|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year.
(d) Five months.
2. What is Beliayev's favorite part of a newspaper?
(a) The photos.
(b) The articles.
(c) The opinion pages.
(d) The comic strips.
3. How old is Beliayev?
4. In Act 2, Part 3, which character is jealous of Natalya's affections?
5. Which female character takes snuff?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
2. How long have Rakitin and Natalya known each other?
3. Beliayev mentions that whose birthday is next week?
4. Which characters see Vera and Beliayev in the garden together in Act 2, Part 2?
5. With which character did Natalya want to talk in Act 2, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Shpigelski's assessment of whether or not Rakitin is dangerous to Natalya's family.
2. Describe the relationship between Natalya and Rakitin, as it stands in Act 1, Part 2.
3. Why does Beliayev reject Vera's suggestion that he call her Verochka?
4. Summarize Beliayev's response to Natalya's revelation that Vera is in love with him.
5. Describe what Islayev does for a living.
6. Why does Natalya suddenly seem to consider Shpigelski's matchmaking possibility at the end of Act 1, Part 3?
7. What makes Rakitin so happy in Act 1, Part 2?
8. Why does Katya insist that Beliayev take all her raspberries?
9. Why does Vera decide to marry Bolshintsov?
10. Why is Natalya astonished by the thought of her husband at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)