|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wilson control his wife?
(a) By threatening her.
(b) By working things out with her.
(c) By hitting her.
(d) By taking her money away.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 12, why does Red decide to go to the hospital?
(a) He has been experiencing kidney pain.
(b) He has chronic headaches.
(c) He is shot in the leg.
(d) To get out of fighting.
3. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
(a) 0300 hours.
(b) 2200 hours
(c) 1800 hours
(d) 0400 hours.
4. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(a) Air Force.
(d) National Guard.
5. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
(a) They deserve it.
(b) He treats everyone unfairly.
(c) It is Army law.
(d) They will fight better.
6. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
(d) Factory work.
7. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, what is Roth dreaming of when Minetta woke him up?
(a) His wife.
8. What ulterior motive does Cummings have for his relationship with Hearn?
9. During Gallagher's flashback, what organization does the reader learn he joined as a teenager?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) Jehovah Witness.
(c) The Young Republicans.
(d) Christians United.
10. What does Cummings state he will do to anyone who retreats from the Japanese?
(a) Court-martial them.
(b) Place them on kitchen duty.
(c) Send them to the stockade.
(d) Revoke their medals of honor,
11. What is the name of the island this platoon invaded before reaching Anopopei?
12. What subject did Roth study in college?
13. Wilson had a flashback to his life before the war. During this flashback the reader learns the Wilson admires his father for what reason?
(a) He is an honorable man.
(b) He loves his wife.
(c) The amount of liquor he can drink.
(d) He is a sucessful businessman.
14. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
(a) Shoots him right away.
(b) Takes him prisoner.
(c) Lets him go.
(d) Ties him up.
15. In Martinez's flashback in Part 2, Chapter 2, what did he dream of becoming?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
2. One evening Brown and Stanley are in their bunks talking. What topic are they discussing?
3. Where do the men gather to keep dry during the storm?
4. As Gallagher thinks about the past, why is he upset about the post office job?
5. After Minetta is injured and taken to the hospital, what does he do to delay going back to combat?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)