|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car did Clyde's male lover drive?
2. How old were Fred Goodson and Otis Jackson?
3. How many children did Bobby Keller have?
4. What color boots did one of the men have who flew from New York to see the young man who was admitted to Johnson City Medical Center in August, 1985?
5. About how many breaths was Gordon breathing per minute the first time that Abraham examined him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What places had Abraham visited in Abingdon, Virginia?
2. What were the rural hospitals like where Abraham would work in small emergency rooms on weekends?
3. What did Abraham learn about unexplained fevers in AIDS patients as he gained experience?
4. How had Abraham's Wednesday afternoon clinic changed by 1987?
5. Why didn't Abraham go to Gordon's funeral?
6. What were church services like for Abraham in Ethiopia?
7. Why did Abraham's grandfather finally let Abraham's mother, Miriam, go to Ethiopia to teach?
8. How did Christianity come to the Malabar coast of India?
9. What inspired Fred Goodson to lose weight when he was in college?
10. How does Gordon say that he has been feeling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Will Johnson believed that HIV was a test. Discuss what Will Johnson meant when he said that HIV was a test for him. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the deaths of various patients affected Abraham. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Johnsons' faith and how it helped them when they were diagnosed with HIV. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)