|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story depicting the theft of the Tablet of Destiny end in the Old Babylonian version?
(a) Anzum's body being thrown from the cliffs.
(b) Anzum surrendering the Tablet.
(c) Nirgirsu cutting off Anzum's wings.
(d) Nirgirsu shooting Anzum in the heart.
2. What is significant about the Theology of Dunnu?
(a) It shows that not all areas in Mesopotamia had the same beliefs.
(b) It shows that there was a belief system before Marduk.
(c) It shows that written records were kept before Mesopotamia.
(d) It shows that Ancient Babylonians did not actually take their gods literally.
3. How does Erra, after taking over Marduk's palace, start draining the latter god's power?
(a) He drinks Marduk's wine.
(b) He keeps people from worshipping at Marduk's temples.
(c) He shatters Marduk's sword.
(d) He keeps people from remembering that their god is Marduk.
4. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
(a) A new month.
(b) A new season.
(c) A new day.
(d) A new week.
5. Who is Adapa?
(a) The god who insulted Namtar.
(b) The king who saved people and animals during the great flood.
(c) The man who takes Ishtar's place in the Underworld.
(d) A sage who taught mankind how to build a civilization.
6. During the Festival of the New Year, why was the Epic of Creation performed or recited?
(a) It was a morale-booster for the citizens.
(b) It was a time for feasting.
(c) It was a religious ceremony for the temple maidens.
(d) It was propaganda for the king.
7. Who is the offspring of the Cattle God and the Sea?
(c) The Flocks God.
8. After the death of Tiamat, what adorns the door to Apsu?
(a) Mother Hubur's creatures.
(b) Tiatmat's head.
(c) Marduk's weapons.
(d) Apsu's head.
9. What is the result of Ninurta killing Anzu?
(a) Ninurta has become famous all over the world.
(b) Ninurta becomes shunned by all of mankind.
(c) Ninurta becomes king of the gods.
(d) Anzu becomes demonized in all cultures.
10. With whom does the Earth create a union in the Theology of Dunnu?
11. According to Ea's instructions, what must Ninurta do after cutting off Anzu's wings?
(a) Shoot an arrow through his head.
(b) Shoot an arrow through his throat.
(c) Shoot an arrow through his liver.
(d) Shoot an arrow through his heart.
12. Who kills the Herdsman God, Pasture, and Poplar?
13. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
(a) Three months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Five months.
14. Who creates an army of vicious, terrible warriors in the Epic of Creation?
(b) Mother Anza.
(d) Mother Hubur.
15. What food does Anu actually offer to Adapa?
(a) The bread of life.
(b) The bread of death.
(c) The bread of truth.
(d) The bread of lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Marduk give to the area in front of Esharra?
2. According to Erra, what of Marduk's has become dirty?
3. Why does the snake attack the eagle and leave it for dead in a pit?
4. Who does Hayyashum marry?
5. What is not one of Adapa's responsibilities?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)