|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 1, Rakitin states that Natalya is like what kind of animal?
(a) A bear.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
2. What is one of Shpigelski's vices?
3. Whom does Natalya call "a great cynic"?
4. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
5. Who is Schaaf's partner in the card game?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character claims to be a "practical sort of person"?
2. What time is dinnertime in Natalya's household?
3. What is Beliayev's favorite part of a newspaper?
4. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
5. For what does Kolya request some glue?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Shpigelski ask Rakitin's help? Why?
2. Describe Rakitin's plan for solving Natalya's predicament regarding Beliayev.
3. For what does Natalya ask Rakitin's help in Act 3, Part 1? How does Rakitin respond?
4. Why does Rakitin mention Beliayev's new coat in Act 5, Part 2?
5. Why did Islayev never previously intervene in the relationship between Natalya and Rakitin?
6. What caused Vera to realize that Natalya is in love with Beliayev? Explain.
7. According to Act 4, Part 3, what is Beliayev's reason for not having been personable with Natalya previously?
8. What is the advice Shpigelski gives Bolshintsov regarding wooing women?
9. Explain what Rakitin means by this line: "What does all this mean? Is it the beginning of the end, or the end itself? [...] Or is it the beginning, perhaps?"
10. Why is Islayev surprised to find Natalya and Rakitin in the hallway in Act 4, Part 3?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)