|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character is upset that the officers have a higher standard of living than the soldiers?
2. Who is the only man to feel sorry about Hennessey's death?
3. While some of the men are on the beach preparing their sleeping areas and fox holes, what does Stanley do to irritate Ridges?
(a) Teases Ridges about being afraid of war.
(b) Kicks sand back in the hole Ridges is digging.
(c) Gives Ridges the grunt work.
(d) Jokes Ridges about losing the poker game last night.
4. Which character is said to be a loner?
5. One evening Brown and Stanley are in their bunks talking. What topic are they discussing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers feel about the conditions of the island?
2. In what body of water is the island of Anopopei located?
3. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
5. Which character is noticeably more nervous then the others?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)