|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
2. Natalya insists in Act 3, Part 3, that Rakitin say nothing about her to whom?
3. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
4. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
5. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship of Katya and Matvey and how it parallels the relationships of other characters.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Turgenev uses minor characters for comic relief in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of fruit in the play, and offer at least one other example of an object that has some significance.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)