|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Rakitin call a "stupid, fat, lumbering man"?
(b) The coachman.
2. What was Dufour's country of origin?
3. How much money does the loser owe the winner of the game in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) 70 kopecks.
(b) 40 kopecks.
(c) 150 kopecks.
(d) 20 kopecks.
4. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) Jane Eyre.
5. Who teaches Kolya's piano lesson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Natalya's relatives call her?
2. Whom does Natalya accuse of being "mysterious"?
3. Which character does Shpigelski call grandmother?
4. Natalya believes that she and Rakitin are old in comparison to whom?
5. Who is going to teach Kolya to swim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Natalya and Rakitin resolve to "educate" Beliayev?
2. Describe Natalya's childhood.
3. For what does Natalya ask Rakitin's help in Act 3, Part 1? How does Rakitin respond?
4. For what does Shpigelski ask Rakitin's help? Why?
5. Why does Natalya not invite Shpigelski, Rakitin, and Bolshintsov to go fly the kite?
6. Why does Natalya insist in Act 3, Part 2, that Vera imagine her as a sister?
7. How does Shpigelski's song at the end of Act 4, Part 1 relate to Natalya's problem with Beliayev and Vera?
8. What does Katya think about the possible marriage of Shpigelski and Liza?
9. According to his soliloquy in Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev think about the events that have transpired with Natalya and Vera?
10. In her soliloquy in the middle of Act 3, Part 3, how does Natalya assess her relationship with Rakitin and with Beliayev?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)