|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do chefs wear in Gaborone?
(a) White stockings.
(b) White socks.
(c) White hats.
(d) White sweatbands.
2. What is always going wrong at the orphan farm?
(a) The gas stove.
(c) The orphans running away.
(d) The bathroom plumbing.
3. What will the sun do when it rises?
(a) Understate the sky.
(b) Dry the painting.
(c) Distill the land.
(d) Coarsen the world.
4. Who claims the credit for building Botswana?
(a) The housemothers.
(b) The business owners.
(c) The police.
(d) The politicians.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe give the Bushman?
(b) Her flask of tea.
(c) Egg sandwiches.
(d) Cooked rodents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a poisoner usually like?
2. What do Motswana always like?
3. What did Samuel's father give him for Gaborone?
4. What language does Mma Potokwane use with Mataila?
5. What might prevent Motholeli from having children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Mma Ramotswe's surge of grief?
2. What connection is there to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
3. What evidence is there of the theme of compassion?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe's task compare to Mma Makutsi's?
5. How does the story of the Governmant Man progress?
6. What happens in Chapter 9?
7. What similar technique is used by both women?
8. What is the significance of the scorpion story?
9. How do the characters view the past?
10. How does Chapter 10 start?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)