|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, some of the men are playing poker. Which card player wins 100 Australian pounds?
2. What does Stanley hope to gain by befriending Brown?
(b) Extra time off.
(c) A job.
3. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
4. Which character is noticeably more nervous then the others?
5. During the first days of the troops being on the island, how have the Japanese resistance reacted?
(a) Half-hearted attacks.
(b) Full-force attacks.
(d) There has been no sign of the Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character is upset that the officers have a higher standard of living than the soldiers?
3. What natural landmark is on the island?
4. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 2, what does Croft think about himself?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)