|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Natalya intend to marry Vera?
2. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
3. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
4. In Act 3, Part 2, Natalya pretends to be what relation to Vera?
5. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of youth versus old age, including specific examples of its occurrence in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Contrast Natalya's "cunning" with Beliayev's honesty and straightforward demeanor.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in the play, using specific examples from the text.
This section contains 118 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)