|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Botswana always?
2. Who does Motholeli help by nature?
(a) People in wheelchairs.
(b) People in crutches.
(c) Those younger than her.
(d) Those older than her.
3. Why is the cook not contented?
(a) His mother-in-law is not contented.
(b) He wants to work with cattle.
(c) He would rather be playing golf.
(d) His wife is not contented.
4. What could Samuel remember as a boy?
(a) The age of all the people in his village.
(b) The names of all the countries of the world.
(c) The names of all the cattle in his village.
(d) The names of all the leaders of Botswana.
5. How do women acquire respect in a tribal marriage?
(a) By asking for it.
(b) By paying for it with money.
(c) By bearing daughters.
(d) By getting older.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Mma Kerileng seen Mma Ramotswe before?
2. What is the child eating?
3. Why does nothing ever happen in the cook's village?
4. What had never happened before to a child?
5. What is important to have peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection is there to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
2. What is on Mma Makutsi's mind at the end of chapter 15?
3. What is the significance of Mma Ramotswe's surge of grief?
4. What evidence is there of the theme of compassion?
5. What is the significance of Mma Ramotswe's nostalgia?
6. How do the characters view the past?
7. How does Chapter 17 start?
8. What is the significance of the scorpion story?
9. Does the narrative suggest deceit as a tactic?
10. How does Chapter 10 start?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)