|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Conn complaining about in the officer's mess hall?
(c) The Japanese.
(d) Labor unions.
2. While some of the men are on the beach preparing their sleeping areas and fox holes, what does Stanley do to irritate Ridges?
(a) Teases Ridges about being afraid of war.
(b) Kicks sand back in the hole Ridges is digging.
(c) Jokes Ridges about losing the poker game last night.
(d) Gives Ridges the grunt work.
3. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, what does Croft think about himself?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is omnipotent.
(c) He is a good soldier.
(d) He is unworthy.
5. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
(a) Not enough air support.
(b) Fights with other men.
(c) Too complicated of an operation.
(d) Not enough time to prepare.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
2. What is the relationship between Cummings and Hearn like?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who finds the illicit whiskey?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
5. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)