|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beliayev wearing in Act 4, Part 3?
(b) Gardening clothes.
(c) A suit.
2. In Act 3, Part 3, Beliayev asserts that he is not in love with whom?
3. What does Natalya order Vera to do in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Marry Beliayev.
(b) Marry Bolshintsov.
4. Which character speaks the line, "How odd that those who love you always want to finger your wounds"?
5. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
6. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
7. Who calls the doctor for Natalya in Act 5, Part 2?
(a) The maid.
(c) The foreman.
8. For whom is Katya waiting in the beginning of Act 4, Part 1?
9. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A sister.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A friend.
10. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
11. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
12. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
(a) A snowstorm.
(c) A storm.
13. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(b) A year.
(c) A few days.
(d) A month.
14. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) The library.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) A room overlooking the garden.
(d) Natalya's sitting room.
15. Whom does Matvey announce in Act 5, Part 1?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The foreman.
(c) The librarian.
(d) The gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to confess a secret in Act 5, Part 1?
2. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
3. Vera accuses which character of being "cunning"?
4. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
5. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)