|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the General's worst fear about the island?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Lack of food.
(c) The jungle.
(d) The openness of the beach.
2. What ulterior motive does Cummings have for his relationship with Hearn?
3. By Part 2, Chapter 2, why has Croft become frustrated on the island?
(a) He feels his platoon is only on labor duties.
(b) He feels his platoon does not have enough dry clothes.
(c) He feels his platoon needs more men.
(d) He feels his platoon is fighting too much.
4. During Brown's flashback, what does he dream of studying in college?
(b) Aeronautical engineering.
(c) Chemical engineering.
5. Which soldier stays with the soldier who pretends to faint?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
2. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
3. Hearn has a number of undesirable characteristics. What is one of them mentioned in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. As the campaign continues, Cummings pessimism grows. But as he reviews the progress of troops, he sees that have have advanced. How does Cummings feel about these advances the troops have made?
5. There is an ongoing fear within each of the men in this story. However, during Part 3, Chapter 1, the men briefly forget this fear and the current state of their lives. What event causes this to occur?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)