|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who creates an army of vicious, terrible warriors in the Epic of Creation?
(a) Mother Anza.
(c) Mother Hubur.
2. When the eagle takes Etana to the skies, why does the king ask to be returned to earth?
(a) Etana became fearful of the heights.
(b) Etana grew ill from the ascent.
(c) Etana changed his mind about going to see the gods.
(d) Etana had dreams of forboding.
3. Why is Ninurta unable to kill Anzu?
(a) Ninurta feels it is not right to kill Anzu.
(b) Anzu controls everything with the Tablet.
(c) Anzu is too fast for Ninurta to catch.
(d) Anzu is much smarter than the other gods.
4. What does Anzu look like?
(a) A lion-headed eagle.
(b) A wingless eagle.
(c) An eagle with a lion's mane.
(d) A mane-less lion with tail feathers.
5. Who is Anu's vizier?
6. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
7. What does Ea specifically tell Adapa that he must not eat while appearing before Anu?
(a) Eat the bread of life.
(b) Eat the bread of lies.
(c) Eat the bread of death.
(d) Eat the bread of truth.
8. To whom does the blessing of the bow refer in The Epic of Creation?
9. Why is Ea unable to face Tiamat?
(a) He is too injured.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He does not wish to kill his mother.
(d) He knows his powers will not affect her.
10. How many gods and goddesses comprise the assembly of the gods after Tiamat's death?
11. What is the true reason for the Sebitti wanting to go to battle with Erra?
12. Who marries Pasture and Poplar?
(a) The Sea.
(b) The Flock God.
(c) The Herdsman God.
(d) The Cattle God.
13. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
(a) A new week.
(b) A new day.
(c) A new season.
(d) A new month.
14. What is significant about the Theology of Dunnu?
(a) It shows that there was a belief system before Marduk.
(b) It shows that written records were kept before Mesopotamia.
(c) It shows that Ancient Babylonians did not actually take their gods literally.
(d) It shows that not all areas in Mesopotamia had the same beliefs.
15. Why does Erra become furious with the other gods after Marduk leaves his palace?
(a) The other gods have chosen to do battle with Erra.
(b) The other gods have kept Erra from unleashing his anger on the world.
(c) The other gods keep referring to Marduk as their king.
(d) The other gods are simply ignoring Erra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story depicting the theft of the Tablet of Destiny end in the Old Babylonian version?
2. When Nirgirsu is depicted battling the man who stole the Tablet in the Old Babylonian version of this story, how many lines are missing between this section and the part where Ea intervenes with instructions?
3. What does Ishum offer to Erra for a cessation of the attacks on mankind?
4. Who is the offspring of the Cattle God and the Sea?
5. In the Old Babylonian version of the theft of the Tablet of Destiny, what is Anzu's name?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)