|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mort make Curtwell since they are in their own reality?
2. What does Cutwell do when the elephant starts to rampage?
3. What cheers up Terpsic when he is plunged beneath the waters and believes he is about to die?
4. What does Ysabell tell Mort when she wakes him up?
5. What does Cutwell say when Mort arrives inside what remains of the reality with Princess Keli alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last scene in the story and how Mort and Death part ways.
2. Describe what happens when Mort reaches the palace in Sto Lat.
3. What does Cutwell explain is the reason that Mort can walk through walls?
4. What do the wizards decide to do after Albert is gone?
5. Describe the food in Ankh-Morpork.
6. Explain what Mort and Ysabell talk about while they are in the pyramid.
7. Explain what happens when Mort goes into Keli's room?
8. What does Albert do after Ysabell and Mort leave?
9. Explain how Mort gets the information he needs from Albert.
10. What happens when Mort first enters the city of Sto Lat and goes to find Cutwell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) If Mort hadn't been the main protagonist in the story who would have been your next choice for the main role and why?
Part 2) Who would you say was the main antagonist in the story and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mort's character.
1) What is implied about Mort in the beginning of the book from the conversation that his father and his uncle have about him?
2) How did Mort change from the beginning of the book compared to the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe Mort's father? Is there any indication as to what type of relationship they had?
Part 2) Speculate on the reasons why Mort's father isn't seen again.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)