|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
2. What does Cummings state he will do to anyone who retreats from the Japanese?
(a) Court-martial them.
(b) Place them on kitchen duty.
(c) Send them to the stockade.
(d) Revoke their medals of honor,
3. While some of the men are on the beach preparing their sleeping areas and fox holes, what does Stanley do to irritate Ridges?
(a) Kicks sand back in the hole Ridges is digging.
(b) Teases Ridges about being afraid of war.
(c) Gives Ridges the grunt work.
(d) Jokes Ridges about losing the poker game last night.
4. Why does Martinez refuse to be in charge of other men?
(a) He feels he does not have the training to lead others.
(b) He thinks it will be too much pressure.
(c) He thinks they will not listen to him because he is Mexican.
(d) He is afraid of the responsibility.
5. In what body of water is the island of Anopopei located?
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) East China Sea.
(c) Sea of Japan.
(d) Philippine Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a discussion between Brown and Stanley, what does Brown say he will do to his wife if she is cheating on him?
2. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, who throws the grenade at the Japanese soldiers?
3. By Part 2, Chapter 2, why has Croft become frustrated on the island?
4. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
5. How does Brown feel about being a sergeant?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)