|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to see Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2?
2. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
3. As Shpigelski states, "too much knowledge bringeth" what?
4. What causes Natalya to declare her love to Beliayev?
5. Vera accuses which character of being "cunning"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of jealousy in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of Katya and the setting in which she has a modicum of control.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Turgenev uses minor characters for comic relief in the play.
This section contains 108 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)