|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
2. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
3. Within how much time does Liza plan to respond to Shpigelski's proposal?
4. In Act 3, Part 3, Beliayev asserts that he is not in love with whom?
5. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Shpigelski's behavior around his patients, particularly the wealthy patients such as Natalya, with his perception of himself, as stated to Liza in Act 4.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of youth versus old age, including specific examples of its occurrence in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in the play, using specific examples from the text.
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)