|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men feel as they look back at the mountain?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 11, who is responsible for the battle that kills General Toyaku?
3. After failing out of college, what profession did Brown take up?
(a) Factory work.
(d) The family business.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 8, how many men began the journey up the mountain?
5. The groups of men carrying Wilson back to the beach are beginning to have a difficult time. They are tired and running out of water, additionally they are beginning to fight, who suggests the men leave Wilson behind?
6. How long does Cummings suspect it will take for men to breach the Toyaku Line?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. What does Croft do when Roth finds the injured bird?
(a) Cares for it.
(b) Let's it go.
(c) Makes fun of Roth for caring for it.
(d) Kills it.
8. In Part 3, Chapter 2, why does Hearn allow Croft to take control?
(a) Croft has more experience.
(b) Hearn is tired.
(c) Croft knows the men better.
(d) Hearn is not confident in himself.
9. The men continue up the mountain based on the information provided by Martinez, what do the men assume about the mountain pass?
(a) Martinez has killed all the Japanese soldiers.
(b) There are Japanese soldiers.
(c) There are no Japanese soldiers.
(d) There is no way through.
10. How does Wilson think he will benefit from the gun shot in the stomach?
(a) He will be sent home.
(b) It will relieve the pus from his venereal disease.
(c) He will be put out of his misery.
(d) He will receive a medal of honor.
11. The men have almost reached the summit and Croft is the only one who wants to continue to the top. What causes the men to turn back down in the mountain?
(a) They defy Croft.
(b) Croft is killed.
(c) They receive word that the campaign is over.
(d) They are attacked by hornets.
12. In Part 3, Chapter 11, what does Cummings do when he gets the destroyer?
(a) Takes Japanese soldiers prisoner.
(b) Destroys the Japanese ships.
(c) Destroys the road.
(d) Shells the beach.
13. In Part 3, Chapter 11, how does Dalleson think the battle ended?
(a) A lack of food and water.
(b) With his efforts.
(c) With the hike up the mountian.
(d) With the destroyer.
14. During Brown's flashback, what does he dream of studying in college?
(c) Chemical engineering.
(d) Aeronautical engineering.
15. What does Ridges do that causes him to becomes emotional?
(a) Fights with Gallagher.
(b) Puts Wilson out of his misery.
(c) Tries to save Wilson's soul.
(d) Refuses to continue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
2. What is Dalleson's aspirations for his career?
3. After firing a cannon to relieve some tension, Cummings returns to his tent feeling very good. He finds his journal which he keeps locked and begins to write, by the time he has finished his entry, how does Cummings feel about his words?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 13, who tries to bribe Martinez to defy Croft?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Hearn decide cannot be trusted?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)