Preface 1, Preface 2, List of Figures, Sigla and Abbreviations, Introduction, Chronological Chart, and Map of the Near East
• The author explains that many stories from works such as the Old Testament and Arabian Nights have their origins in the Mesopotamians myths.
• The author explains the purpose of The List of FIgures and the Sigla and Abbreviations.
• The people of Mesopotamia travel the world, and this explains how their stories spread to other cultures.
• The author suggests that in order to better understand stories from the Bible or Greek mythology it is important to understand the original stories.
• To lighten the workload of the gods, man is created.
• Ellil starts to blight man with disease and famine to control the population.
• Atrahasis successfully prays to the gods for a cessation of the world's miseries.
• Ellil decides to flood the world.
• Under Enki's instructions, Atrahasis builds a boat and saves...
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)