|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first shelter that Clyde ran off to?
2. Who tried to be first in the chow line at the VA hospital?
3. When did the "New England Journal of Medicine" finally publish the result of the AZT study?
4. Where did Clyde want to go after he and his family went to the Grand Ole Opry and other sights in Nashville?
5. How many good years did Abraham hope Will Johnson might have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Will and Bess Johnson planned their funerals?
2. What gift did Cameron give Vickie for Abraham?
3. Why was Abraham faced with a dilemma when any of his HIV-infected patients required surgery?
4. Why was Abraham furious and humiliated after talking with the Miracle Center administrator?
5. What brought Vickie, Bobby, and Jacko together?
6. What experience did Petie Granger and his mother have when they visited the family physician?
7. What did Will ask the preacher to tell the congregation at his funeral?
8. What worry did Otis Jackson have as he neared the end of his life?
9. Why wasn't Luther Hines staying with his parents?
10. Why does Will Johnson tell Abraham that he and his wife are not facing HIV alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from "My Own Country", compare and contrast the reactions of families when they learned that a family member was HIV-infected.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Abraham's view of the physician-patient relationship with the views of other doctors mentioned in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss why Abraham was so interested in learning about a "good" death.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)