|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
2. When Nirgirsu is depicted battling the man who stole the Tablet in the Old Babylonian version of this story, how many lines are missing between this section and the part where Ea intervenes with instructions?
3. How does Erra, after taking over Marduk's palace, start draining the latter god's power?
(a) He keeps people from worshipping at Marduk's temples.
(b) He drinks Marduk's wine.
(c) He shatters Marduk's sword.
(d) He keeps people from remembering that their god is Marduk.
4. Who is both wife and sister to Haharnum?
5. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
(a) A new season.
(b) A new week.
(c) A new month.
(d) A new day.
6. What duty is assigned to Anzu by Ellil?
(a) Anzu is guard the innermost chamber of Ellil's temple.
(b) Anzu is to guard the entrance to Ellil's temple.
(c) Anzu is to guard the outer layers of Ellil's temple.
(d) Anzu is to train the guards to keep an eye on Ellil's temple.
7. Who kills the Herdsman God, Pasture, and Poplar?
8. In the Epic of Creation, what god is killed in order to make man?
9. What is not one of Adapa's responsibilities?
(a) Working alongside the bakers.
(b) Healing the sick.
(c) Tending the rites.
(d) Fishing for Eridu.
10. Who are the Sebitti?
(a) They are the temple maidens in Ea's temple.
(b) They are the ferocious children of Earth and Anu.
(c) They are the children of Ishtar and Dumuzi.
(d) They are the human warriors of Mesopotamian.
11. Why do Adad, Gerra, and Shara refuse to attack Anzu?
(a) They know Anzu is the superior fighter.
(b) They feel Anzu is right.
(c) They know Anzu will turn them to clay.
(d) They know Anzu will take control and they do not want to cross him.
12. According to Ea's instructions, what must Ninurta do after cutting off Anzu's wings?
(a) Shoot an arrow through his head.
(b) Shoot an arrow through his heart.
(c) Shoot an arrow through his throat.
(d) Shoot an arrow through his liver.
13. What function does the Tablet of Destinies serve?
(a) It controls the orders and fates for the gods.
(b) It controls how long mankind lives.
(c) It controls the seasonal changes.
(d) It controls the weather patterns.
14. In the Old Babylonian version of the theft of the Tablet of Destiny, what is Anzu's name?
15. Who is the offspring of the Cattle God and the Sea?
(c) The Flocks God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ea specifically tell Adapa that he must not eat while appearing before Anu?
2. What is Sharur?
3. Who creates an army of vicious, terrible warriors in the Epic of Creation?
4. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
5. Why is Ea unable to face Tiamat?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)