|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
2. Where do the men gather to keep dry during the storm?
(a) In the mess hall.
(b) Under trees.
(c) In their tents.
(d) Between the trucks.
3. What is Wilson's reason for not telling the woman in Kansas about his wife?
(a) He does not want to commit.
(b) He does not really want to be with her.
(c) He does not want to get divorced.
(d) She may know his wife.
4. When fresh food arrives, how does Cummings divided it between the 180 soldiers and 38 officers?
(a) First come, first serve.
(b) Half for the soldiers and half for the officers.
(c) Officers eat first then the soldiers have the leftovers.
(d) Three quarters for the soldiers and one quarter for the officers.
5. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
6. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
(a) Ties him up.
(b) Shoots him right away.
(c) Takes him prisoner.
(d) Lets him go.
7. What ulterior motive does Cummings have for his relationship with Hearn?
8. In what body of water is the island of Anopopei located?
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) East China Sea.
(c) Sea of Japan.
(d) Philippine Sea.
9. In Part 2, Chapter 9, who delivers the bad news to Gallagher?
(a) The chaplain.
(b) The mail clerks.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
(a) He is a good soldier.
(b) He is a traitor.
(c) He is not much help.
(d) He is very useful.
11. Who does Stanley begin to lose respect for after his promotion?
12. In Part 2, Chapter 12, why does Red decide to go to the hospital?
(a) He is shot in the leg.
(b) He has been experiencing kidney pain.
(c) He has chronic headaches.
(d) To get out of fighting.
13. As Gallagher thinks about the past, why is he upset about the post office job?
(a) He was called to war before he could start work.
(b) A Jewish alderman's nephew got the job.
(c) He did not pass the employment test.
(d) He was fired from the job.
14. As the weather turns for the worse and the tents are being blown away, what is the general mood of the men?
15. What is the General's worst fear about the island?
(a) The openness of the beach.
(b) Lack of food.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) The jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
2. During the first days of the troops being on the island, how have the Japanese resistance reacted?
3. Who is Major Dalleson's assistant?
4. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
5. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, some of the men are playing poker. Which card player wins 100 Australian pounds?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)