|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Abraham's parents born?
2. How many days after Scotty Daws was admitted to the Miracle Center did he lose the ability to speak?
3. Who was Abraham's infectious disease mentor in Tennessee?
4. When does Gordon think he may have contracted AIDS?
5. What color boots did one of the men have who flew from New York to see the young man who was admitted to Johnson City Medical Center in August, 1985?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gordon say that he has been feeling?
2. How did Christianity come to the Malabar coast of India?
3. What does a doctor look for in a patient exam?
4. What were church services like for Abraham in Ethiopia?
5. What were the rural hospitals like where Abraham would work in small emergency rooms on weekends?
6. Describe the staff quarters where Abraham and Rajani lived in Tennessee.
7. What does Gordon tell Essie about the vision of Jesus that he saw?
8. How could Abraham have influenced Ed's family to not put him on a respirator?
9. Why did the barns of Tennessee fascinate Abraham?
10. Where did Abraham serve as a physician in Johnson City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Will Johnson Jr. is frustrated when a foreign physician forces his mother-in-law to stop helping Will Johnson Sr. Discuss why Will Johnson Jr. is frustrated with some foreign physicians.
Essay Topic 2
Rajani is not pleased to be leaving Tennessee. Discuss why Rajani agrees to move to Iowa. Use examples from "My Own Country".
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain what Abraham meant when he said that doctors were reimbursed for doing, not for thinking.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)