|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mercy does Ea grant to Gilgamesh in response to the man's prayers?
(a) He allows Gilgamesh to become immortal.
(b) He allows Gilgamesh to marry.
(c) He allows Enkidu to return from the underworld.
(d) He allows Enkidu to bid Gilgamesh a final farewell.
2. What god is sacrificed in order to create man?
3. In what modern country can the ancient civilization of these myths be found?
4. Who is Ereshkigal?
(a) Queen of the mountains.
(b) Goddess of the sun.
(c) Queen of the Underworld.
(d) Goddess of the earth.
5. Which goddess creates Enkidu in order to bring down Gilgamesh's arrogance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Enki believe the flood will last?
2. Who do the myths revolve around?
3. How does Ereshkigal keep Nergal from killing her in the Amarna version?
4. When Nergal returns to the Underworld on his own, what happens when he finds Ereshkigal?
5. How many gates must one pass through to reach Kurnugi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does mankind react to the drought and famine before the ultimate appearance of the flood?
2. What is Nergal's offense against Namtar and his penance?
3. How do the fates of Dumuzi and Belili explain the seasons and rituals of Mesopotamia?
4. What is significant about Ninsun adopting Enkidu as her own son?
5. How does Atrahasis initially save the world from ruin before the flood?
6. For what reasons does Enkidu die?
7. Describe Ishtar's journey to see her sister, Ereshkigal, in the Underworld.
8. What remedies are offered after the flood to help control the population of the world?
9. Where is the approximate location of Mesopotamia in the modern world?
10. According to the story of Atrahasis, how and why was man created?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)