|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What duty is assigned to Anzu by Ellil?
(a) Anzu is to train the guards to keep an eye on Ellil's temple.
(b) Anzu is to guard the outer layers of Ellil's temple.
(c) Anzu is to guard the entrance to Ellil's temple.
(d) Anzu is guard the innermost chamber of Ellil's temple.
2. After marrying her son, Plough, who does the Sea kill?
(c) Cattle God.
3. After the death of Tiamat, what adorns the door to Apsu?
(a) Mother Hubur's creatures.
(b) Apsu's head.
(c) Tiatmat's head.
(d) Marduk's weapons.
4. What name does Marduk give to the area in front of Esharra?
5. Why do Apsu and Mummu plan to kill the gods?
(a) Apsu fears that they will rebel.
(b) They are too weak for Apsu's plans.
(c) They are too loud for Apsu.
(d) Apsu fears he made them defective.
6. Theology of Dunnu is another version of which myth already discussed within this book?
(a) The Descent of Ishtar into the Underworld.
(b) The Epic of Gilgamesh.
(c) The Epic of Creation.
7. Who marries Pasture and Poplar?
(a) The Herdsman God.
(b) The Cattle God.
(c) The Sea.
(d) The Flock God.
8. What act does Mami claim will cause Ninurta to be worshiped throughout the land?
(a) Killing Marduk.
(b) Killing Anzu.
(c) Saving Anzu.
(d) Killing Ea.
9. How many names are given to Marduk by Anshar, Lahmu, and Lahamu?
10. To whom does Nudimmud give birth in the Epic of Creation?
11. Who kills the Herdsman God, Pasture, and Poplar?
12. According to Erra, what of Marduk's has become dirty?
(a) His face.
(b) His throne.
(c) His hair.
(d) His adornment.
13. Who are the Sebitti?
(a) They are the temple maidens in Ea's temple.
(b) They are the children of Ishtar and Dumuzi.
(c) They are the ferocious children of Earth and Anu.
(d) They are the human warriors of Mesopotamian.
14. When the eagle takes Etana to the skies, why does the king ask to be returned to earth?
(a) Etana became fearful of the heights.
(b) Etana grew ill from the ascent.
(c) Etana had dreams of forboding.
(d) Etana changed his mind about going to see the gods.
15. What is the true reason for the Sebitti wanting to go to battle with Erra?
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
2. In the shorter version of Anzu's story from Old Babylonia, where does the story start due to a missing tablet?
3. What food does Anu actually offer to Adapa?
4. Who is the offspring of the Cattle God and the Sea?
5. In the final tablet of Erra and Ishum, what is the name of the author who apparently dreamed this story?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)