|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mort say he knows he is going mad when they get to Sto Lat?
2. How old does Cutwell say he is when the princess calls him old?
3. What does Death tell Mort that he must do?
4. What does Cutwell explain when Keli refuses to leave with Mort on his horse?
5. What references does Mort find that let him know that this is in fact Albert's life history?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Mort and Ysabell talk about while they are in the pyramid.
2. What does Albert decide after having returned to the Unseen University?
3. Explain what happens to Terpsic Mims while he is fishing.
4. Describe Death's new job at Harga's House of Ribs.
5. Describe the last scene in the story and how Mort and Death part ways.
6. What does Albert do after Ysabell and Mort leave?
7. Describe the scene at the Unseen University when Albert returns from the tavern.
8. What does Mort realize when Cutwell is showing him the book on magic?
9. Describe what happens when Mort reaches the palace in Sto Lat.
10. What happens to Mort when someone begins the Rite of AshkEnte?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What is the significance of the pearl that Death gives Mort?
Part 2) What would you feel would have been a more appropriate wedding gift?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe the wizards at the Unseen University.
Part 2) How do these wizards compare with Albert?
Part 3) How does Albert's life as a servant compare with how he acts when he returns to the Unseen University? Speculate on the reasons for this change.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story based on the thought that the Pearl that Death gave to Mort becomes a reality in its own.
Part 1) What characters take part in this story and why?
Part 2) What is this new reality like?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)