|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Keli's experience that gives her a problem with the door knocker?
(a) She isn't used to doors talking.
(b) She had been bitten once by a door.
(c) Different magical lands lay on the other side of talking doors.
(d) Doors ususally open themselves.
2. What is scumble said to be mainly made of?
(a) Possibly the fat of a rancid hog.
(b) Various fruits.
(c) No one is certain.
3. What does Ysabell explain that everything in Death's home is?
(a) Made by the Creator.
(b) A copy of something.
(c) There simply to amuse Ysabel.
(d) His own unique creation.
4. What does Lezek seem to believe that Death's occupation is?
(d) Some sort of medical profession.
5. Who does Goodie leave directions with regarding her personal belongings?
(a) Her cat.
(b) An imaginary friend.
(c) Her apprentice.
(d) Her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the monks yell when someone got close to their holy temple?
2. What does Lezek say when Mort says he will be sure to write?
3. What does Cutwell explain after looking at Keli's palm?
4. Who does Goodie say that Death does like?
5. What does Mort decide he will do once he is feeling homesick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Albert and Death as seen by Mort?
2. Describe the barrier wall that reality is creating because of Mort's interaction.
3. Who is the second person that Mort retrieves?
4. What changes have taken place in Mort that are described when Mort first walks into the tavern?
5. What does Mort tell Ysabell about his trouble and what does she respond?
6. Why does Lezek decide to take his son to town to become an apprentice?
7. What does Death explain to Mort about interfering in the natural course of events?
8. What does Mort do while shoveling manure?
9. Describe what happens when Mort is with Death as the king is about to be assassinated.
10. Describe what Albert says about his life before he came to live with Death.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)