|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What function does the Tablet of Destinies serve?
(a) It controls the orders and fates for the gods.
(b) It controls the seasonal changes.
(c) It controls the weather patterns.
(d) It controls how long mankind lives.
2. Why does Erra become furious with the other gods after Marduk leaves his palace?
(a) The other gods are simply ignoring Erra.
(b) The other gods keep referring to Marduk as their king.
(c) The other gods have chosen to do battle with Erra.
(d) The other gods have kept Erra from unleashing his anger on the world.
3. How does Marduk entrap Tiamat?
(a) He binds her with the four winds.
(b) He binds her with the tree of life.
(c) He throws her in the ocean.
(d) He traps her in a cave.
4. In the shorter version of Anzu's story from Old Babylonia, where does the story start due to a missing tablet?
(a) Anzu's decision to steal the Tablet.
(b) Anzu battling Ninurta.
(c) Anzu stealing the Tablet.
(d) Ninurta's instructions to take Anzu's wings.
5. How do the gods know when Ninurta has slain Anzu?
(a) They see Anzu's feathers fall.
(b) The Tablet appears back in the temple.
(c) They see Anzu's body fall from the cliffs.
(d) They see Anzu's head being flung from the cliffs.
6. Where does the story depicting the theft of the Tablet of Destiny end in the Old Babylonian version?
(a) Nirgirsu shooting Anzum in the heart.
(b) Nirgirsu cutting off Anzum's wings.
(c) Anzum surrendering the Tablet.
(d) Anzum's body being thrown from the cliffs.
7. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Eight months.
8. Who is both wife and sister to Haharnum?
9. Why does the snake attack the eagle and leave it for dead in a pit?
(a) The snake wanted the tree to himself.
(b) The eagle ate the snake's young.
(c) The snake is reneging on their deal.
(d) The eagle insulted Shamash.
10. Fill in the blank: The Herdman God has slain both the Flock God and ______.
11. What tree grows by Etana's fort?
12. How many names are given to Marduk by Anshar, Lahmu, and Lahamu?
13. With whom does the Earth create a union in the Theology of Dunnu?
14. In the Theology of Dunnu, what happens when pieces of the Earth mate?
(a) Another part of Earth is destroyed.
(b) Another part of Earth is created.
(c) The skies part.
(d) The oceans make waves.
15. Who chooses Ninurta to attack Anzu?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Erra starts to destroy the world, who attempts to become the voice of reason for him?
2. Who built Kish?
3. Why do Adad, Gerra, and Shara refuse to attack Anzu?
4. Because Adapa was mislead by Ea and Anu, what opportunity does he miss?
5. What gift to Ea bestow upon Adapa?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)