|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
2. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
3. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
4. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
5. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Turgenev uses minor characters for comic relief in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of fruit in the play, and offer at least one other example of an object that has some significance.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship of Katya and Matvey and how it parallels the relationships of other characters.
This section contains 126 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)