|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) The Three Musketeers.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
2. In Act 3, Part 1, Natalya confesses that she is infatuated with which character?
3. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
(c) "To be or not to be."
4. How much money does the loser owe the winner of the game in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) 40 kopecks.
(b) 150 kopecks.
(c) 70 kopecks.
(d) 20 kopecks.
5. In Act 3, Part 1, whose help does Shpigelski solicit in matching Bolshintsov and Vera?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
2. Which character sometimes says "bed and brutter" instead of "bread and butter"?
3. In Act 2, Part 3, which character is jealous of Natalya's affections?
4. Which name below is the name of one of the suitors in Shpigelski's story in Act 1, Part 2?
5. For what were Shpigelski and Bolshintsov supposedly searching in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Natalya and Rakitin resolve to "educate" Beliayev?
2. Describe what Islayev does for a living.
3. Why does Natalya insist to Shpigelski that Vera is still a child?
4. Describe what happens between Matvey and Katya at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1.
5. Summarize Anna's advice to Islayev, as discussed in Act 5, Part 1.
6. Describe the relationship between Natalya and Rakitin, as it stands in Act 1, Part 2.
7. Describe the difference between Rakitin's and Islayev's plans for Rakitin to leave.
8. For what does Natalya ask Rakitin's help in Act 3, Part 1? How does Rakitin respond?
9. Why does Liza say at the end of Act 5 that she, too, will be leaving?
10. How does Rakitin depict love to Beliayev in Act 5, Part 1?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)