|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cummings feel is the nature of a woman?
(a) To love.
(b) To bear children.
(c) To provide a home.
(d) To cheat.
2. What is Wilson's reason for not telling the woman in Kansas about his wife?
(a) He does not really want to be with her.
(b) He does not want to commit.
(c) She may know his wife.
(d) He does not want to get divorced.
3. What does Red do when Hearn offers him the rank of corporal?
(a) He is happily accepts it.
(b) He rejects it.
(c) He thinks it is a ploy.
(d) His is afraid of the responsibility.
4. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
(a) 1800 hours
(b) 2200 hours
(c) 0300 hours.
(d) 0400 hours.
5. Cummings was the commander of the entire island, however, his part in the actual campaign is questionable. What is Cummings responsibility to the success of the attack compared to?
(a) A baby bird learning to fly.
(b) The intelligence of a great man.
(c) An attack dog catching it prey.
(d) A man pressing a button for an elevator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 13, who tries to bribe Martinez to defy Croft?
2. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
3. Which character is noticeably more nervous then the others?
4. What happens when the troop begins crossing the field?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)