|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character almost leaves to find and comfort Natalya in Act 3, Part 3?
2. Who does Shpigelski state is "soft putty"?
(b) A cook.
(c) A doorman.
(d) A wife.
3. Where does Beliayev plan to go after leaving Natalya's household?
(c) St. Petersburg.
4. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
5. Who visits Natalya after Vera leaves in Act 3, Part 2?
6. In Act 3, Part 3, Natalya insists that she is not "annoyed" with Beliayev but rather what?
7. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
8. Which character is scared of Natalya?
9. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
10. In Act 5, Part 1, who communicates by sighing?
11. Which character has a flower pinned to his suit in Act 5, Part 1?
12. Whom does Islayev summon in his first line in Act 5?
13. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
14. According to Liza in Act 4, Part 1, which character "took dinner alone in her room"?
15. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
(a) An orphan.
(b) A debutante.
(c) An illegitimate child.
(d) A spinster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
2. Which character states that she is "despicable in [her] own eyes too"?
3. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
4. After Islayev finds Natalya crying to Rakitin, Natalya states that she and Rakitin are behaving like what?
5. About which plant does Katya make a comment to herself in Act 4, Part 2?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)