|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Nudimmud give birth in the Epic of Creation?
2. What was the Flock God son's relationship to his wife before they married?
3. In the Epic of Creation, what god is killed in order to make man?
4. What does Erra ask of Ishum in the beginning of their story?
(a) He wants Ishum to help him gain more territory.
(b) He wants Ishum to renounce his divinity.
(c) He wants Ishum to appeal to Ea for more responsibilities.
(d) He wants Ishum to start a battle.
5. When Erra starts to destroy the world, who attempts to become the voice of reason for him?
6. What is the name of Etana's son?
7. Which one of the following is an offspring of the Earth and her partner?
(a) Sheep Goddess.
(d) Cattle God.
8. After the death of Tiamat, what adorns the door to Apsu?
(a) Marduk's weapons.
(b) Apsu's head.
(c) Tiatmat's head.
(d) Mother Hubur's creatures.
9. Who kills the Herdsman God, Pasture, and Poplar?
10. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
11. Because Adapa was mislead by Ea and Anu, what opportunity does he miss?
(b) Eternal life.
(c) The ability to travel through life and death.
12. According to Ea's instructions, what must Ninurta do after cutting off Anzu's wings?
(a) Shoot an arrow through his throat.
(b) Shoot an arrow through his head.
(c) Shoot an arrow through his heart.
(d) Shoot an arrow through his liver.
13. How many gods and goddesses comprise the assembly of the gods after Tiamat's death?
14. What is Erra's station amongst the Gods?
(a) He is their cleric.
(b) He is their healer.
(c) He is their warrior.
(d) He is the keeper of the Tablet.
15. What leads Etana to attempt, for a second time, to fly with the eagle to Anu's heaven?
(a) Anu threatened him.
(b) His wife begged him to go.
(c) Three dreams.
(d) The eagle forced him to go see Anu.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the blessing of the bow refer in The Epic of Creation?
2. Theology of Dunnu is another version of which myth already discussed within this book?
3. Who are the Sebitti?
4. What does Erra want from mankind?
5. Who does Hayyashum marry?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)