|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
(a) Fighting with others.
(b) Being born in a poor family.
(c) Having dry clothes.
(d) Being an officer.
2. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
(a) He is new.
(b) He is college educated.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) The others know he is a better soldier.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who finds the illicit whiskey?
4. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(b) National Guard.
(c) Air Force.
5. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time do the troops reach Anopopei?
2. What does Croft do with the Japanese soldier who did not die from the grenade?
3. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Conn complaining about in the officer's mess hall?
4. How do the soldiers feel about the conditions of the island?
5. Wilson tells the men he has another woman in Kansas. What is his reason for liking her more than his own wife?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)