|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part 1, Chapter 2 opens, the men are getting ready to advance on the island. What solider does Croft feel will be killed upon landing on Anopopei?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, what does Croft think about himself?
(a) He is unworthy.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is a good soldier.
(d) He is omnipotent.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Hearn feel guilty over?
(a) Being an officer.
(b) Being born in a poor family.
(c) Having dry clothes.
(d) Fighting with others.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who finds the illicit whiskey?
5. During Red's flashback the reader learns that Red began work at an early age. What type of work did Red do from age 13 to 18?
(b) Factory work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the new soldier to Croft's platoon feel he does not fit in?
2. While some of the men are on the beach preparing their sleeping areas and fox holes, what does Stanley do to irritate Ridges?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, why does Hennessey run out of the foxhole?
4. How does Brown feel about being a sergeant?
5. By Part 2, Chapter 2, why has Croft become frustrated on the island?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)