|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Twelve months.
2. Who does the Cattle God kill?
3. What monstrosities does Erra release upon mankind?
(a) The Gorgons.
(b) The Sebitti.
(c) The Anunnaki.
(d) The Igigi.
4. What is the true reason for the Sebitti wanting to go to battle with Erra?
5. How many names are given to Marduk by Anshar, Lahmu, and Lahamu?
6. Theology of Dunnu is another version of which myth already discussed within this book?
(b) The Epic of Gilgamesh.
(c) The Descent of Ishtar into the Underworld.
(d) The Epic of Creation.
7. When the eagle takes Etana to the skies, why does the king ask to be returned to earth?
(a) Etana became fearful of the heights.
(b) Etana had dreams of forboding.
(c) Etana changed his mind about going to see the gods.
(d) Etana grew ill from the ascent.
8. What does Erra want from mankind?
(a) He wants to be accepted as their deity.
(b) He wants to be loved.
(c) He wants to be their friend.
(d) He wants to be feared.
9. What does Ea specifically tell Adapa that he must not eat while appearing before Anu?
(a) Eat the bread of truth.
(b) Eat the bread of life.
(c) Eat the bread of death.
(d) Eat the bread of lies.
10. To whom does the blessing of the bow refer in The Epic of Creation?
11. What does Anzu look like?
(a) An eagle with a lion's mane.
(b) A wingless eagle.
(c) A mane-less lion with tail feathers.
(d) A lion-headed eagle.
12. How does the Epic of Creation in this book end?
(a) TIamat will never return to reclaim her throne
(b) Mankind will hopefully worship Marduk as the gods' savior.
(c) Apsu will stay below the waters for eternity.
(d) Mankind will no longer need to rely on the gods for help.
13. Why does Erra become furious with the other gods after Marduk leaves his palace?
(a) The other gods keep referring to Marduk as their king.
(b) The other gods are simply ignoring Erra.
(c) The other gods have kept Erra from unleashing his anger on the world.
(d) The other gods have chosen to do battle with Erra.
14. From what does Marduk create the world?
(a) Apsu's rown.
(b) Tiamat's crown.
(c) Apsu's remains.
(d) Tiamat's remains.
15. Who helps add to the vegetation and animals on Earth after marriage in the Theology of Dunnu?
(a) The Cattle God.
(c) The Flock God.
(d) The Herdsman God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift to Ea bestow upon Adapa?
2. What does Ishum offer to Erra for a cessation of the attacks on mankind?
3. Who is Adapa?
4. Where does Marduk build the house for Lahmu and Lahamu to use when they are passing through?
5. What leads Etana to attempt, for a second time, to fly with the eagle to Anu's heaven?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)