|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
2. In Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev give Katya?
3. Which character picked Vera a flower?
4. Who does Shpigelski state is "soft putty"?
5. About which plant does Katya make a comment to herself in Act 4, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rakitin's willingness to help Shpigelski match Vera and Bolshintsov with his willingness to help Natalya overcome her infatuation with Beliayev.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Turgenev uses minor characters for comic relief in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Contrast Natalya's "cunning" with Beliayev's honesty and straightforward demeanor.
This section contains 132 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)