|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. What does Hearn suggest when the men reach the open field?
(a) That Croft leads the men.
(b) They continue marching.
(c) They rest for the night.
(d) They split up into two groups.
3. What natural landmark is on the island?
(c) Mountain range
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, as Roth thinks about his wife, what can the reader guess about her feelings toward him?
(a) She thinks he worthless.
(b) She wishes to have children.
(c) She loves Roth.
(d) She thinks he is sucessful.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 14, why is the captain of the boat upset?
(a) Not all the men survived.
(b) The weather is poor.
(c) The men are spitting on the deck.
(d) The campaign is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ulterior motive does Cummings have for his relationship with Hearn?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does Red feel he needs from the other men?
3. What does Minetta fantasize about?
4. What reason does Minetta give for Goldstein feeling sorry about a man who died in the hospital?
5. During Part 3, Chapter 2, what is one thing Hearn realizes he must rely on Croft for?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)