|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Who is Major Dalleson's assistant?
3. During Part 2, Chapter 8, what are most of the soldiers doing?
(a) Building a road.
(b) Relaxing on the beach.
(c) Fighting the Japanese.
(d) Reparing their tents.
4. Who is the only man to feel sorry about Hennessey's death?
5. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
(a) Not enough air support.
(b) Too complicated of an operation.
(c) Fights with other men.
(d) Not enough time to prepare.
6. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
7. Why does Martinez refuse to be in charge of other men?
(a) He thinks it will be too much pressure.
(b) He feels he does not have the training to lead others.
(c) He is afraid of the responsibility.
(d) He thinks they will not listen to him because he is Mexican.
8. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
(a) He is a good soldier.
(b) He is not much help.
(c) He is very useful.
(d) He is a traitor.
10. As the book opens, which solider is not taking the card game seriously and offers to give back some of his winnings?
11. The men were taking a break and relaxing on the beach, as the men are talking, Croft becomes angry and fires a shot into the woods, what happens next that creates fear and panic?
(a) A storm.
(b) Japanese open fire.
(c) An air strike.
(d) Fighting among the men.
12. What is the General's worst fear about the island?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) The openness of the beach.
(c) The jungle.
(d) Bad weather.
13. After Minetta is injured and taken to the hospital, what does he do to delay going back to combat?
(a) Fakes being mentally ill.
(b) Gets into a fight hoping he will be court martialed.
(c) Sneaks out of the hospital.
(d) Claims he is ill.
14. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
(a) Lets him go.
(b) Shoots him right away.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Takes him prisoner.
15. In Part 2, Chapter 9, who delivers the bad news to Gallagher?
(a) The mail clerks.
(d) The chaplain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
2. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, some of the men are playing poker. Which card player wins 100 Australian pounds?
3. What seems to be happening to Cumming's control in Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. Where do the men gather to keep dry during the storm?
5. What is the name of the island this platoon invaded before reaching Anopopei?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)