|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Ninurta killing Anzu?
(a) Ninurta becomes shunned by all of mankind.
(b) Ninurta becomes king of the gods.
(c) Anzu becomes demonized in all cultures.
(d) Ninurta has become famous all over the world.
2. With whom does the Earth create a union in the Theology of Dunnu?
3. According to Erra, what of Marduk's has become dirty?
(a) His throne.
(b) His adornment.
(c) His hair.
(d) His face.
4. How does Mami (or Belet-ili) explain the robbery of the Tablet to Ninurta?
(a) Anzu robbed mankind.
(b) Anzu essentially robbed her.
(c) Anzu is in the right but acted too rashly.
(d) Anzu is unworthy to hold the tablet.
5. How does Ninurta return from the mountains after killing Anzu?
6. When the eagle takes Etana to the skies, why does the king ask to be returned to earth?
(a) Etana had dreams of forboding.
(b) Etana changed his mind about going to see the gods.
(c) Etana grew ill from the ascent.
(d) Etana became fearful of the heights.
7. What pact do the eagle and snake in Etana's story make with Shamash?
(a) The animals will work together to force Etana to leave his fort.
(b) The animals will both work with Etana.
(c) The animals will not harm each other.
(d) The animals will worship only Shamash.
8. What fate is granted to Marduk for volunteering to battle Tiamat?
(a) He is made king of the gods.
(b) He will be granted any temple in the land.
(c) He will be canonized.
(d) He will be made the gods' warrior.
9. What tree grows by Etana's fort?
10. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
11. Fill in the blank: The Herdman God has slain both the Flock God and ______.
12. What was the Flock God son's relationship to his wife before they married?
13. What duty is assigned to Anzu by Ellil?
(a) Anzu is guard the innermost chamber of Ellil's temple.
(b) Anzu is to guard the outer layers of Ellil's temple.
(c) Anzu is to guard the entrance to Ellil's temple.
(d) Anzu is to train the guards to keep an eye on Ellil's temple.
14. Theology of Dunnu is another version of which myth already discussed within this book?
(a) The Epic of Gilgamesh.
(b) The Descent of Ishtar into the Underworld.
(c) The Epic of Creation.
15. What monstrosities does Erra release upon mankind?
(a) The Sebitti.
(b) The Igigi.
(c) The Anunnaki.
(d) The Gorgons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Epic of Creation in this book end?
2. When Nirgirsu is depicted battling the man who stole the Tablet in the Old Babylonian version of this story, how many lines are missing between this section and the part where Ea intervenes with instructions?
3. Who are the Sebitti?
4. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
5. Who kills the Herdsman God, Pasture, and Poplar?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)