|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the offspring of the Cattle God and the Sea?
(c) The Flocks God.
2. In the Epic of Creation, what god is killed in order to make man?
3. What monstrosities does Erra release upon mankind?
(a) The Gorgons.
(b) The Igigi.
(c) The Anunnaki.
(d) The Sebitti.
4. What pact do the eagle and snake in Etana's story make with Shamash?
(a) The animals will both work with Etana.
(b) The animals will not harm each other.
(c) The animals will work together to force Etana to leave his fort.
(d) The animals will worship only Shamash.
5. What is not one of Adapa's responsibilities?
(a) Tending the rites.
(b) Fishing for Eridu.
(c) Healing the sick.
(d) Working alongside the bakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adapa curse the South Wind?
2. Who marries Pasture and Poplar?
3. In the final tablet of Erra and Ishum, what is the name of the author who apparently dreamed this story?
4. How does Mami (or Belet-ili) explain the robbery of the Tablet to Ninurta?
5. What must Adapa wear when he is sent to appear before Anu?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Anu initially choose to battle Anzu and why do the warriors refuse?
2. What leads to Marduk accepting the challenge to face Tiamat?
3. How does Marduk defeat Tiamat?
4. After Erra ceases his destruction against mankind and the gods, how does Ishum help repair the damage?
5. How does Mami (or Belet-ili) explain to her son why he should go to battle against Anzu?
6. Who is Haharnum?
7. How does Hayyashum contribute to the making of the world in the Theology of Dunnu?
8. What is the station and functions of Adapa?
9. What is the fate of the Sea and the Cattle God?
10. What is significant about the Mesopotamian culture when reading the Theology of Dunnu?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)