|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
2. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
3. Which character has a flower pinned to his suit in Act 5, Part 1?
4. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
5. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of jealousy in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Contrast Natalya's "cunning" with Beliayev's honesty and straightforward demeanor.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Natalya's thoughts about Beliayev in Act 1 with her thoughts about him in Act 5. How has her perception of him changed?
This section contains 122 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)