|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can no mother dislike?
(a) Her granddaughter.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her grandson.
(d) Her son.
2. What is the boy named Mataila?
(a) It is the name of his father.
(b) The boy does not know his name.
(c) Mataila means orphan in Botswana.
(d) It is the name of his mother.
3. What does drought mean?
(a) Ripe crops.
(b) Full stomachs.
(c) Thin cattle.
(d) Fat pigs.
4. Why does Mma Ramotswe like farms?
(a) They remind her of her adulthood.
(b) They remind her of the true values of her people.
(c) They remind her of her father.
(d) They remind her of her husband.
5. Who runs the Scottish Hospital at Molepolole?
(a) Dr Merriweather.
(b) JLB Matekoni.
(c) Seretse Khama.
(d) The Bishop.
6. Who has a sweet tooth?
(b) Mma Ramotswe.
7. Why does nothing ever happen in the cook's village?
(a) The village is too big.
(b) The people never make a fuss.
(c) The people shout all the time.
(d) The village has a very strict police force.
8. Which smell does Mma Ramotswe find marvelous?
(a) The smell of boiling onion soup.
(b) The smell of dust and earth.
(c) Wood smoke.
(d) The bush in the rain.
9. What will Mma Ramotswe bring according to the young woman?
(d) Bad luck.
10. Who is the one Mma Ramotswe should watch?
(a) The boy with air in his head.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The firstborn.
(d) The cattleman.
11. What had never happened before to a child?
(a) Being locked up.
(b) Being refused food.
(c) Being refused schooling.
(d) Separation from the other children.
12. What characteristic does give Mma Potokwane give Motholeli?
(a) Extremely shy.
(b) Very brave.
(c) Always cheerful.
13. What can be used to end a pregnancy?
(a) Too much sunlight.
(c) Tree bark.
(d) Tree roots.
14. What characterizes a bad girl?
(b) Married to an older man.
(c) Working as a prostitute.
(d) Only wanting to have a good time.
15. What is the child eating?
(a) Bread with syrup.
(b) Beans and pumpkin.
(c) Maize with gravy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mma Ramotswe not care about calories?
2. Who made the fruitcake?
3. What will the sun do when it rises?
4. How do the rains look this year?
5. Why is the cook not contented?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)