1. In what body of water is the island of Anopopei located?
2. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, some of the men are playing poker. Which card player wins 100 Australian pounds?
3. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. During Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Wilson daydream of doing on the island?
5. What is the name of the island this platoon invaded before reaching Anopopei?
6. As the book opens, which solider is not taking the card game seriously and offers to give back some of his winnings?
7. Which character is said to be a loner?
8. One evening Brown and Stanley are in their bunks talking. What topic are they discussing?
This section contains 5,017 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)