|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Greek goddess is heavily connected to Ishtar?
2. Who tells Atrahasis to build a boat in anticipation of Ellil flooding the world?
3. What biblical character is similar to Atrahasis?
4. What is the result of Enkidu and Gilgamesh's brutal battle?
(a) They become enemies.
(b) They become friends.
(c) Enkidu falls and becomes Gilgamesh's servant.
(d) Gilgamesh is felled by Enkidu and pledges his servitude to him.
5. How does Ereshkigal keep Nergal from killing her in the Amarna version?
(a) She promises to marry him.
(b) She promises that she will step down as queen of the Underworld.
(c) She promises that she will drop her vendetta.
(d) She promises that Nergal may force Namtar to apologize.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Gilgamesh is considered to be the mortal part?
2. For what errand does Ea create the man called Good-Looks?
3. When Nergal returns to the Underworld on his own, what happens when he finds Ereshkigal?
4. What happens to the plant Gilgamesh took from the Apsu?
5. Who is Nergal's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Belet-ili bring Enkidu to life?
2. What happens when Erra takes over Marduk's palace?
3. What function does the man, Good-Looks, serve in this story?
4. Who is Haharnum?
5. How is Marduk rewarded for his victory over Tiamat?
6. How does mankind react to the drought and famine before the ultimate appearance of the flood?
7. What is significant about Ninsun adopting Enkidu as her own son?
8. How does Erra trick Marduk into leaving his palace?
9. Describe Gilgamesh's journey to see Ut-napishtim (or Atrahasis)?
10. What does Mother Hubur create for Tiamat and why?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)