|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
(a) Fighting with others.
(b) Having dry clothes.
(c) Being an officer.
(d) Being born in a poor family.
2. During a conversation with Gallagher about killing a Japanese soldier, Martinez begins to feel guilty and also begins thinking about death. As he thinks about these things, he wishes there was a chaplain with the men. Why does Martinez wish there was a chaplain with them?
(a) To receive communion.
(b) In case he dies.
(c) So he can learn about God.
(d) So he can confess.
3. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
(a) They deserve it.
(b) It is Army law.
(c) He treats everyone unfairly.
(d) They will fight better.
4. What have the soliders been doing in the five weeks they have been on the island?
(a) Waiting for the Japanese.
(c) Building a road.
5. What does Hearn think of Wilson's injury?
(a) It is not too bad.
(b) Wilson will get more attention.
(c) It has spoiled the mission.
(d) Hearn is glad it was not him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
2. As Gallagher thinks about the past, why is he upset about the post office job?
3. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
4. One night on the mountain, Martinez expresses his wish for a chaplain. At this, Polack tells the men his opinion of religion. How does Polack feel about religion?
5. The reader learns that Martinez fathered an illegitimate child. How does Martinez feel about having an illegitimate child?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)