|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hearn request of Cummings in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Permission to have some liquor.
(b) A chance to fight.
(d) A transfer.
2. What does Hearn think of Wilson's injury?
(a) It is not too bad.
(b) Wilson will get more attention.
(c) Hearn is glad it was not him.
(d) It has spoiled the mission.
3. During a conversation with Gallagher about killing a Japanese soldier, Martinez begins to feel guilty and also begins thinking about death. As he thinks about these things, he wishes there was a chaplain with the men. Why does Martinez wish there was a chaplain with them?
(a) To receive communion.
(b) So he can learn about God.
(c) So he can confess.
(d) In case he dies.
4. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
5. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, who throws the grenade at the Japanese soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
2. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
3. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
4. As the soldier's carry Wilson to the beach, his continually complains that he is thirsty. However the men say he can not drink any water with his injury. What is the explanation they give Wilson for not being allowed any water?
5. What is Cummings motive behind assigning Hearn tasks such as bringing him fresh flowers and taking liquor to the officer's mess tent?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)