|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
2. For whom is Katya waiting in the beginning of Act 4, Part 1?
3. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
4. Who received a note from Natalya written in pencil?
5. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are characters' alliances formed and broken during the play? Who normally allies with whom? How do unusual pairings affect events? Explain, defending your position with specific evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Islayev and Anna are so upset and confused when they see Natalya crying with Rakitin.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Rakitin's willingness to help Shpigelski match Vera and Bolshintsov with his willingness to help Natalya overcome her infatuation with Beliayev.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)