|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One evening Brown and Stanley are in their bunks talking. What topic are they discussing?
2. In what body of water is the island of Anopopei located?
(a) Sea of Japan.
(b) Pacific Ocean.
(c) East China Sea.
(d) Philippine Sea.
3. As the book opens, which solider is not taking the card game seriously and offers to give back some of his winnings?
4. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
(a) 0300 hours.
(b) 1800 hours
(c) 0400 hours.
(d) 2200 hours
5. What is the General's worst fear about the island?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) The openness of the beach.
(c) The jungle.
(d) Bad weather.
6. Hearn has a number of undesirable characteristics. What is one of them mentioned in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) He is conceited.
(b) He complains about everything.
(c) He likes to sees others humiliated.
(d) He has poor hygiene.
7. The men were taking a break and relaxing on the beach, as the men are talking, Croft becomes angry and fires a shot into the woods, what happens next that creates fear and panic?
(a) Japanese open fire.
(b) Fighting among the men.
(c) An air strike.
(d) A storm.
8. What ulterior motive does Cummings have for his relationship with Hearn?
9. What natural landmark is on the island?
(c) Mountain range
10. During Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Wilson daydream of doing on the island?
(b) Selling fruit.
(c) Manufacturing liquor.
11. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
12. How big is the island?
(a) 50 miles long and 100 miles wide.
(b) 50 miles long and 150 miles wide.
(c) 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.
(d) 100 miles long and 50 miles wide.
13. How does Minetta think the injured are treated?
(a) With compassion.
(b) With speical treatment.
(c) Like dogs.
14. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, who throws the grenade at the Japanese soldiers?
15. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
(a) It is Army law.
(b) They will fight better.
(c) They deserve it.
(d) He treats everyone unfairly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does the reader learn Hearn wanted to enter into after graduation?
2. Who is the only man to feel sorry about Hennessey's death?
3. After Minetta is injured and taken to the hospital, what does he do to delay going back to combat?
4. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
5. During Gallagher's flashback, what organization does the reader learn he joined as a teenager?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)