|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can no mother dislike?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her granddaughter.
(c) Her grandson.
(d) Her daughter.
2. What does Mr Potolani do with the profit from his stores?
(a) He gives most of it away.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He saves most of it in the bank.
(d) He buys more stores.
3. What does Puso drink instead of tea?
(a) Warm milk.
(c) Sweetened water.
(d) Hot chocolate.
4. Why is Mma Ramotswe surprised that the cook left Gaborone?
(a) There is more work for a cook there.
(b) He would of had access to better cooking utensils there.
(c) He would have been better fed there.
(d) He would have been paid more there.
5. Which smell does Mma Ramotswe find marvelous?
(a) Wood smoke.
(b) The bush in the rain.
(c) The smell of dust and earth.
(d) The smell of boiling onion soup.
6. Why does Mma Ramotswe not care about calories?
(a) Rra likes bigger women.
(b) She works really hard.
(c) She has a fast metabolism.
(d) She is traditionally built.
7. What do you not do as the guest of a house?
(a) Soil the bed.
(c) Go in under false colors.
(d) Tell them why you are there.
8. What characterizes a bad girl?
(a) Married to an older man.
(b) Working as a prostitute.
(c) Only wanting to have a good time.
9. What is pinned up on Mma Kerileng's notice board?
(a) Pictures drawn by the children.
(b) Old family photographs.
(c) A shopping list.
(d) Traditional Botswana artwork.
10. Why is Botswana so dry?
(a) Rain evaporates before it hits the ground.
(b) God decided it would be.
(c) They use too much water.
(d) They ship all their water overseas.
11. How do women acquire respect in a tribal marriage?
(a) By bearing daughters.
(b) By asking for it.
(c) By getting older.
(d) By paying for it with money.
12. What does the cattleman offer Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Cows milk.
(b) Dried beef.
(c) A lift home.
(d) One of his cattle.
13. What is the Botswana always?
14. What sign do secrets leave on the face?
15. Who does Mma Ramotswe learn everyone dislikes?
(a) The farm's chef.
(b) The wicked old woman.
(c) The younger brother's wife.
(d) The Government Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Mma Ramotswe bring according to the young woman?
2. What had never happened before to a child?
3. What do most husbands do?
4. What language does Mma Potokwane use with Mataila?
5. Why are the orphans usually brought to the farm?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)