|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Mma Kerileng seen Mma Ramotswe before?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) On the street,
(c) At the local shop.
(d) On the television.
2. Which smell does Mma Ramotswe find marvelous?
(a) Wood smoke.
(b) The smell of boiling onion soup.
(c) The smell of dust and earth.
(d) The bush in the rain.
3. Who does Mma Ramotswe learn everyone dislikes?
(a) The younger brother's wife.
(b) The wicked old woman.
(c) The farm's chef.
(d) The Government Man.
4. What needs its brakes constantly checked at the orphan farm?
(a) The minibus.
(b) The scooter.
(c) The tractor.
(d) The borehole pump.
5. Why does nothing ever happen in the cook's village?
(a) The people never make a fuss.
(b) The people shout all the time.
(c) The village has a very strict police force.
(d) The village is too big.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do chefs wear in Gaborone?
2. Why is the cook poisoning the family?
3. What provides music inside Mma Ramotswe's van?
4. What is the tureen made from?
5. What did the Government instruct people to do during the last bad drought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between compassion and morality here?
2. What happens in Chapter 9?
3. How does Mma Ramotswe's task compare to Mma Makutsi's?
4. What similar technique is used by both women?
5. What is the significance of the scorpion story?
6. What is on Mma Makutsi's mind at the end of chapter 15?
7. Does the narrative similarly imply that Mma Makutsi is beautiful?
8. What is the significance of Mma Ramotswe's surge of grief?
9. How does Chapter 10 start?
10. Does Mma Makutsi parallel this deceit?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)