|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters see Vera and Beliayev in the garden together in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Natalya and Rakitin.
(b) Katya and Matvey.
(c) Natalya and Islayev.
(d) Schaaf and Anna.
2. Rakitin states that he is "like wax in your hands" to whom?
3. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What is the name of the carpenter who is working on Islayev's project?
5. What does Beliayev intend to shoot in the garden?
(a) A woodchuck.
(b) A bird.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
2. What was Dufour's country of origin?
3. Whom does Natalya call "that village Talleyrand"?
4. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
5. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Anna's advice to Islayev, as discussed in Act 5, Part 1.
2. Describe Rakitin's plan for solving Natalya's predicament regarding Beliayev.
3. Why does Natalya not invite Shpigelski, Rakitin, and Bolshintsov to go fly the kite?
4. According to his soliloquy in Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev think about the events that have transpired with Natalya and Vera?
5. Why does Shpigelski pretend to be witty and cheerful around his patients?
6. Why is Islayev surprised to find Natalya and Rakitin in the hallway in Act 4, Part 3?
7. What is the advice Shpigelski gives Bolshintsov regarding wooing women?
8. Why does Shpigelski state that he believes Natalya's level of bile is bothering her?
9. Describe the relationship between Natalya and Rakitin, as it stands in Act 1, Part 2.
10. When Natalya interrupts the conversation between Vera and Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2, how does she react to Vera's accusations?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)