|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Beliayev and Natalya discuss in Act 4, Part 3, when does Beliayev plan to leave?
2. In Act 3, Part 3, Beliayev asserts that he is not in love with whom?
3. Natalya insists in Act 3, Part 3, that Rakitin say nothing about her to whom?
4. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
5. Vera accuses which character of being "cunning"?
Essay Topic 1
List all the characters who choose to leave Natalya's household and why. What effect will this exodus have on the characters who remain in the household?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of jealousy in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of fruit in the play, and offer at least one other example of an object that has some significance.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)