|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mort begins thinking about the fact that Death doesn't have a reason to be late what does Mort realize about Death?
2. What answer does Terpsic receive when he asks why he was saved?
3. How much time does Albert say he has left if he returns to the world?
4. What reason does Mort give Albert to help them?
5. What does Cutwell say about gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Albert do after Ysabell and Mort leave?
2. What happens to Mort when someone begins the Rite of AshkEnte?
3. What happens when Death is rolling dice with Wa?
4. Explain how Mort gets the information he needs from Albert.
5. What happens at the Unseen University when they perform the Rite of AshkEnte?
6. Describe what happens when Mort and Ysabell go to find the book of Albert's life.
7. Describe the conversation between Mort and Albert after Ysabell drops the book on Albert?
8. What does Ysabell explain about the nodes?
9. Describe the food in Ankh-Morpork.
10. What does Cutwell explain about the gods and the way that he has been trying to help the princess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What different methods does the author use to convey humor in the story?
Part 2) What would you have done differently if you had been writing Mort? What would you have omitted and why?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why does no one call Mort by his name?
Part 2) Why does Mort continue to fight against the fact that no one can remember his name?
Part 3) Why is it important that Mort continues to correct everyone that calls him something other than Mort?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mort's character.
1) What is implied about Mort in the beginning of the book from the conversation that his father and his uncle have about him?
2) How did Mort change from the beginning of the book compared to the end of the book?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)