|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gods and goddesses comprise the assembly of the gods after Tiamat's death?
2. After marrying her son, Plough, who does the Sea kill?
(b) Cattle God.
3. For how many months does Etana feed and train the eagle in the pit?
(a) Three months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Eight months.
4. What act does Mami claim will cause Ninurta to be worshiped throughout the land?
(a) Killing Anzu.
(b) Saving Anzu.
(c) Killing Ea.
(d) Killing Marduk.
5. Who creates an army of vicious, terrible warriors in the Epic of Creation?
(b) Mother Hubur.
(c) Mother Anza.
6. In the final tablet of Erra and Ishum, what is the name of the author who apparently dreamed this story?
7. In the story of Erra and Ishum, who is most likely the "new king of Akkad" spoken of within the text?
8. What appears to be the main thing that Erra craves from the other gods, as illustrated several times throughout his story?
9. What is the true reason for the Sebitti wanting to go to battle with Erra?
10. What pact do the eagle and snake in Etana's story make with Shamash?
(a) The animals will not harm each other.
(b) The animals will work together to force Etana to leave his fort.
(c) The animals will both work with Etana.
(d) The animals will worship only Shamash.
11. To whom does Nudimmud give birth in the Epic of Creation?
12. When Nirgirsu is depicted battling the man who stole the Tablet in the Old Babylonian version of this story, how many lines are missing between this section and the part where Ea intervenes with instructions?
13. In the Theology of Dunnu, what happens when pieces of the Earth mate?
(a) The skies part.
(b) Another part of Earth is destroyed.
(c) Another part of Earth is created.
(d) The oceans make waves.
14. According to Erra, what of Marduk's has become dirty?
(a) His throne.
(b) His adornment.
(c) His hair.
(d) His face.
15. What is Erra's station amongst the Gods?
(a) He is their healer.
(b) He is their warrior.
(c) He is their cleric.
(d) He is the keeper of the Tablet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Ninurta killing Anzu?
2. How does the story of Erra and Ishum differ in format from the rest of the myths in this book?
3. Who is both wife and sister to Haharnum?
4. What was the Flock God son's relationship to his wife before they married?
5. Because Adapa was mislead by Ea and Anu, what opportunity does he miss?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)