|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of visitor does Mma Potokwane not like to receive?
(a) People who are impolite.
(b) Dishonest people.
(c) Jealous people.
(d) People who interfere.
2. What did Samuel's father give him for Gaborone?
(a) A watch.
(b) A bag of food.
(d) A bus ticket.
3. What is the boy named Mataila?
(a) Mataila means orphan in Botswana.
(b) It is the name of his father.
(c) The boy does not know his name.
(d) It is the name of his mother.
4. What does Mma Ramotswe see around everything?
(c) A cloud of dust.
(d) A white halo.
5. What needs its brakes constantly checked at the orphan farm?
(a) The minibus.
(b) The tractor.
(c) The scooter.
(d) The borehole pump.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims the credit for building Botswana?
2. Why was marriage once a trap for women?
3. What will Mma Ramotswe bring according to the young woman?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe feel about dogs?
5. What is pinned up on Mma Kerileng's notice board?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mma Makutsi parallel this deceit?
2. What is the significance of Mma Ramotswe's surge of grief?
3. What is the significance of the scorpion story?
4. What connection is there to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
5. How does this actually reflect on Mma Ramotswe?
6. How do the characters view the past?
7. What is the significance of Mma Ramotswe's nostalgia?
8. How does the narrative imply that Motholeli is beautiful?
9. What happens in Chapter 9?
10. What is the significance of the bride's father being named?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)