|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Mma Potokwane use with Mataila?
2. What is Mma Potokwane's weapon?
3. What characteristic does give Mma Potokwane give Motholeli?
4. What had never happened before to a child?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe see around everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Mma Ramotswe's nostalgia?
2. How does the story of the Governmant Man progress?
3. What opinion on morality between genders is implied?
4. How does Chapter 10 start?
5. Does the narrative suggest deceit as a tactic?
6. How do the characters view the past?
7. How does Mma Ramotswe's task compare to Mma Makutsi's?
8. What is on Mma Makutsi's mind at the end of chapter 15?
9. What is the relationship between compassion and morality here?
10. How does the narrative imply that Motholeli is beautiful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Mma Ramotswe suggest has influenced her life? What characters does she mention and why?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the narrative's chronological setting. What were the main concerns during this period? How does the author express these concerns? What would change if the narrative were set today?
Essay Topic 3
How does McCall Smith depict the Botswana society in the book? How does today's society view McCall Smith's depiction of Africa? Do you think his portrayal is accurate?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)