|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
(a) Ties him up.
(b) Takes him prisoner.
(c) Lets him go.
(d) Shoots him right away.
2. Which character is noticeably more nervous then the others?
3. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
4. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
5. What does Stanley hope to gain by befriending Brown?
(c) Extra time off.
(d) A job.
6. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(a) National Guard.
(b) Air Force.
7. What is Red's strategy for dealing with his current situation of being at war?
(a) Think positively.
(b) Rely on the support of the platoon.
(c) Take it one day at a time.
(d) Seek guidance from a superior.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
9. Hearn has a number of undesirable characteristics. What is one of them mentioned in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) He has poor hygiene.
(b) He likes to sees others humiliated.
(c) He complains about everything.
(d) He is conceited.
10. Why does Martinez refuse to be in charge of other men?
(a) He thinks they will not listen to him because he is Mexican.
(b) He is afraid of the responsibility.
(c) He feels he does not have the training to lead others.
(d) He thinks it will be too much pressure.
11. In Part 1, Chapter 2, what does Croft think about himself?
(a) He is unworthy.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is a good soldier.
(d) He is omnipotent.
12. How does Brown's feelings about women affect Stanley?
(a) He feels they are only good for sex.
(b) He feels undeserving of his wife.
(c) He feels his wife may cheat on him.
(d) He feels more in love with his wife.
13. What does Cummings feel is the nature of a woman?
(a) To provide a home.
(b) To bear children.
(c) To cheat.
(d) To love.
14. How big is the island?
(a) 50 miles long and 100 miles wide.
(b) 100 miles long and 50 miles wide.
(c) 50 miles long and 150 miles wide.
(d) 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.
15. How many letters does the dead soldier Hennessey receive?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Conn complaining about in the officer's mess hall?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 2, who does Mantelli send to Croft's platoon?
3. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
5. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)