|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural landmark is on the island?
(c) Mountain range
2. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
3. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, what is Roth dreaming of when Minetta woke him up?
(a) His wife.
4. When fresh food arrives, how does Cummings divided it between the 180 soldiers and 38 officers?
(a) Half for the soldiers and half for the officers.
(b) Officers eat first then the soldiers have the leftovers.
(c) Three quarters for the soldiers and one quarter for the officers.
(d) First come, first serve.
5. Hearn has a flashback about his childhood. How is his mother described during this flashback?
(b) An angel.
6. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, who throws the grenade at the Japanese soldiers?
7. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
(b) Factory work.
8. During Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Wilson daydream of doing on the island?
(a) Selling fruit.
(d) Manufacturing liquor.
9. How big is the island?
(a) 50 miles long and 150 miles wide.
(b) 50 miles long and 100 miles wide.
(c) 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.
(d) 100 miles long and 50 miles wide.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
(a) He is not much help.
(b) He is a traitor.
(c) He is very useful.
(d) He is a good soldier.
11. Who is Major Dalleson's assistant?
12. During Part 2, Chapter 8, what are most of the soldiers doing?
(a) Fighting the Japanese.
(b) Reparing their tents.
(c) Building a road.
(d) Relaxing on the beach.
13. What have the soliders been doing in the five weeks they have been on the island?
(a) Waiting for the Japanese.
(b) Building a road.
14. What has Stanley's promotion to corporal done for him?
(a) He is more afraid.
(b) He is more responsible.
(c) He is more arrogant.
(d) He is more confident.
15. How does Brown feel about being a sergeant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only man to feel sorry about Hennessey's death?
2. During Gallagher's flashback, what organization does the reader learn he joined as a teenager?
3. What is the name of the island this platoon invaded before reaching Anopopei?
4. Leach offers a number of excuses why he can not take a picture of Dalleson. Which of the following is not one of his excuses?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, as Roth thinks about his wife, what can the reader guess about her feelings toward him?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)