|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to teach Kolya to swim?
2. Who sings a song in Act 2, Part 1?
3. Which character does Rakitin love?
4. For what does Kolya request some glue?
5. As Natalya states in Act 2, Part 2, "there's nothing more depressing than gloomy" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Natalya ask Rakitin's help in Act 3, Part 1? How does Rakitin respond?
2. Describe the difference between Rakitin's and Islayev's plans for Rakitin to leave.
3. Describe the setting of Act 4, Part 1, and how the characters use it.
4. Describe the progress of the game that Schaaf, Anna, and Liza are playing.
5. Describe Beliayev's opinion of writers.
6. Summarize Beliayev's response to Natalya's revelation that Vera is in love with him.
7. Why does Katya insist that Beliayev take all her raspberries?
8. Why is Rakitin reading The Count of Monte Cristo aloud?
9. Describe Beliayev, according to Natalya's report in Act 1, Part 1.
10. In Act 3, Part 3, why does Rakitin beg Islayev and Anna to leave Natalya alone for the moment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Natalya's thoughts about Beliayev in Act 1 with her thoughts about him in Act 5. How has her perception of him changed?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Rakitin's willingness to help Shpigelski match Vera and Bolshintsov with his willingness to help Natalya overcome her infatuation with Beliayev.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the passageway and the type of events that occur there.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)