|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the orphans usually brought to the farm?
(a) Their father has died.
(b) Their mother has died.
(c) Their family have abused them.
(d) Their family has abandoned them.
2. What is pinned up on Mma Kerileng's notice board?
(a) Traditional Botswana artwork.
(b) Pictures drawn by the children.
(c) Old family photographs.
(d) A shopping list.
3. What can no mother dislike?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her granddaughter.
(d) Her grandson.
4. What did Samuel's father give him for Gaborone?
(a) A bag of food.
(b) A bus ticket.
(c) A watch.
5. What will Mma Ramotswe bring according to the young woman?
(d) Bad luck.
6. Who suffers under the modern notion of marriage in Botswana?
(a) The men.
(b) The women.
(c) The children.
(d) The unborn.
7. Who claims the credit for building Botswana?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The police.
(c) The business owners.
(d) The housemothers.
8. Who has a sweet tooth?
(b) Mma Ramotswe.
9. What habit was picked up from colonial administrators?
(a) Morning breakfast.
10. What does Mr Potolani do with the profit from his stores?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He buys more stores.
(c) He saves most of it in the bank.
(d) He gives most of it away.
11. How does Mma Ramotswe feel about dogs?
(a) She tolerates them.
(b) She adores them.
(c) She finds them foul smelling.
(d) She hates them with a passion.
12. What was the first job Samuel found in Gaborone?
(d) Construction worker.
13. What do you not do as the guest of a house?
(a) Tell them why you are there.
(b) Go in under false colors.
(c) Soil the bed.
14. What is the Botswana always?
15. Where has Mma Kerileng seen Mma Ramotswe before?
(a) On the television.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) On the street,
(d) At the local shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the fruitcake?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe give the Bushman?
3. What did the Government instruct people to do during the last bad drought?
4. What do foreigners learn about Botswana when they criticize someone?
5. What provides music inside Mma Ramotswe's van?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)