|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cummings feel is the nature of a woman?
(a) To provide a home.
(b) To cheat.
(c) To love.
(d) To bear children.
2. What have the soliders been doing in the five weeks they have been on the island?
(c) Waiting for the Japanese.
(d) Building a road.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
4. What does Hearn request of Cummings in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Permission to have some liquor.
(b) A chance to fight.
(d) A transfer.
5. How does Brown's feelings about women affect Stanley?
(a) He feels his wife may cheat on him.
(b) He feels undeserving of his wife.
(c) He feels they are only good for sex.
(d) He feels more in love with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is noticeably more nervous then the others?
2. Wilson tells the men he has another woman in Kansas. What is his reason for liking her more than his own wife?
3. What is the relationship between Cummings and Hearn like?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how is the life of these soldiers described?
5. During Part 1, Chapter 1, what does Wilson daydream of doing on the island?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)