|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Erra, what of Marduk's has become dirty?
(a) His face.
(b) His hair.
(c) His throne.
(d) His adornment.
2. During the Festival of the New Year, why was the Epic of Creation performed or recited?
(a) It was a religious ceremony for the temple maidens.
(b) It was propaganda for the king.
(c) It was a morale-booster for the citizens.
(d) It was a time for feasting.
3. Theology of Dunnu is another version of which myth already discussed within this book?
(a) The Epic of Gilgamesh.
(b) The Descent of Ishtar into the Underworld.
(d) The Epic of Creation.
4. What must Adapa wear when he is sent to appear before Anu?
(a) Mourning clothing.
(b) A shift from the Temple of Anu.
(c) He must be dressed as the gods.
5. In the final tablet of Erra and Ishum, what is the name of the author who apparently dreamed this story?
6. What act does Mami claim will cause Ninurta to be worshiped throughout the land?
(a) Killing Ea.
(b) Saving Anzu.
(c) Killing Anzu.
(d) Killing Marduk.
7. Why does Erra become furious with the other gods after Marduk leaves his palace?
(a) The other gods have kept Erra from unleashing his anger on the world.
(b) The other gods have chosen to do battle with Erra.
(c) The other gods keep referring to Marduk as their king.
(d) The other gods are simply ignoring Erra.
8. How does Mami (or Belet-ili) explain the robbery of the Tablet to Ninurta?
(a) Anzu robbed mankind.
(b) Anzu is in the right but acted too rashly.
(c) Anzu essentially robbed her.
(d) Anzu is unworthy to hold the tablet.
9. Why does Adapa curse the South Wind?
(a) The wind overturned his son's boat.
(b) The wind blew his house over, injuring several people.
(c) The wind overturned his boat.
(d) The wind blew sand in his eyes, causing him to drop a valuable jar.
10. Throughout his story, with what is Erra obsessed?
11. What gift to Ea bestow upon Adapa?
(a) The ability to say only the truth.
(b) Oratory skills.
12. With whom does the Earth create a union in the Theology of Dunnu?
13. Who helps add to the vegetation and animals on Earth after marriage in the Theology of Dunnu?
(b) The Herdsman God.
(c) The Cattle God.
(d) The Flock God.
14. To whom does the blessing of the bow refer in The Epic of Creation?
15. What pact do the eagle and snake in Etana's story make with Shamash?
(a) The animals will work together to force Etana to leave his fort.
(b) The animals will both work with Etana.
(c) The animals will not harm each other.
(d) The animals will worship only Shamash.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the eagle takes Etana to the skies, why does the king ask to be returned to earth?
2. Which does not describe Marduk?
3. What monstrosities does Erra release upon mankind?
4. After marrying her son, Plough, who does the Sea kill?
5. Who is Adapa?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)