|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mma Ramotswe feel about dogs?
(a) She finds them foul smelling.
(b) She tolerates them.
(c) She adores them.
(d) She hates them with a passion.
2. What is a poisoner usually like?
(a) Obvious to the extreme.
(c) Completely transparent.
(d) Extremely subtle.
3. How do women acquire respect in a tribal marriage?
(a) By asking for it.
(b) By bearing daughters.
(c) By getting older.
(d) By paying for it with money.
4. Where has Mma Kerileng seen Mma Ramotswe before?
(a) On the street,
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) At the local shop.
(d) On the television.
5. What is the boy named Mataila?
(a) The boy does not know his name.
(b) It is the name of his father.
(c) Mataila means orphan in Botswana.
(d) It is the name of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is always going wrong at the orphan farm?
2. Why does nothing ever happen in the cook's village?
3. Who made the fruitcake?
4. Which smell does Mma Ramotswe find marvelous?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe check her shoes for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Patricia's beauty?
2. Does the narrative suggest deceit as a tactic?
3. What connection is there to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
4. How does this actually reflect on Mma Ramotswe?
5. What is the relationship between compassion and morality here?
6. What evidence is there of the theme of compassion?
7. What is the significance of Mma Ramotswe's nostalgia?
8. Does Mma Makutsi parallel this deceit?
9. How do the two different investigations parallel?
10. How does Chapter 10 start?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)