|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Islayev describe as "an absolutely splendid man"?
2. Who wants to see Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2?
3. Who asks Beliayev's forgiveness in Act 4, Part 2?
4. Who kneels in front of Vera in Act 5, Part 2?
5. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in the play, using specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship of Katya and Matvey and how it parallels the relationships of other characters.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail how Natalya's fickleness regarding Bolshintsov and Vera affects the course of events.
This section contains 119 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)