|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
(a) It is Army law.
(b) They will fight better.
(c) He treats everyone unfairly.
(d) They deserve it.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 8, how many men began the journey up the mountain?
3. What does Red do when Hearn offers him the rank of corporal?
(a) He rejects it.
(b) He is happily accepts it.
(c) His is afraid of the responsibility.
(d) He thinks it is a ploy.
4. Where was Cummings when he had his first homosexual encounter?
(d) West Point.
5. During a flashback of Cummings, the reader learns that he enjoyed sewing and sketching as a child, however his father did not approve. What was his father's action upon learning Cummings was partaking in womanly activities?
(a) He was sent to military school.
(b) He was forbidden to continue the activites.
(c) His father did nothing.
(d) His father took him to work at his factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ulterior motive does Cummings have for his relationship with Hearn?
2. When fresh food arrives, how does Cummings divided it between the 180 soldiers and 38 officers?
3. The soldiers are tired and their health is beginning to fail, additionally recent events have dulled the man's spirits, however Croft does not seem to care. How do the soldiers feel about Crofts' decision to continue through the pass, given recent events?
4. The men continue up the mountain based on the information provided by Martinez, what do the men assume about the mountain pass?
5. What game does Cummings and Hearn play, after Cummings states it is his only passion?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)