|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many good years did Abraham hope Will Johnson might have?
2. What baseball team was Norman's passion?
3. When Vicky and Clyde attended one of the Tri-City AIDS Project (TAP), meetings, what was Bobby wearing?
4. What did the congregation recite at Bess Johnson's funeral?
5. How far was Otis's hometown from Johnson city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did an intern warn Bess Johnson about?
2. Why did the administrator of the Miracle Center ask to speak with Abraham?
3. What did Hobart Carter want done with his body after his death?
4. Where did most of the HIV-infected patients live who came for treatment in Johnson City?
5. Why does Abraham believe that HIV is a disease that has been imported to east Tennessee?
6. How did Will Johnson contract HIV?
7. What were the circumstances surrounding Will Johnson's heart attack?
8. What was the uniform of gay men in the 1970s?
9. What did the doctors at Duke tell Will when he said he wanted a meeting with all his doctors?
10. What did Will Johnson want to do when he was at Duke and it looked as though surgery was his next option?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain what Abraham meant when he said that doctors were reimbursed for doing, not for thinking.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss why Abraham was so interested in learning about a "good" death.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the conflict that Abraham struggled with concerning his desire to help his patients as much as possible without taking away time from his family.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)