|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mma Potokwane's weapon?
2. How do the rains look this year?
3. Who does Mma Ramotswe learn everyone dislikes?
4. Who claims the credit for building Botswana?
5. What did the Government instruct people to do during the last bad drought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is on Mma Makutsi's mind at the end of chapter 15?
2. How does the story of the Governmant Man progress?
3. What is the significance of the scorpion story?
4. Does Mma Makutsi parallel this deceit?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe's task compare to Mma Makutsi's?
6. What opinion on morality between genders is implied?
7. How does Mma Ramotswe use her discretion?
8. How do the two different investigations parallel?
9. What is the significance of Patricia's beauty?
10. What happens in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Mma Ramotswe suggest has influenced her life? What characters does she mention and why?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Mma Ramotswe has differing rapport with each of the characters she encounters. Who does she like and why? Who does she not like and why?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)