|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins most of the hands of the game in Act 1, Part 1?
2. Which character does Shpigelski call grandmother?
3. According to Shpigelski, what is the "main thing in marriage"?
(a) "Polite tolerance."
(b) "A solid character."
4. For what does Beliayev want to buy gunpowder?
(a) His cannon.
(b) Getting rid of ants.
(d) His rifle.
5. In Act 3, Part 1, Natalya confesses that she is infatuated with which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Beliayev live before coming to Natalya's house?
2. How old is Vera?
3. Who made Kolya a bow and arrows?
4. Which character sometimes says "bed and brutter" instead of "bread and butter"?
5. According to Shpigelski, "a doctor worth his salt is never" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rakitin think about in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2, and what conclusions does he reach?
2. Why does Natalya insist in Act 3, Part 2, that Vera imagine her as a sister?
3. Describe Beliayev's opinion of writers.
4. Describe what Islayev does for a living.
5. When Natalya interrupts the conversation between Vera and Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2, how does she react to Vera's accusations?
6. Describe Natalya's thoughts on youth and old age, as presented in Act 2, Part 2.
7. Why does Natalya insist to Shpigelski that Vera is still a child?
8. How does Rakitin depict love to Beliayev in Act 5, Part 1?
9. Why does Shpigelski state that he believes Natalya's level of bile is bothering her?
10. Describe Natalya's childhood.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)