|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hearn has a number of undesirable characteristics. What is one of them mentioned in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) He likes to sees others humiliated.
(b) He complains about everything.
(c) He is conceited.
(d) He has poor hygiene.
2. What is Red's strategy for dealing with his current situation of being at war?
(a) Rely on the support of the platoon.
(b) Take it one day at a time.
(c) Seek guidance from a superior.
(d) Think positively.
3. How do the soldiers feel about the conditions of the island?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
(a) He soils his pants.
(b) The hole is bombed.
(c) He is saving a friend.
(d) He wants to attack the Japanese.
5. One evening Brown and Stanley are in their bunks talking. What topic are they discussing?
Short Answer Questions
1. By Part 2, Chapter 2, why has Croft become frustrated on the island?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, the men are now on the island, who is the commanding officer on the island?
3. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
4. During a discussion between Brown and Stanley, what does Brown say he will do to his wife if she is cheating on him?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 2, what does Croft think about himself?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)