|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
2. Whom does Shpigelski describe as "a little cooing dove"?
3. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
4. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
5. Who has to confess a secret in Act 5, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship of Katya and Matvey and how it parallels the relationships of other characters.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of fruit in the play, and offer at least one other example of an object that has some significance.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the significance of Katya and Anna in propelling the plot forward.
This section contains 138 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)