|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mort see when he looks in Death's empty eye sockets?
(b) Two blue stars.
(c) Souls of the departed.
(d) A wide array of far off visions.
2. What does Mort give Binky once he is through the wall?
(a) A handful of hay.
(b) A sugar cube.
(c) A pat on the head.
(d) A note to take to Death.
3. What does the man ask when Mort asks if he dies often?
(a) A fair bit.
(b) I can't remember.
(c) This is the first.
(d) Every year it seems like.
4. What does Death say he is in town looking for?
(a) A man who is about to choke on a piece of meat pie.
(b) An apprentice.
(c) An orphanage is about to catch on fire.
(d) A old wizard came into town and is about out of time.
5. What would the monks yell when someone got close to their holy temple?
(a) Remove your shoes... they make too much noise.
(b) We don't want whatever you are selling.
(c) Call out various names.
(d) Keep the bloody noise down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mort notice when Death walks through a crowd?
2. What does Mort hear that makes him feel rather homesick?
3. What is the witch, Goodie Hamstring, doing when Mort enters?
4. What are the items called that pour the moments of every living person's life from the future into the past?
5. Where does Mort go on his day off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes have taken place in Mort that are described when Mort first walks into the tavern?
2. Describe what Mort asks Death for and what Death's response is.
3. Who is the second person that Mort retrieves?
4. Describe the scene while Princess Keli is laying in bed listening to sounds not being made.
5. Describe what Albert says about his life before he came to live with Death.
6. Describe the barrier wall that reality is creating because of Mort's interaction.
7. Describe what is going through Mort's mind when he first wakes up in Death's home.
8. What does Mort do while shoveling manure?
9. Explain who the Listeners are.
10. Describe what Mort and Ysabell tell each other on the way to the pond.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)