|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what time did the movers have the moving van loaded when Abraham and his family left Tennessee?
2. What was Norman Sanger's favorite dessert?
3. How many good years did Abraham hope Will Johnson might have?
4. At the Mountain Home cemetery, which veterans have their gravestones in a circle known as the "silent circle"?
5. How big was Sharon Phillips's backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some problems with the first office that the Tri-City Aids Project (TAP) rented for an office?
2. How had Will and Bess Johnson planned their funerals?
3. What were the circumstances surrounding Will Johnson's heart attack?
4. Why wasn't Luther Hines staying with his parents?
5. In February of 1988, why did Abraham's duties at the VA take on a new twist?
6. What did an intern warn Bess Johnson about?
7. What did Hobart Carter want done with his body after his death?
8. Why did Jacko move from Sacramento to Tennessee?
9. Why was Abraham faced with a dilemma when any of his HIV-infected patients required surgery?
10. Why does Will Johnson tell Abraham that he and his wife are not facing HIV alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Vickie changed after she and her husband were diagnosed with HIV. Were these changes positive or negative?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 25, Abraham consults Osler to try to find information about the kind of medicine he wants to practice. Discuss the type of medicine that Abraham wanted to practice. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the deaths of various patients affected Abraham. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)