|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hayyashum do to Haharnum after taking over his territory?
(a) Imprisons him.
(b) Deifies him.
(c) Tortures him.
(d) Kills him.
2. What function does the Tablet of Destinies serve?
(a) It controls how long mankind lives.
(b) It controls the orders and fates for the gods.
(c) It controls the seasonal changes.
(d) It controls the weather patterns.
3. What fate is granted to Marduk for volunteering to battle Tiamat?
(a) He will be made the gods' warrior.
(b) He will be granted any temple in the land.
(c) He will be canonized.
(d) He is made king of the gods.
4. Who does Hayyashum marry?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His niece.
5. What was the Flock God son's relationship to his wife before they married?
6. According to Ea's instructions, what must Ninurta do after cutting off Anzu's wings?
(a) Shoot an arrow through his heart.
(b) Shoot an arrow through his throat.
(c) Shoot an arrow through his liver.
(d) Shoot an arrow through his head.
7. Who chooses Ninurta to attack Anzu?
8. Who is both wife and sister to Haharnum?
9. According to the story of Erra and Ishum, what will happen if Marduk leaves his palace?
(a) The world will implode.
(b) The people will stop caring for their homes.
(c) The world will be thrown into natural chaos and war.
(d) The people will forget about their deities.
10. Fill in the blank: The Herdman God has slain both the Flock God and ______.
11. Who is the offspring of the Cattle God and the Sea?
(c) The Flocks God.
12. What is significant about the Theology of Dunnu?
(a) It shows that there was a belief system before Marduk.
(b) It shows that written records were kept before Mesopotamia.
(c) It shows that Ancient Babylonians did not actually take their gods literally.
(d) It shows that not all areas in Mesopotamia had the same beliefs.
13. What is Erra's station amongst the Gods?
(a) He is their cleric.
(b) He is their warrior.
(c) He is their healer.
(d) He is the keeper of the Tablet.
14. To whom does the blessing of the bow refer in The Epic of Creation?
15. Who built Kish?
(a) The Igigi.
(d) The Underworld demons sent by Ea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Etana's son?
2. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
3. In the shorter version of Anzu's story from Old Babylonia, where does the story start due to a missing tablet?
4. Why does Adapa curse the South Wind?
5. From what does Marduk create the world?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)