|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Puso drink instead of tea?
(a) Warm milk.
(c) Sweetened water.
(d) Hot chocolate.
2. What will Mma Ramotswe bring according to the young woman?
(a) Bad luck.
3. What do Motswana always like?
(b) Dried beef.
(c) Heavy flooding.
4. What did the Government instruct people to do during the last bad drought?
(a) Slaughter their cattle.
(b) Stop drinking water.
(c) Burn their crops.
(d) Stop taking baths.
5. What kind of bull is all talk?
(a) One that does not know how to walk.
(b) One that does not fight other bulls.
(c) One that has bad shoulders.
(d) One that does not make many calves.
6. How does Mma Ramotswe feel about dogs?
(a) She tolerates them.
(b) She finds them foul smelling.
(c) She hates them with a passion.
(d) She adores them.
7. What is the tureen made from?
(a) Maize meal.
(b) Meat stew.
(c) Steaming pumpkin.
(d) Beans and other greens.
8. How do the rains look this year?
(a) There will be a drought.
(b) There will be floods.
(c) It will only sprinkle.
(d) They will be good.
9. What disturbs Mma Ramotswe about the dogs next door?
(a) Their large teeth.
(b) Their smell.
(c) Their howling.
(d) They scare away birds.
10. What can no mother dislike?
(a) Her granddaughter.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her grandson.
11. What characterizes a bad girl?
(a) Married to an older man.
(b) Only wanting to have a good time.
(c) Working as a prostitute.
12. Why was marriage once a trap for women?
(a) Men would cage up their wives.
(b) Women had all the duties.
(c) Women had all the rights.
(d) Men had all the duties.
13. What does Mma Ramotswe notice about the stew?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It has a slightly metallic flavour.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) It is too thin.
14. What do foreigners learn about Botswana when they criticize someone?
(a) It is not uncommon for foreigners to be executed for rudeness.
(b) It is illegal to criticize someone from Botswana.
(c) Absolutely nothing.
(d) That everyone is a distant cousin of each other.
15. What can't people in town usually afford?
(c) The eggs of birds.
(d) Roots from the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mma Ramotswe not care about calories?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe give the Bushman?
3. What sign do secrets leave on the face?
4. What is a poisoner usually like?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe check her shoes for?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)