|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers are tired and their health is beginning to fail, additionally recent events have dulled the man's spirits, however Croft does not seem to care. How do the soldiers feel about Crofts' decision to continue through the pass, given recent events?
2. What ulterior motive does Cummings have for his relationship with Hearn?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 13, after further conflict with Hearn, what does Cummings decide to do?
(a) Have Hearn lead a reconnaissance patrol.
(b) Have Hearn demoted.
(c) Have Hearn court-martialed.
(d) Have Hearn transferred again.
4. What does Cummings believe is the way to power?
5. When fresh food arrives, how does Cummings divided it between the 180 soldiers and 38 officers?
(a) Three quarters for the soldiers and one quarter for the officers.
(b) Officers eat first then the soldiers have the leftovers.
(c) First come, first serve.
(d) Half for the soldiers and half for the officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Cummings when he had his first homosexual encounter?
2. What is Cummings reasoning for treating the soldiers unfairly?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 8, how many men began the journey up the mountain?
4. What does Red do when Hearn offers him the rank of corporal?
5. How is the leader of the patrol through pass killed?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)