|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a poisoner usually like?
(a) Completely transparent.
(c) Obvious to the extreme.
(d) Extremely subtle.
2. How do women acquire respect in a tribal marriage?
(a) By paying for it with money.
(b) By bearing daughters.
(c) By asking for it.
(d) By getting older.
3. What is important to have peace?
(a) A contented wife or husband.
(b) A contented father-in-law.
(c) A well paying job.
(d) A contented mother-in-law.
4. Who runs the Scottish Hospital at Molepolole?
(a) JLB Matekoni.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) Dr Merriweather.
(d) Seretse Khama.
5. What do chefs wear in Gaborone?
(a) White sweatbands.
(b) White socks.
(c) White hats.
(d) White stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe see around everything?
2. What had never happened before to a child?
3. What does Puso drink instead of tea?
4. What might prevent Motholeli from having children?
5. Why is Botswana so dry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the bride's father being named?
2. What opinion on morality between genders is implied?
3. How does Mma Ramotswe's task compare to Mma Makutsi's?
4. Does Mma Makutsi parallel this deceit?
5. What is the significance of Patricia's beauty?
6. What connection is there to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
7. What is the relationship between compassion and morality here?
8. How does this actually reflect on Mma Ramotswe?
9. What similar technique is used by both women?
10. What evidence is there of the theme of compassion?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)