|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes a bad girl?
(a) Married to an older man.
(b) Working as a prostitute.
(c) Only wanting to have a good time.
2. How large was Obed Ramotswe's herd?
(a) Five or six thousand cattle.
(b) Only sixty cattle.
(c) Two thousand cattle.
(d) Ten or twenty cattle.
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe like farms?
(a) They remind her of the true values of her people.
(b) They remind her of her adulthood.
(c) They remind her of her father.
(d) They remind her of her husband.
4. What is the tureen made from?
(a) Beans and other greens.
(b) Meat stew.
(c) Maize meal.
(d) Steaming pumpkin.
5. Why was marriage once a trap for women?
(a) Women had all the rights.
(b) Women had all the duties.
(c) Men had all the duties.
(d) Men would cage up their wives.
6. What kind of bull is all talk?
(a) One that does not fight other bulls.
(b) One that does not make many calves.
(c) One that does not know how to walk.
(d) One that has bad shoulders.
7. Who suffers under the modern notion of marriage in Botswana?
(a) The women.
(b) The children.
(c) The unborn.
(d) The men.
8. How do the rains look this year?
(a) There will be floods.
(b) They will be good.
(c) There will be a drought.
(d) It will only sprinkle.
9. Where has Mma Kerileng seen Mma Ramotswe before?
(a) At the local shop.
(b) On the television.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) On the street,
10. What is important to have peace?
(a) A contented wife or husband.
(b) A contented mother-in-law.
(c) A contented father-in-law.
(d) A well paying job.
11. Who has a sweet tooth?
(a) Mma Ramotswe.
12. What is pinned up on Mma Kerileng's notice board?
(a) Old family photographs.
(b) Pictures drawn by the children.
(c) Traditional Botswana artwork.
(d) A shopping list.
13. What does Mma Ramotswe notice about the stew?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It is too thin.
(d) It has a slightly metallic flavour.
14. What does Mr Potolani do with the profit from his stores?
(a) He saves most of it in the bank.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He buys more stores.
(d) He gives most of it away.
15. What might prevent Motholeli from having children?
(a) Her dislike of children.
(b) Her bad diet.
(c) Being in a wheelchair.
(d) A lack of finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign do secrets leave on the face?
2. Why would the children be unable to go back to the bush?
3. What can't people in town usually afford?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe feel about dogs?
5. What language does Mma Potokwane use with Mataila?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)