|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Erra starts to destroy the world, who attempts to become the voice of reason for him?
2. Which does not describe Marduk?
(b) Perfect build.
(c) Four eyes.
(d) Fire breathing.
3. What is the result of Ninurta killing Anzu?
(a) Ninurta becomes shunned by all of mankind.
(b) Ninurta has become famous all over the world.
(c) Anzu becomes demonized in all cultures.
(d) Ninurta becomes king of the gods.
4. What is significant about the Theology of Dunnu?
(a) It shows that there was a belief system before Marduk.
(b) It shows that not all areas in Mesopotamia had the same beliefs.
(c) It shows that written records were kept before Mesopotamia.
(d) It shows that Ancient Babylonians did not actually take their gods literally.
5. In the Epic of Creation, what god is killed in order to make man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
2. What is not one of Adapa's responsibilities?
3. How do the gods know when Ninurta has slain Anzu?
4. What is Anu's relationships to Ada and Gerra?
5. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fate of the Sea and the Cattle God?
2. How does Ninurta ultimately defeat Anzu?
3. Describe the lineage of the gods as depicted in the Epic of Creation.
4. Why does Adapa curse the South Wind and what are the consequences?
5. How is Marduk rewarded for his victory over Tiamat?
6. How does Marduk defeat Tiamat?
7. Who does Anu initially choose to battle Anzu and why do the warriors refuse?
8. What is the station and functions of Adapa?
9. What does Mother Hubur create for Tiamat and why?
10. Why does Erra wage a battle against the world?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)