|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
(a) He wants to attack the Japanese.
(b) He is saving a friend.
(c) He soils his pants.
(d) The hole is bombed.
2. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
(a) Not enough air support.
(b) Fights with other men.
(c) Too complicated of an operation.
(d) Not enough time to prepare.
3. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(a) Air Force.
(b) National Guard.
4. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
(a) Takes him prisoner.
(b) Shoots him right away.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Lets him go.
5. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Conn complaining about in the officer's mess hall?
(b) The Japanese.
(d) Labor unions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
2. While some of the men are on the beach preparing their sleeping areas and fox holes, what does Stanley do to irritate Ridges?
3. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
4. Why does Martinez refuse to be in charge of other men?
5. How does Brown feel about being a sergeant?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)