|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While some of the men are on the beach preparing their sleeping areas and fox holes, what does Stanley do to irritate Ridges?
(a) Teases Ridges about being afraid of war.
(b) Gives Ridges the grunt work.
(c) Kicks sand back in the hole Ridges is digging.
(d) Jokes Ridges about losing the poker game last night.
2. As the book opens, which solider is not taking the card game seriously and offers to give back some of his winnings?
3. What natural landmark is on the island?
(d) Mountain range
4. What does Stanley hope to gain by befriending Brown?
(c) Extra time off.
(d) A job.
5. Who does Cummings blame for him not knowing the severity of the storm?
(a) The officers.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The meteorological corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men gather to keep dry during the storm?
2. How do the soldiers feel about the conditions of the island?
3. Hearn has a number of undesirable characteristics. What is one of them mentioned in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
5. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)