|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
2. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. During the first days of the troops being on the island, how have the Japanese resistance reacted?
(a) Full-force attacks.
(b) Half-hearted attacks.
(c) There has been no sign of the Japanese.
4. What does Cummings feel is the nature of a woman?
(a) To love.
(b) To provide a home.
(c) To cheat.
(d) To bear children.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character is upset that the officers have a higher standard of living than the soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
2. Wilson tells the men he has another woman in Kansas. What is his reason for liking her more than his own wife?
3. How do the soldiers feel about the conditions of the island?
4. Why does Martinez refuse to be in charge of other men?
5. What events led to Croft joining the Army?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)