|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who finds the illicit whiskey?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
3. As the weather turns for the worse and the tents are being blown away, what is the general mood of the men?
4. What natural landmark is on the island?
(d) Mountain range
5. What is the relationship between Cummings and Hearn like?
6. What do the troops take from the dead Japanese major?
(a) His guns.
(c) Maps of the island.
(d) A diary.
7. By Part 2, Chapter 2, why has Croft become frustrated on the island?
(a) He feels his platoon needs more men.
(b) He feels his platoon is only on labor duties.
(c) He feels his platoon is fighting too much.
(d) He feels his platoon does not have enough dry clothes.
8. How does Brown feel about being a sergeant?
9. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
(a) Not enough air support.
(b) Fights with other men.
(c) Not enough time to prepare.
(d) Too complicated of an operation.
10. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, what is Roth dreaming of when Minetta woke him up?
(b) His wife.
11. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
12. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
13. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
14. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
(c) Factory work.
15. In Part 2, Chapter 2, who does Mantelli send to Croft's platoon?
(c) Glodstein .
Short Answer Questions
1. What events led to Croft joining the Army?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
3. After Minetta is injured and taken to the hospital, what does he do to delay going back to combat?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 9, who delivers the bad news to Gallagher?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)