|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What did Natalya's father call her?
(a) "The daughter of Athena."
(b) "Florence Nightingale."
(c) "Russia's Aphrodite."
(d) "His Antigone."
3. What time is dinnertime in Natalya's household?
4. Who is Schaaf's partner in the card game?
5. Whom had Rakitin been visiting before coming to Natalya's house?
(c) The Krinitsins.
(d) The Verenitsins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
2. Whose illness did Shpigelski intend to treat in Act 1, Part 3?
3. How many sisters does Beliayev have?
4. Who sings a song in Act 2, Part 1?
5. According to Natalya, what is one of nature's primary characteristics?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rakitin depict love to Beliayev in Act 5, Part 1?
2. What caused Vera to realize that Natalya is in love with Beliayev? Explain.
3. Describe Beliayev, according to Natalya's report in Act 1, Part 1.
4. Describe what Islayev does for a living.
5. How does Shpigelski's song at the end of Act 4, Part 1 relate to Natalya's problem with Beliayev and Vera?
6. When Natalya interrupts the conversation between Vera and Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2, how does she react to Vera's accusations?
7. Why does Natalya believe that it's improper for Vera to be in the garden by herself with Beliayev?
8. Why does Vera decide to marry Bolshintsov?
9. Summarize Anna's advice to Islayev, as discussed in Act 5, Part 1.
10. Describe the relationship between Natalya and Rakitin, as it stands in Act 1, Part 2.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)