|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Shpigelski describe as "a little cooing dove"?
2. To whom did Natalya intend to marry Vera?
3. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
4. Who is wearing a new suit in Act 5, Part 2?
5. Which character is scared of Natalya?
6. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) "Au revoir."
(b) "I'm sorry."
(c) "Hasta mañana."
(d) "You fool!"
7. Who asks Beliayev's forgiveness in Act 4, Part 2?
8. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
9. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
10. Who is described in Act 3, Part 3, as "an honest man"?
11. Which character sings a song at the end of Act 4, Part 1?
12. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
(a) A snowstorm.
(d) A storm.
13. About which plant does Katya make a comment to herself in Act 4, Part 2?
(a) The parsley.
(b) The grass.
(c) The tomato plants.
(d) The oak trees.
14. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(a) A few days.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
15. How much money does Beliayev have?
(a) 10,000 kopecks.
(b) 20,000 kopecks.
(d) 20 kopecks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kneels in front of Vera in Act 5, Part 2?
2. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
3. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
4. To whom does Natalya say "good-bye forever" in Act 4, Part 3?
5. How old is Liza?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)