|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Government instruct people to do during the last bad drought?
(a) Burn their crops.
(b) Stop drinking water.
(c) Slaughter their cattle.
(d) Stop taking baths.
2. What is the Botswana always?
3. What had never happened before to a child?
(a) Separation from the other children.
(b) Being locked up.
(c) Being refused food.
(d) Being refused schooling.
4. What might prevent Motholeli from having children?
(a) Her bad diet.
(b) Being in a wheelchair.
(c) A lack of finances.
(d) Her dislike of children.
5. Who made the fruitcake?
(a) The senior girls of the farm.
(b) The housemothers.
(c) Mma Potokwane.
(d) The younger orphans.
6. What is a poisoner usually like?
(a) Extremely subtle.
(c) Completely transparent.
(d) Obvious to the extreme.
7. Why does nothing ever happen in the cook's village?
(a) The village has a very strict police force.
(b) The people never make a fuss.
(c) The village is too big.
(d) The people shout all the time.
8. What language does Mma Potokwane use with Mataila?
9. What do Motswana always like?
(c) Heavy flooding.
(d) Dried beef.
10. What kind of bull is all talk?
(a) One that does not make many calves.
(b) One that has bad shoulders.
(c) One that does not fight other bulls.
(d) One that does not know how to walk.
11. Which smell does Mma Ramotswe find marvelous?
(a) The smell of dust and earth.
(b) Wood smoke.
(c) The bush in the rain.
(d) The smell of boiling onion soup.
12. What characteristic does give Mma Potokwane give Motholeli?
(b) Always cheerful.
(c) Very brave.
(d) Extremely shy.
13. Why was marriage once a trap for women?
(a) Men had all the duties.
(b) Women had all the rights.
(c) Women had all the duties.
(d) Men would cage up their wives.
14. What does drought mean?
(a) Ripe crops.
(b) Fat pigs.
(c) Thin cattle.
(d) Full stomachs.
15. Who has a sweet tooth?
(c) Mma Ramotswe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign do secrets leave on the face?
2. What do foreigners learn about Botswana when they criticize someone?
3. What do chefs wear in Gaborone?
4. How do women acquire respect in a tribal marriage?
5. Who runs the Scottish Hospital at Molepolole?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)