|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Keli puts the crossbow down on the table?
(a) It goes off and flies through Mort.
(b) It shoots one of the guards.
(c) It falls to the floor and zings around the room several times before hitting the royal dog.
(d) It shoots Cutwell.
2. What does Mort answer when Ysabell says that Mort isn't Death?
(a) That is all changing.
(b) Death is only a perspective.
(c) Death is whoever does Death's job.
(d) Death is as Death does.
3. What do the wizards decide they will do when they rebuild Albert's statue?
(a) Put it on top of the highest tower.
(b) Lock it away in the cellar.
(c) Make it without eyes so it won't get offended.
(d) Make it much smaller.
4. What does Ysabell explain about the way the first of Albert's volumes was written?
(a) They use only symbols.
(b) It is in runes and scribes.
(c) It is in a different language.
(d) They are written in Old.
5. What had Cutwell been using as a bookmark in his book?
(a) A magic ribbon.
(b) A slice of cheese.
(c) A piece of bacon.
(d) An old chicken bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Wa's boys explain happened to the last wizard that tried to get rich on their game?
2. What does Ysabell tell Mort when he says he has finished his apprenticeship?
3. What does Albert see in Mort's eyes that frightens him that is different from Death's eyes?
4. What are the impressive words that Curtwell says while crowning Keli queen?
5. What does Mort say when Ysabell asks if a plan has presented itself to Mort?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ysabell explain about the nodes?
2. Describe Harga's House of Ribs.
3. Describe what happens when Mort and Ysabell go to find the book of Albert's life.
4. What does Mort realize when Cutwell is showing him the book on magic?
5. Describe what happens when Mort reaches the palace in Sto Lat.
6. What is Cutwell able to tell Mort about the dome that is shrinking down around the palace?
7. Explain how Mort gets the information he needs from Albert.
8. Describe the food in Ankh-Morpork.
9. Describe the last scene in the story and how Mort and Death part ways.
10. What does Albert do after Ysabell and Mort leave?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)