|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
2. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
3. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(a) Air Force.
(d) National Guard.
4. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
(a) The meteorological corps.
(b) The officers.
(c) The soldiers.
5. During the first days of the troops being on the island, how have the Japanese resistance reacted?
(a) Half-hearted attacks.
(b) Full-force attacks.
(c) There has been no sign of the Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Martinez's flashback in Part 2, Chapter 2, what did he dream of becoming?
2. What natural landmark is on the island?
3. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
4. What have the soliders been doing in the five weeks they have been on the island?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character is upset that the officers have a higher standard of living than the soldiers?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)