|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kneels in front of Vera in Act 5, Part 2?
2. In Act 5, Part 1, who communicates by sighing?
3. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
4. In Act 3, Part 3, Natalya insists that she is not "annoyed" with Beliayev but rather what?
5. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Natalya's thoughts about Beliayev in Act 1 with her thoughts about him in Act 5. How has her perception of him changed?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship of Katya and Matvey and how it parallels the relationships of other characters.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail how Natalya's fickleness regarding Bolshintsov and Vera affects the course of events.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)