|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Mma Ramotswe frightened of the Bushman?
(a) They carry arrows.
(b) They carry obscure medicines.
(c) They are very slow.
(d) They are twice her size.
2. What is the child eating?
(a) Bread with syrup.
(b) Beans and pumpkin.
(d) Maize with gravy.
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe like farms?
(a) They remind her of her father.
(b) They remind her of the true values of her people.
(c) They remind her of her adulthood.
(d) They remind her of her husband.
4. What does the cattleman offer Mma Ramotswe?
(a) A lift home.
(b) One of his cattle.
(c) Dried beef.
(d) Cows milk.
5. What can't people in town usually afford?
(a) The eggs of birds.
(b) Roots from the ground.
6. What type of visitor does Mma Potokwane not like to receive?
(a) Dishonest people.
(b) People who are impolite.
(c) People who interfere.
(d) Jealous people.
7. What habit was picked up from colonial administrators?
(a) Morning breakfast.
8. What is important to have peace?
(a) A well paying job.
(b) A contented father-in-law.
(c) A contented mother-in-law.
(d) A contented wife or husband.
9. What is Mma Potokwane's weapon?
(a) A hunting rifle.
(b) A fan.
(c) A fly squatter.
(d) A shotgun.
10. Who does Motholeli help by nature?
(a) Those older than her.
(b) People in wheelchairs.
(c) People in crutches.
(d) Those younger than her.
11. Who does Mma Ramotswe learn everyone dislikes?
(a) The wicked old woman.
(b) The younger brother's wife.
(c) The Government Man.
(d) The farm's chef.
12. Why was marriage once a trap for women?
(a) Men had all the duties.
(b) Men would cage up their wives.
(c) Women had all the duties.
(d) Women had all the rights.
13. What might prevent Motholeli from having children?
(a) A lack of finances.
(b) Her dislike of children.
(c) Her bad diet.
(d) Being in a wheelchair.
14. How do the rains look this year?
(a) They will be good.
(b) It will only sprinkle.
(c) There will be a drought.
(d) There will be floods.
15. Why does nothing ever happen in the cook's village?
(a) The village has a very strict police force.
(b) The people never make a fuss.
(c) The people shout all the time.
(d) The village is too big.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the cook poisoning the family?
2. What did the Government instruct people to do during the last bad drought?
3. What will the sun do when it rises?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe notice about the stew?
5. What can be used to end a pregnancy?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)