|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley hope to gain by befriending Brown?
(c) A job.
(d) Extra time off.
2. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
(a) 2200 hours
(b) 0400 hours.
(c) 1800 hours
(d) 0300 hours.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what bad news does Gallagher receive?
(a) His wife has died.
(b) His parents have died.
(c) His child has died.
(d) His brother has died.
4. What natural landmark is on the island?
(b) Mountain range
5. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 12, why does Red decide to go to the hospital?
(a) He has been experiencing kidney pain.
(b) He has chronic headaches.
(c) To get out of fighting.
(d) He is shot in the leg.
7. Wilson had a flashback to his life before the war. During this flashback the reader learns the Wilson admires his father for what reason?
(a) He loves his wife.
(b) He is a sucessful businessman.
(c) He is an honorable man.
(d) The amount of liquor he can drink.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
(a) Having dry clothes.
(b) Being an officer.
(c) Being born in a poor family.
(d) Fighting with others.
9. What is the relationship between Cummings and Hearn like?
10. When fresh food arrives, how does Cummings divided it between the 180 soldiers and 38 officers?
(a) Three quarters for the soldiers and one quarter for the officers.
(b) Half for the soldiers and half for the officers.
(c) Officers eat first then the soldiers have the leftovers.
(d) First come, first serve.
11. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(b) National Guard.
(c) Air Force.
12. How many letters does the dead soldier Hennessey receive?
13. In Part 2, Chapter 5, as Roth thinks about his wife, what can the reader guess about her feelings toward him?
(a) She thinks he is sucessful.
(b) She loves Roth.
(c) She wishes to have children.
(d) She thinks he worthless.
14. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
(a) Shoots him right away.
(b) Lets him go.
(c) Takes him prisoner.
(d) Ties him up.
15. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 2, who does Mantelli send to Croft's platoon?
2. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
3. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
4. Who is the only man to feel sorry about Hennessey's death?
5. In Martinez's flashback in Part 2, Chapter 2, what did he dream of becoming?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)