|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Puso drink instead of tea?
(a) Warm milk.
(b) Hot chocolate.
(d) Sweetened water.
2. Who does Motholeli help by nature?
(a) Those older than her.
(b) People in crutches.
(c) Those younger than her.
(d) People in wheelchairs.
3. What does Mma Ramotswe notice about the stew?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) It has a slightly metallic flavour.
(c) It is too thin.
(d) It is too cold.
4. What will the sun do when it rises?
(a) Understate the sky.
(b) Coarsen the world.
(c) Dry the painting.
(d) Distill the land.
5. Why was Mma Ramotswe frightened of the Bushman?
(a) They are twice her size.
(b) They are very slow.
(c) They carry obscure medicines.
(d) They carry arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the cook not contented?
2. Who do we need according to the old Kgatla saying?
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe like farms?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe give the Bushman?
5. What provides music inside Mma Ramotswe's van?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this actually reflect on Mma Ramotswe?
2. What connection is there to the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
3. How does the narrative imply that Motholeli is beautiful?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe's task compare to Mma Makutsi's?
5. How do the characters view the past?
6. How does Mma Ramotswe use her discretion?
7. What evidence is there of the theme of compassion?
8. What is the significance of the scorpion story?
9. What is the relationship between compassion and morality here?
10. What opinion on morality between genders is implied?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)