|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What needs its brakes constantly checked at the orphan farm?
(a) The scooter.
(b) The tractor.
(c) The borehole pump.
(d) The minibus.
2. What is the boy named Mataila?
(a) It is the name of his mother.
(b) It is the name of his father.
(c) The boy does not know his name.
(d) Mataila means orphan in Botswana.
3. How large was Obed Ramotswe's herd?
(a) Two thousand cattle.
(b) Five or six thousand cattle.
(c) Ten or twenty cattle.
(d) Only sixty cattle.
4. Why was marriage once a trap for women?
(a) Women had all the duties.
(b) Women had all the rights.
(c) Men would cage up their wives.
(d) Men had all the duties.
5. What do Motswana always like?
(a) Dried beef.
(d) Heavy flooding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the cook poisoning the family?
2. What does Mr Potolani do with the profit from his stores?
3. Who do we need according to the old Kgatla saying?
4. What did Samuel's father give him for Gaborone?
5. What does drought mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the narrative similarly imply that Mma Makutsi is beautiful?
2. What is the relationship between compassion and morality here?
3. What evidence is there of the theme of compassion?
4. How does Chapter 10 start?
5. Does Mma Makutsi parallel this deceit?
6. How does this actually reflect on Mma Ramotswe?
7. What opinion on morality between genders is implied?
8. How does Mma Ramotswe use her discretion?
9. What happens in Chapter 9?
10. What is the significance of Patricia's beauty?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)