|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 6, who is in charge of setting up the recreation tent?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 13, after further conflict with Hearn, what does Cummings decide to do?
(a) Have Hearn lead a reconnaissance patrol.
(b) Have Hearn court-martialed.
(c) Have Hearn demoted.
(d) Have Hearn transferred again.
3. The soldiers are tired and their health is beginning to fail, additionally recent events have dulled the man's spirits, however Croft does not seem to care. How do the soldiers feel about Crofts' decision to continue through the pass, given recent events?
4. The men continue up the mountain based on the information provided by Martinez, what do the men assume about the mountain pass?
(a) There is no way through.
(b) There are Japanese soldiers.
(c) There are no Japanese soldiers.
(d) Martinez has killed all the Japanese soldiers.
5. During a flashback of Cummings, the reader learns that he enjoyed sewing and sketching as a child, however his father did not approve. What was his father's action upon learning Cummings was partaking in womanly activities?
(a) His father took him to work at his factory.
(b) He was forbidden to continue the activites.
(c) His father did nothing.
(d) He was sent to military school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
2. How does Dalleson feel about being chief of operations?
3. How is the leader of the patrol through pass killed?
4. What is Croft's intention in telling Hearn there are no Japanese guarding the pass and in sending him and a group of men to patrol?
5. What does Cummings believe is the way to power?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)