|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Part 3, Chapter 2, what is one thing Hearn realizes he must rely on Croft for?
(a) His ability to lead.
(b) His strength.
(c) His expereince.
(d) His friendships with the soldiers.
2. What is Red's strategy for dealing with his current situation of being at war?
(a) Rely on the support of the platoon.
(b) Seek guidance from a superior.
(c) Take it one day at a time.
(d) Think positively.
3. When fresh food arrives, how does Cummings divided it between the 180 soldiers and 38 officers?
(a) Half for the soldiers and half for the officers.
(b) First come, first serve.
(c) Three quarters for the soldiers and one quarter for the officers.
(d) Officers eat first then the soldiers have the leftovers.
4. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
5. How does Brown's feelings about women affect Stanley?
(a) He feels his wife may cheat on him.
(b) He feels they are only good for sex.
(c) He feels more in love with his wife.
(d) He feels undeserving of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. After firing a cannon to relieve some tension, Cummings returns to his tent feeling very good. He finds his journal which he keeps locked and begins to write, by the time he has finished his entry, how does Cummings feel about his words?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 2, how many miles does Hearn want to travel before dark?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
4. How many letters does the dead soldier Hennessey receive?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, why does Hearn feel he will have a difficult time with Croft?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)