|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilson tells the men he has another woman in Kansas. What is his reason for liking her more than his own wife?
(a) She keeps the house clean.
(b) She is a better cook.
(c) She is better in bed.
(d) She is wealthy.
2. What is Red's strategy for dealing with his current situation of being at war?
(a) Take it one day at a time.
(b) Think positively.
(c) Seek guidance from a superior.
(d) Rely on the support of the platoon.
3. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
4. Why does Martinez refuse to be in charge of other men?
(a) He thinks they will not listen to him because he is Mexican.
(b) He thinks it will be too much pressure.
(c) He is afraid of the responsibility.
(d) He feels he does not have the training to lead others.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 9, who delivers the bad news to Gallagher?
(b) The chaplain.
(d) The mail clerks.
6. Hearn has a number of undesirable characteristics. What is one of them mentioned in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) He is conceited.
(b) He has poor hygiene.
(c) He likes to sees others humiliated.
(d) He complains about everything.
7. What is the relationship between Cummings and Hearn like?
8. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
(a) It is Army law.
(b) He treats everyone unfairly.
(c) They deserve it.
(d) They will fight better.
9. As Gallagher thinks about the past, why is he upset about the post office job?
(a) He was called to war before he could start work.
(b) A Jewish alderman's nephew got the job.
(c) He was fired from the job.
(d) He did not pass the employment test.
10. What subject did Roth study in college?
11. Who is the only man to feel sorry about Hennessey's death?
12. What profession does the reader learn Hearn wanted to enter into after graduation?
(b) The family business.
13. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
(a) 1800 hours
(b) 2200 hours
(c) 0400 hours.
(d) 0300 hours.
14. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
15. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The officers.
(d) The meteorological corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
2. How does Wilson control his wife?
3. What seems to be happening to Cumming's control in Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Wakara feel around the other men?
5. What events led to Croft joining the Army?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)