|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is both wife and sister to Haharnum?
2. Where does Marduk build the house for Lahmu and Lahamu to use when they are passing through?
3. In the final tablet of Erra and Ishum, what is the name of the author who apparently dreamed this story?
4. Why does Erra become furious with the other gods after Marduk leaves his palace?
(a) The other gods keep referring to Marduk as their king.
(b) The other gods have kept Erra from unleashing his anger on the world.
(c) The other gods have chosen to do battle with Erra.
(d) The other gods are simply ignoring Erra.
5. What is the name of Etana's son?
6. To whom does Nudimmud give birth in the Epic of Creation?
7. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
8. Who chooses Ninurta to attack Anzu?
9. Why do Adad, Gerra, and Shara refuse to attack Anzu?
(a) They know Anzu is the superior fighter.
(b) They feel Anzu is right.
(c) They know Anzu will take control and they do not want to cross him.
(d) They know Anzu will turn them to clay.
10. Who does Hayyashum marry?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His niece.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
11. Why is Ninurta unable to kill Anzu?
(a) Ninurta feels it is not right to kill Anzu.
(b) Anzu is too fast for Ninurta to catch.
(c) Anzu controls everything with the Tablet.
(d) Anzu is much smarter than the other gods.
12. How does Marduk entrap Tiamat?
(a) He traps her in a cave.
(b) He binds her with the tree of life.
(c) He binds her with the four winds.
(d) He throws her in the ocean.
13. Where does the story depicting the theft of the Tablet of Destiny end in the Old Babylonian version?
(a) Nirgirsu cutting off Anzum's wings.
(b) Anzum surrendering the Tablet.
(c) Nirgirsu shooting Anzum in the heart.
(d) Anzum's body being thrown from the cliffs.
14. How many gods and goddesses comprise the assembly of the gods after Tiamat's death?
15. How does the story of Erra and Ishum differ in format from the rest of the myths in this book?
(a) The story is told in iambic pentameter.
(b) The story is told in the form of speeches.
(c) The story is told in verse.
(d) The story is told in prose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tree grows by Etana's fort?
2. How does Ishum halt Erra's rampage on the world?
3. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
4. Which does not describe Marduk?
5. Who marries Pasture and Poplar?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)