|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Adapa?
(a) A sage who taught mankind how to build a civilization.
(b) The man who takes Ishtar's place in the Underworld.
(c) The god who insulted Namtar.
(d) The king who saved people and animals during the great flood.
2. In the story of Erra and Ishum, who is most likely the "new king of Akkad" spoken of within the text?
3. Who is both wife and sister to Haharnum?
4. In the Old Babylonian version of the theft of the Tablet of Destiny, what is Anzu's name?
5. What monstrosities does Erra release upon mankind?
(a) The Sebitti.
(b) The Igigi.
(c) The Anunnaki.
(d) The Gorgons.
6. Which one of the following is an offspring of the Earth and her partner?
(a) Cattle God.
(c) Sheep Goddess.
7. Why does the snake attack the eagle and leave it for dead in a pit?
(a) The eagle insulted Shamash.
(b) The eagle ate the snake's young.
(c) The snake is reneging on their deal.
(d) The snake wanted the tree to himself.
8. What is significant about the Theology of Dunnu?
(a) It shows that written records were kept before Mesopotamia.
(b) It shows that there was a belief system before Marduk.
(c) It shows that Ancient Babylonians did not actually take their gods literally.
(d) It shows that not all areas in Mesopotamia had the same beliefs.
9. In the Theology of Dunnu, what happens when pieces of the Earth mate?
(a) Another part of Earth is created.
(b) The skies part.
(c) The oceans make waves.
(d) Another part of Earth is destroyed.
10. Who does Hayyashum marry?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His niece.
(d) His mother.
11. What is the name of Etana's son?
12. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
(a) A new season.
(b) A new day.
(c) A new month.
(d) A new week.
13. According to Erra, what of Marduk's has become dirty?
(a) His adornment.
(b) His throne.
(c) His hair.
(d) His face.
14. Who marries Pasture and Poplar?
(a) The Herdsman God.
(b) The Cattle God.
(c) The Sea.
(d) The Flock God.
15. How many names are given to Marduk by Anshar, Lahmu, and Lahamu?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayyashum do to Haharnum after taking over his territory?
2. Which does not describe Marduk?
3. What gift to Ea bestow upon Adapa?
4. What name does Marduk give to the area in front of Esharra?
5. What is the true reason for the Sebitti wanting to go to battle with Erra?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)