|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Part 2, Natalya pretends to be what relation to Vera?
2. Who is wearing a new suit in Act 5, Part 2?
3. What is Beliayev wearing in Act 4, Part 3?
4. In Act 3, Part 3, Beliayev asserts that he is not in love with whom?
5. How much money does Liza have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of soliloquy in the play and how it affects readers' knowledge of events.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the significance of Katya and Anna in propelling the plot forward.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Natalya's thoughts about Beliayev in Act 1 with her thoughts about him in Act 5. How has her perception of him changed?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)