|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brown is considering his current mission of carrying Wilson back to the beach and becomes angry with Croft for sending him. How is Brown's anger toward Croft for sending him with Wilson a contradiction?
(a) He is friends with Wilson.
(b) He wanted to be sent.
(c) He likes Croft and trusts his judgement.
(d) He was also in need of medical attention.
2. What has Stanley's promotion to corporal done for him?
(a) He is more confident.
(b) He is more arrogant.
(c) He is more afraid.
(d) He is more responsible.
3. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
(a) 0300 hours.
(b) 1800 hours
(c) 2200 hours
(d) 0400 hours.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 10, who does Gallagher realize is the only person who understands him?
(a) His mother.
(c) His wife.
5. Leach offers a number of excuses why he can not take a picture of Dalleson. Which of the following is not one of his excuses?
(a) The lens angle is not right.
(b) The shutter speed is not fast enough.
(c) He has little film.
(d) The lighting is off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hearn has a flashback about his childhood. How is his mother described during this flashback?
2. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, who throws the grenade at the Japanese soldiers?
3. What is Cummings motive behind assigning Hearn tasks such as bringing him fresh flowers and taking liquor to the officer's mess tent?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 8, what are Conn's true feelings about Wakara?
5. How does Dalleson feel about being chief of operations?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)