|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Liza have?
2. What causes Natalya to declare her love to Beliayev?
3. Natalya insists in Act 3, Part 3, that Rakitin say nothing about her to whom?
4. How does Vera respond to finding out who wants to marry her?
5. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in the play, using specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How are characters' alliances formed and broken during the play? Who normally allies with whom? How do unusual pairings affect events? Explain, defending your position with specific evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
List all the characters who choose to leave Natalya's household and why. What effect will this exodus have on the characters who remain in the household?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)