|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hayyashum marry?
(a) His mother.
(b) His niece.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
2. Who built Kish?
(a) The Igigi.
(b) The Underworld demons sent by Ea.
3. What is the result of Ninurta killing Anzu?
(a) Ninurta becomes king of the gods.
(b) Ninurta becomes shunned by all of mankind.
(c) Ninurta has become famous all over the world.
(d) Anzu becomes demonized in all cultures.
4. To whom does the blessing of the bow refer in The Epic of Creation?
5. What gift to Ea bestow upon Adapa?
(a) Oratory skills.
(b) The ability to say only the truth.
6. With whom does the Earth create a union in the Theology of Dunnu?
7. What must Adapa wear when he is sent to appear before Anu?
(a) Mourning clothing.
(c) A shift from the Temple of Anu.
(d) He must be dressed as the gods.
8. Fill in the blank: The Herdman God has slain both the Flock God and ______.
9. Why is Ninurta unable to kill Anzu?
(a) Anzu is much smarter than the other gods.
(b) Anzu is too fast for Ninurta to catch.
(c) Ninurta feels it is not right to kill Anzu.
(d) Anzu controls everything with the Tablet.
10. What act does Mami claim will cause Ninurta to be worshiped throughout the land?
(a) Killing Ea.
(b) Killing Anzu.
(c) Killing Marduk.
(d) Saving Anzu.
11. What is not one of Adapa's responsibilities?
(a) Tending the rites.
(b) Healing the sick.
(c) Working alongside the bakers.
(d) Fishing for Eridu.
12. What is significant about the Theology of Dunnu?
(a) It shows that not all areas in Mesopotamia had the same beliefs.
(b) It shows that there was a belief system before Marduk.
(c) It shows that written records were kept before Mesopotamia.
(d) It shows that Ancient Babylonians did not actually take their gods literally.
13. What pact do the eagle and snake in Etana's story make with Shamash?
(a) The animals will worship only Shamash.
(b) The animals will not harm each other.
(c) The animals will work together to force Etana to leave his fort.
(d) The animals will both work with Etana.
14. Who marries Pasture and Poplar?
(a) The Herdsman God.
(b) The Flock God.
(c) The Sea.
(d) The Cattle God.
15. Where does the story depicting the theft of the Tablet of Destiny end in the Old Babylonian version?
(a) Anzum's body being thrown from the cliffs.
(b) Nirgirsu cutting off Anzum's wings.
(c) Nirgirsu shooting Anzum in the heart.
(d) Anzum surrendering the Tablet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the story of Erra and Ishum differ in format from the rest of the myths in this book?
2. Who helps add to the vegetation and animals on Earth after marriage in the Theology of Dunnu?
3. What is the name of Etana's son?
4. Who is Adapa?
5. In the Theology of Dunnu, what happens when pieces of the Earth mate?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)