|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mort make Curtwell since they are in their own reality?
2. What does Keli say about the arrow that Cutwell shot at Mort?
3. What feeling does Death get when he fails at walking through a wall?
4. What does Ysabell tell Mort and Albert?
5. What does Death tell Mort that he must do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mort realize when Cutwell is showing him the book on magic?
2. Explain how Mort gets the information he needs from Albert.
3. What does Cutwell explain is the reason that Mort can walk through walls?
4. Explain what happens to Terpsic Mims while he is fishing.
5. Describe the conversation between Mort and Albert after Ysabell drops the book on Albert?
6. Explain what Mort and Ysabell talk about while they are in the pyramid.
7. Describe Death's new job at Harga's House of Ribs.
8. Describe the scene in which Death arrives home to find Mort, Ysabell, Cutwell, and Princess Keli in his home.
9. What does Albert decide after having returned to the Unseen University?
10. Describe the scene at the Unseen University when Albert returns from the tavern.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Speculate on the reasons that Death adopted Ysabell.
Part 2) Why did Death allow Albert to become his servant?
Part 3) How is this significant when paired with the fact that Death is willing to send everyone else to Oblivion for interfering with fate?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What role does love play in the story? Explain the importance of love.
Part 2) Why did Mort choose to marry Ysabell rather than Princess Keli?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What role does magic play in the story?
Part 2) Death says that what he does isn't magic? Describe what it is that Death does and why he can walk through walls.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)