|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do Abraham's parents trace their religion back to?
2. What kind of flowers did Essie buy for Gordon's casket.
3. Who was the nurse who assisted Abraham in the Infectious Disease clinic?
4. Who babysat Steven, Abraham's son?
5. What type of car did Abraham drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is given to a young man who was driving from New York to his parents' home in Johnson, after he awakes frightened in the ICU?
2. What does Gordon tell Essie about the vision of Jesus that he saw?
3. Why did the barns of Tennessee fascinate Abraham?
4. What lingers in his mind when Abraham thinks back to his first AIDS patients?
5. What were the rural hospitals like where Abraham would work in small emergency rooms on weekends?
6. Describe what Abraham saw when he went to the cemetery where Gordon was buried.
7. Why were Abraham's first days in Boston anxious and disorienting?
8. What did Vickie McCary do when she learned her husband Clyde had AIDS?
9. How could Abraham have influenced Ed's family to not put him on a respirator?
10. What were some of Fred Goodson's activities after he got his degree in Wisconsin and returned to Tennessee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the mixed feelings that Abraham has when Rajani wants to buy a house.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain what Abraham meant when he said that doctors were reimbursed for doing, not for thinking.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Johnsons' faith and how it helped them when they were diagnosed with HIV. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)