|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs Mma Ramotswe about the dogs next door?
2. What is always going wrong at the orphan farm?
3. Who runs the Scottish Hospital at Molepolole?
4. What language does Mma Potokwane use with Mataila?
5. What type of visitor does Mma Potokwane not like to receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this actually reflect on Mma Ramotswe?
2. How do the two different investigations parallel?
3. What is the significance of the bride's father being named?
4. What is the significance of Patricia's beauty?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe's task compare to Mma Makutsi's?
6. How does Chapter 17 start?
7. How does the story of the Governmant Man progress?
8. How does Chapter 10 start?
9. What connection is there to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
10. Does Mma Makutsi parallel this deceit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the Governmant Man is arrogant? How does this impact on his relationship with his family?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the narrative's chronological setting. What were the main concerns during this period? How does the author express these concerns? What would change if the narrative were set today?
Essay Topic 3
If the book were being made into a film, how could McCall Smith's literary style be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)