|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 2, who does Mantelli send to Croft's platoon?
(c) Glodstein .
3. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
(a) Too complicated of an operation.
(b) Not enough air support.
(c) Fights with other men.
(d) Not enough time to prepare.
4. One night on the mountain, Martinez expresses his wish for a chaplain. At this, Polack tells the men his opinion of religion. How does Polack feel about religion?
(a) There is no truth to it.
(b) It is a money-making busines
(c) It is a way of life.
(d) It gives people hope.
5. During a discussion between Brown and Stanley, what does Brown say he will do to his wife if she is cheating on him?
(a) Beat her up.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Divorce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brown's feelings about women affect Stanley?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 5, as Roth thinks about his wife, what can the reader guess about her feelings toward him?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Wakara feel around the other men?
4. What does Red do when Hearn offers him the rank of corporal?
5. Cummings uses his journal to relieve tension and record his private thoughts, what is the underlying tone of Cummings' writing?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)