|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Minetta is injured and taken to the hospital, what does he do to delay going back to combat?
(a) Gets into a fight hoping he will be court martialed.
(b) Sneaks out of the hospital.
(c) Claims he is ill.
(d) Fakes being mentally ill.
2. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
3. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
4. Hearn has a flashback about his childhood. How is his mother described during this flashback?
(c) An angel.
5. How does Minetta think the injured are treated?
(a) With speical treatment.
(b) With compassion.
(d) Like dogs.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
7. Which character is noticeably more nervous then the others?
8. What natural landmark is on the island?
(d) Mountain range
9. In Part 2, Chapter 10, who does Gallagher realize is the only person who understands him?
(a) His wife.
(d) His mother.
10. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
(c) Factory work.
11. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
12. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how is the life of these soldiers described?
(a) Hanging in the balance.
13. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who finds the illicit whiskey?
14. Who is the only man to feel sorry about Hennessey's death?
15. Who is Major Dalleson's assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Gallagher thinks about the past, why is he upset about the post office job?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character is upset that the officers have a higher standard of living than the soldiers?
3. As the book opens, which solider is not taking the card game seriously and offers to give back some of his winnings?
4. During Part 2, Chapter 8, what are most of the soldiers doing?
5. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)