|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
(a) He is new.
(b) The others know he is a better soldier.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He is college educated.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, what does Croft think about himself?
(a) He is unworthy.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is omnipotent.
(d) He is a good soldier.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
4. As Gallagher thinks about the past, why is he upset about the post office job?
(a) He was fired from the job.
(b) He was called to war before he could start work.
(c) He did not pass the employment test.
(d) A Jewish alderman's nephew got the job.
5. What events led to Croft joining the Army?
(a) He was discharged from the National Guard.
(b) His wife cheated on him and he hit her.
(c) His wife found out he cheated on her.
(d) His desire to kill something grew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, some of the men are playing poker. Which card player wins 100 Australian pounds?
2. What natural landmark is on the island?
3. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, as Roth thinks about his wife, what can the reader guess about her feelings toward him?
5. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)