|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilson tells the men he has another woman in Kansas. What is his reason for liking her more than his own wife?
(a) She is a better cook.
(b) She is wealthy.
(c) She is better in bed.
(d) She keeps the house clean.
2. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
(a) The meteorological corps.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The officers.
3. How does the commanding officer describe Anopopei?
(a) Like paradise.
(b) Like a kidney bean.
(c) Like hell.
(d) Like an ocarina.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
5. Leach offers a number of excuses why he can not take a picture of Dalleson. Which of the following is not one of his excuses?
(a) The shutter speed is not fast enough.
(b) The lens angle is not right.
(c) He has little film.
(d) The lighting is off.
6. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
(b) Factory work.
7. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
8. What has Stanley's promotion to corporal done for him?
(a) He is more confident.
(b) He is more arrogant.
(c) He is more responsible.
(d) He is more afraid.
9. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
(a) He is college educated.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He is new.
(d) The others know he is a better soldier.
10. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
11. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
12. In what body of water is the island of Anopopei located?
(a) Sea of Japan.
(b) Pacific Ocean.
(c) East China Sea.
(d) Philippine Sea.
13. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, who throws the grenade at the Japanese soldiers?
14. In Part 2, Chapter 9, who delivers the bad news to Gallagher?
(a) The chaplain.
(b) The mail clerks.
15. What profession does the reader learn Hearn wanted to enter into after graduation?
(c) The family business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hearn request of Cummings in Part 2, Chapter 11?
2. When fresh food arrives, how does Cummings divided it between the 180 soldiers and 38 officers?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who finds the illicit whiskey?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
5. How does Brown feel about being a sergeant?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)