|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 11, who is responsible for the battle that kills General Toyaku?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does Red feel he needs from the other men?
3. What was wrong with the reports Cummings received about the Japanese bivouac?
(a) It was not deserted.
(b) Cummings did not have enough men available to investigate.
(c) There were no coordinates.
(d) The reports were conflicting.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 9, how far could the men carrying Wilson go before having to take a break?
(a) 25 yards.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 50 yards.
(d) 10 feet.
5. After Wilson dies, how does Ridges feel regarding God?
6. When Martinez returns from checking the mountain pass, he is deceptive to some of the other men. Who is Martinez hoping to impress by his actions during his mission?
7. How long does Cummings suspect it will take for men to breach the Toyaku Line?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 2 days.
8. The men have crossed the four-foot gap in the mountain side and have witnessed Roth fall as he tried to jump it. Who does Gallagher eventually blame for Roth's death?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 1, why does Hearn feel he will have a difficult time with Croft?
(a) Croft does not like anyone.
(b) Croft is Hearn's superior.
(c) Hearn is his superior.
(d) Croft is friends with Cummings.
10. How does Wilson think he will benefit from the gun shot in the stomach?
(a) It will relieve the pus from his venereal disease.
(b) He will receive a medal of honor.
(c) He will be put out of his misery.
(d) He will be sent home.
11. At this point the soldiers have turned around and are making their way back to the beach. What is the general feeling of the soldiers toward Croft?
12. What happens when the troop begins crossing the field?
(a) Croft disappears.
(c) The Japanese attack.
(d) The men fght with each other.
13. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
14. In Part 3, Chapter 14, which soldier is Goldstein happy to have befriended?
15. In Part 3, Chapter 7, Hearn is seeking Martinez's advice on what the troops should do. What does Hearn decide to do with the troops?
(a) Give control to Croft.
(b) Continue toward the mountian.
(c) Give them leave.
(d) Turn back.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 11, how does Dalleson think the battle ended?
2. Which soldier states he will re-enlist?
3. Cummings often thinks about how the campaign might go wrong which causes him frustration. In addition to writing in his journal, how else does Cummings release his tensions?
4. Which soldier carrying Wilson pretends to faint?
5. How is the leader of the patrol through pass killed?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)