|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is the island?
(a) 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.
(b) 50 miles long and 100 miles wide.
(c) 100 miles long and 50 miles wide.
(d) 50 miles long and 150 miles wide.
2. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, some of the men are playing poker. Which card player wins 100 Australian pounds?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
(a) Having dry clothes.
(b) Fighting with others.
(c) Being born in a poor family.
(d) Being an officer.
4. During a discussion between Brown and Stanley, what does Brown say he will do to his wife if she is cheating on him?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Forgive her.
(d) Beat her up.
5. What is the tone of Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. One evening Brown and Stanley are in their bunks talking. What topic are they discussing?
2. As the book opens, which solider is not taking the card game seriously and offers to give back some of his winnings?
3. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, what does Croft think about himself?
5. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Conn complaining about in the officer's mess hall?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)