|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
2. In Act 3, Part 3, Beliayev asserts that he is not in love with whom?
3. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
4. What is Beliayev wearing in Act 4, Part 3?
5. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of fruit in the play, and offer at least one other example of an object that has some significance.
Essay Topic 2
How are characters' alliances formed and broken during the play? Who normally allies with whom? How do unusual pairings affect events? Explain, defending your position with specific evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of jealousy in the play.
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)