|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
2. As the campaign continues, Cummings pessimism grows. But as he reviews the progress of troops, he sees that have have advanced. How does Cummings feel about these advances the troops have made?
3. What does Cummings feel is the nature of a woman?
(a) To cheat.
(b) To provide a home.
(c) To love.
(d) To bear children.
4. During a conversation with Gallagher about killing a Japanese soldier, Martinez begins to feel guilty and also begins thinking about death. As he thinks about these things, he wishes there was a chaplain with the men. Why does Martinez wish there was a chaplain with them?
(a) So he can confess.
(b) In case he dies.
(c) To receive communion.
(d) So he can learn about God.
5. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, what is Roth dreaming of when Minetta woke him up?
2. As the weather turns for the worse and the tents are being blown away, what is the general mood of the men?
3. There is an ongoing fear within each of the men in this story. However, during Part 3, Chapter 1, the men briefly forget this fear and the current state of their lives. What event causes this to occur?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 10, who does Gallagher realize is the only person who understands him?
5. One night, Gallagher and Martinez talk about Martinez's search mission of the pass. Martinez admits that he killed a Japanese soldier. What does Gallagher think of Martinez for killing the Japanese soldier?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)