|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
(a) He is a good soldier.
(b) He is a traitor.
(c) He is very useful.
(d) He is not much help.
2. In what body of water is the island of Anopopei located?
(a) Sea of Japan.
(b) East China Sea.
(c) Philippine Sea.
(d) Pacific Ocean.
3. While some of the men are on the beach preparing their sleeping areas and fox holes, what does Stanley do to irritate Ridges?
(a) Teases Ridges about being afraid of war.
(b) Gives Ridges the grunt work.
(c) Jokes Ridges about losing the poker game last night.
(d) Kicks sand back in the hole Ridges is digging.
4. What does Cummings state he will do to anyone who retreats from the Japanese?
(a) Send them to the stockade.
(b) Revoke their medals of honor,
(c) Place them on kitchen duty.
(d) Court-martial them.
5. What profession does the reader learn Hearn wanted to enter into after graduation?
(b) The family business.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how is the life of these soldiers described?
2. During Gallagher's flashback, what organization does the reader learn he joined as a teenager?
3. What is the relationship between Cummings and Hearn like?
4. What events led to Croft joining the Army?
5. The men were taking a break and relaxing on the beach, as the men are talking, Croft becomes angry and fires a shot into the woods, what happens next that creates fear and panic?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)