|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Virginia Military Institute located?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 22, who did Vickie McCray say were her two best friends?
3. How many surgeons performed surgeries at the Miracle Center?
4. When Luther Hines first stumbled out of Abraham's clinic refusing admission, how many days did Abraham and Carol think he might live?
5. How much would treatment of AZT cost a patient for a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did most of the HIV-infected patients live who came for treatment in Johnson City?
2. What did Will ask the preacher to tell the congregation at his funeral?
3. What does Bess Johnson mean when she says that the surgeon was an "outspoken Christian"?
4. How did Will Johnson contract HIV?
5. Why wasn't Luther Hines staying with his parents?
6. What experience did Petie Granger and his mother have when they visited the family physician?
7. What gift did Cameron give Vickie for Abraham?
8. Why does Abraham believe that HIV is a disease that has been imported to east Tennessee?
9. What worry did Otis Jackson have as he neared the end of his life?
10. What did an intern warn Bess Johnson about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Vickie changed after she and her husband were diagnosed with HIV. Were these changes positive or negative?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain what Abraham meant when he said that doctors were reimbursed for doing, not for thinking.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how nurses and hospital staff treated AIDS patients at the Miracle Center. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)