|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character picked Vera a flower?
2. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
3. What caused Natalya and Beliayev not to be friends previously?
4. In Act 3, Part 2, Natalya pretends to be what relation to Vera?
5. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of jealousy in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of Katya and the setting in which she has a modicum of control.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Turgenev uses minor characters for comic relief in the play.
This section contains 128 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)