|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which character did Natalya want to talk in Act 2, Part 2?
2. For what does Kolya request some glue?
(a) A kite.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A toy car.
(d) A stamp collection.
3. What does Natalya like about Shpigelski?
(a) His upbringing.
(b) His physique.
(c) His sharp wit.
(d) His appreciation for fine food.
4. For what were Shpigelski and Bolshintsov supposedly searching in the garden?
(c) Lillies of the Valley.
5. What did Natalya's father call her?
(a) "Russia's Aphrodite."
(b) "Florence Nightingale."
(c) "The daughter of Athena."
(d) "His Antigone."
Short Answer Questions
1. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
2. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
3. How many sisters does Beliayev have?
4. Who is Schaaf's partner in the card game?
5. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rakitin think about in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2, and what conclusions does he reach?
2. Describe Natalya's childhood.
3. When Natalya interrupts the conversation between Vera and Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2, how does she react to Vera's accusations?
4. What is the question that Natalya asks Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, and why does he spend so much time thinking about it?
5. Describe Beliayev's opinion of writers.
6. Why does Shpigelski pretend to be witty and cheerful around his patients?
7. What does Katya think about the possible marriage of Shpigelski and Liza?
8. Why does Shpigelski say that he and Bolshintsov were searching for mushrooms?
9. Why is Rakitin reading The Count of Monte Cristo aloud?
10. What is the plan that Rakitin and Beliayev have devised for leaving Natalya's household?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)