|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cummings motive behind assigning Hearn tasks such as bringing him fresh flowers and taking liquor to the officer's mess tent?
(a) Possible promotion.
(d) He does not want Hearn fighting.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 10, who does Gallagher realize is the only person who understands him?
(a) His mother.
(c) His wife.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, why does Hearn feel he will have a difficult time with Croft?
(a) Hearn is his superior.
(b) Croft does not like anyone.
(c) Croft is Hearn's superior.
(d) Croft is friends with Cummings.
4. During Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Wilson daydream of doing on the island?
(a) Manufacturing liquor.
(b) Selling fruit.
5. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, some of the men are playing poker. Which card player wins 100 Australian pounds?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Conn complaining about in the officer's mess hall?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
3. In what body of water is the island of Anopopei located?
4. What does Stanley hope to gain by befriending Brown?
5. What do the troops take from the dead Japanese major?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)