Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
2. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
(a) Not enough time to prepare.
(b) Not enough air support.
(c) Too complicated of an operation.
(d) Fights with other men.
3. What does Hearn request of Cummings in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(b) A chance to fight.
(c) A transfer.
(d) Permission to have some liquor.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Wakara feel around the other men?
5. During Gallagher's flashback, what organization does the reader learn he joined as a teenager?
(a) The Young Republicans.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) Jehovah Witness.
(d) Christians United.
6. How does the commanding officer describe Anopopei?
(a) Like hell.
(b) Like a kidney bean.
(c) Like paradise.
(d) Like an ocarina.
7. Leach offers a number of excuses why he can not take a picture of Dalleson. Which of the following is not one of his excuses?
(a) The shutter speed is not fast enough.
(b) The lighting is off.
(c) The lens angle is not right.
(d) He has little film.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
9. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. The men were taking a break and relaxing on the beach, as the men are talking, Croft becomes angry and fires a shot into the woods, what happens next that creates fear and panic?
(a) A storm.
(b) Japanese open fire.
(c) An air strike.
(d) Fighting among the men.
11. During the first days of the troops being on the island, how have the Japanese resistance reacted?
(a) Full-force attacks.
(b) Half-hearted attacks.
(d) There has been no sign of the Japanese.
12. Why does Martinez refuse to be in charge of other men?
(a) He is afraid of the responsibility.
(b) He feels he does not have the training to lead others.
(c) He thinks it will be too much pressure.
(d) He thinks they will not listen to him because he is Mexican.
13. How big is the island?
(a) 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.
(b) 50 miles long and 100 miles wide.
(c) 100 miles long and 50 miles wide.
(d) 50 miles long and 150 miles wide.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
(a) Being born in a poor family.
(b) Fighting with others.
(c) Having dry clothes.
(d) Being an officer.
15. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is said to be a loner?
2. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
3. What does Cummings state he will do to anyone who retreats from the Japanese?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
5. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, what is Roth dreaming of when Minetta woke him up?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)