|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(a) Air Force.
(d) National Guard.
2. In Martinez's flashback in Part 2, Chapter 2, what did he dream of becoming?
3. In the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, who throws the grenade at the Japanese soldiers?
4. Why is Cummings upset about when reviewing the air operations reports?
(a) Not enough time to prepare.
(b) Too complicated of an operation.
(c) Not enough air support.
(d) Fights with other men.
5. Wilson tells the men he has another woman in Kansas. What is his reason for liking her more than his own wife?
(a) She is a better cook.
(b) She is better in bed.
(c) She keeps the house clean.
(d) She is wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character is upset that the officers have a higher standard of living than the soldiers?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 2, who does Mantelli send to Croft's platoon?
3. There is some question of who let the gun go as the men were pushing it through the Jungle. Who does Croft suspect is responsible?
4. What events led to Croft joining the Army?
5. While some of the men are on the beach preparing their sleeping areas and fox holes, what does Stanley do to irritate Ridges?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)