|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 12, why does Red decide to go to the hospital?
(a) He is shot in the leg.
(b) He has been experiencing kidney pain.
(c) To get out of fighting.
(d) He has chronic headaches.
2. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
3. Which soldier states he will re-enlist?
4. As the book opens, which solider is not taking the card game seriously and offers to give back some of his winnings?
5. What is Croft's intention in telling Hearn there are no Japanese guarding the pass and in sending him and a group of men to patrol?
(a) Croft would be seen as a hero.
(b) Hearn would begin to trust Croft.
(c) Hearn would be killed.
(d) Hearn would give up command.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 14, why is the captain of the boat upset?
2. One night on the mountain, Martinez expresses his wish for a chaplain. At this, Polack tells the men his opinion of religion. How does Polack feel about religion?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character is upset that the officers have a higher standard of living than the soldiers?
4. Hearn has a flashback about his childhood. How is his mother described during this flashback?
5. The men have crossed the four-foot gap in the mountain side and have witnessed Roth fall as he tried to jump it. Who does Gallagher eventually blame for Roth's death?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)