|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Part 2, Chapter 8, what are most of the soldiers doing?
(a) Reparing their tents.
(b) Building a road.
(c) Relaxing on the beach.
(d) Fighting the Japanese.
2. Cummings often thinks about how the campaign might go wrong which causes him frustration. In addition to writing in his journal, how else does Cummings release his tensions?
(a) Writing in his journal.
(b) Firing a cannon.
(c) Disciplining the men.
3. During the first days of the troops being on the island, how have the Japanese resistance reacted?
(b) Full-force attacks.
(c) Half-hearted attacks.
(d) There has been no sign of the Japanese.
4. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
(d) Factory work.
5. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(b) National Guard.
(c) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Wilson say he has had venereal disease?
2. What is Red's strategy for dealing with his current situation of being at war?
3. Goldstein thinks about opening a business with his wife. What type of business does he want to open?
4. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, what is Roth dreaming of when Minetta woke him up?
5. What natural landmark is on the island?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)