|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hayyashum do to Haharnum after taking over his territory?
(a) Deifies him.
(b) Tortures him.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Imprisons him.
2. How does Marduk entrap Tiamat?
(a) He binds her with the four winds.
(b) He binds her with the tree of life.
(c) He throws her in the ocean.
(d) He traps her in a cave.
3. Who is the offspring of the Cattle God and the Sea?
(a) The Flocks God.
4. During the Festival of the New Year, why was the Epic of Creation performed or recited?
(a) It was a time for feasting.
(b) It was a religious ceremony for the temple maidens.
(c) It was a morale-booster for the citizens.
(d) It was propaganda for the king.
5. How does the Epic of Creation in this book end?
(a) TIamat will never return to reclaim her throne
(b) Mankind will no longer need to rely on the gods for help.
(c) Mankind will hopefully worship Marduk as the gods' savior.
(d) Apsu will stay below the waters for eternity.
6. In the story of Erra and Ishum, who is most likely the "new king of Akkad" spoken of within the text?
7. Because Adapa was mislead by Ea and Anu, what opportunity does he miss?
(c) Eternal life.
(d) The ability to travel through life and death.
8. Who marries Pasture and Poplar?
(a) The Herdsman God.
(b) The Flock God.
(c) The Sea.
(d) The Cattle God.
9. How many names are given to Marduk by Anshar, Lahmu, and Lahamu?
10. In the shorter version of Anzu's story from Old Babylonia, where does the story start due to a missing tablet?
(a) Anzu stealing the Tablet.
(b) Ninurta's instructions to take Anzu's wings.
(c) Anzu's decision to steal the Tablet.
(d) Anzu battling Ninurta.
11. To whom does the blessing of the bow refer in The Epic of Creation?
12. What is Sharur?
(a) Ninurta's wife.
(b) Ninurta's student.
(c) Anzu's wife who rebels against Anzu.
(d) The personification of Ninurta's weapon.
13. How do the gods know when Ninurta has slain Anzu?
(a) They see Anzu's head being flung from the cliffs.
(b) They see Anzu's feathers fall.
(c) The Tablet appears back in the temple.
(d) They see Anzu's body fall from the cliffs.
14. According to Erra, what of Marduk's has become dirty?
(a) His adornment.
(b) His throne.
(c) His face.
(d) His hair.
15. Theology of Dunnu is another version of which myth already discussed within this book?
(a) The Epic of Creation.
(b) The Epic of Gilgamesh.
(c) The Descent of Ishtar into the Underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishum halt Erra's rampage on the world?
2. According to the story of Erra and Ishum, what will happen if Marduk leaves his palace?
3. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
4. Which does not describe Marduk?
5. Who built Kish?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)