|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marduk entrap Tiamat?
(a) He binds her with the four winds.
(b) He traps her in a cave.
(c) He binds her with the tree of life.
(d) He throws her in the ocean.
2. Who is both wife and sister to Haharnum?
3. Who is Anu's vizier?
4. What does Anzu look like?
(a) An eagle with a lion's mane.
(b) A lion-headed eagle.
(c) A wingless eagle.
(d) A mane-less lion with tail feathers.
5. What does Erra ask of Ishum in the beginning of their story?
(a) He wants Ishum to renounce his divinity.
(b) He wants Ishum to help him gain more territory.
(c) He wants Ishum to appeal to Ea for more responsibilities.
(d) He wants Ishum to start a battle.
6. Who does Hayyashum marry?
(a) His mother.
(b) His niece.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
7. Who creates an army of vicious, terrible warriors in the Epic of Creation?
(b) Mother Hubur.
(d) Mother Anza.
8. In the shorter version of Anzu's story from Old Babylonia, where does the story start due to a missing tablet?
(a) Ninurta's instructions to take Anzu's wings.
(b) Anzu battling Ninurta.
(c) Anzu's decision to steal the Tablet.
(d) Anzu stealing the Tablet.
9. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
10. What duty is assigned to Anzu by Ellil?
(a) Anzu is to guard the entrance to Ellil's temple.
(b) Anzu is to guard the outer layers of Ellil's temple.
(c) Anzu is to train the guards to keep an eye on Ellil's temple.
(d) Anzu is guard the innermost chamber of Ellil's temple.
11. After marrying her son, Plough, who does the Sea kill?
(d) Cattle God.
12. What is the result of Ninurta killing Anzu?
(a) Ninurta becomes shunned by all of mankind.
(b) Ninurta becomes king of the gods.
(c) Anzu becomes demonized in all cultures.
(d) Ninurta has become famous all over the world.
13. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Eight months.
14. What function does the Tablet of Destinies serve?
(a) It controls the weather patterns.
(b) It controls the orders and fates for the gods.
(c) It controls how long mankind lives.
(d) It controls the seasonal changes.
15. Theology of Dunnu is another version of which myth already discussed within this book?
(b) The Epic of Gilgamesh.
(c) The Epic of Creation.
(d) The Descent of Ishtar into the Underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the different reigns of each part of Earth represent?
2. In the Theology of Dunnu, what happens when pieces of the Earth mate?
3. When Nirgirsu is depicted battling the man who stole the Tablet in the Old Babylonian version of this story, how many lines are missing between this section and the part where Ea intervenes with instructions?
4. What food does Anu actually offer to Adapa?
5. What must Adapa wear when he is sent to appear before Anu?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)