|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Part 2, Chapter 8, what are most of the soldiers doing?
(a) Reparing their tents.
(b) Fighting the Japanese.
(c) Building a road.
(d) Relaxing on the beach.
2. Wilson had a flashback to his life before the war. During this flashback the reader learns the Wilson admires his father for what reason?
(a) He is a sucessful businessman.
(b) He is an honorable man.
(c) The amount of liquor he can drink.
(d) He loves his wife.
3. What is the relationship between Cummings and Hearn like?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 2, who does Mantelli send to Croft's platoon?
(d) Glodstein .
5. What is the name of the island this platoon invaded before reaching Anopopei?
6. Wilson tells the men he has another woman in Kansas. What is his reason for liking her more than his own wife?
(a) She is a better cook.
(b) She is better in bed.
(c) She is wealthy.
(d) She keeps the house clean.
7. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is new.
(c) The others know he is a better soldier.
(d) He is college educated.
8. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
(a) He is saving a friend.
(b) The hole is bombed.
(c) He wants to attack the Japanese.
(d) He soils his pants.
9. By Part 2, Chapter 2, why has Croft become frustrated on the island?
(a) He feels his platoon is only on labor duties.
(b) He feels his platoon is fighting too much.
(c) He feels his platoon needs more men.
(d) He feels his platoon does not have enough dry clothes.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 10, who does Gallagher realize is the only person who understands him?
(b) His wife.
(d) His mother.
11. What does Hearn request of Cummings in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) A chance to fight.
(b) Permission to have some liquor.
(c) A transfer.
12. What ulterior motive does Cummings have for his relationship with Hearn?
13. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
(a) They deserve it.
(b) It is Army law.
(c) They will fight better.
(d) He treats everyone unfairly.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what bad news does Gallagher receive?
(a) His wife has died.
(b) His child has died.
(c) His parents have died.
(d) His brother has died.
15. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who finds the illicit whiskey?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
5. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)