|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events led to Croft joining the Army?
(a) His wife found out he cheated on her.
(b) His desire to kill something grew.
(c) His wife cheated on him and he hit her.
(d) He was discharged from the National Guard.
2. What is Cummings motive behind assigning Hearn tasks such as bringing him fresh flowers and taking liquor to the officer's mess tent?
(a) He does not want Hearn fighting.
(d) Possible promotion.
3. During Part 3, Chapter 2, what is one thing Hearn realizes he must rely on Croft for?
(a) His ability to lead.
(b) His strength.
(c) His expereince.
(d) His friendships with the soldiers.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, as Roth thinks about his wife, what can the reader guess about her feelings toward him?
(a) She loves Roth.
(b) She thinks he is sucessful.
(c) She thinks he worthless.
(d) She wishes to have children.
5. Croft has a flashback and the reader learns that he joined a different branch of the military before joining the Army. What was the first branch Croft joined?
(c) National Guard.
(d) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers feel about the conditions of the island?
2. What does Hearn request of Cummings in Part 2, Chapter 11?
3. Hearn has a flashback about his childhood. How is his mother described during this flashback?
4. As Croft looks at the mountain, why is he frustrated?
5. What do the troops take from the dead Japanese major?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)