
(b) They left the water behind.
(c) With a stomach injury, it will kill him.
(d) The men carrying him need it more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cummings believe is the way to power?
2. What does Hearn think of Wilson's injury?
3. What does Martinez hope to gain by remaining loyal to the Army?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 2, how many miles does Hearn want to travel before dark?
5. Croft's anger with the men increases as they begin to slow down and hold up the mission. Which soldier, in particular, frequently falls and holds up the others?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)