|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
(a) The others know he is a better soldier.
(b) He is college educated.
(c) He is new.
(d) He is Jewish.
2. During Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Wilson daydream of doing on the island?
(a) Selling fruit.
(d) Manufacturing liquor.
3. What is the General's worst fear about the island?
(a) The jungle.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) The openness of the beach.
4. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. One night on the mountain, Martinez expresses his wish for a chaplain. At this, Polack tells the men his opinion of religion. How does Polack feel about religion?
(a) It is a way of life.
(b) There is no truth to it.
(c) It gives people hope.
(d) It is a money-making busines
Short Answer Questions
1. The groups of men carrying Wilson back to the beach are beginning to have a difficult time. They are tired and running out of water, additionally they are beginning to fight, who suggests the men leave Wilson behind?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 12, why does Red decide to go to the hospital?
3. How does the commanding officer describe Anopopei?
4. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, some of the men are playing poker. Which card player wins 100 Australian pounds?
5. When Martinez returns from checking the mountain pass, he is deceptive to some of the other men. Who is Martinez hoping to impress by his actions during his mission?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)