|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(a) A few days.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
2. With which character does Natalya have no romantic connection whatsoever?
3. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
4. Natalya expects that Beliayev would feel which emotion if he remained in her house, after knowing that she loves him?
5. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
6. Which character exits at the end of Act 4, Part 2?
7. How much money does Liza have?
(a) 20,000 kopecks.
(c) 1 million kopecks.
(d) 15,000 kopecks.
8. As Beliayev and Natalya discuss in Act 4, Part 3, when does Beliayev plan to leave?
(a) In a month.
(c) Next week.
9. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
10. Natalya insists in Act 3, Part 3, that Rakitin say nothing about her to whom?
11. Who calls the doctor for Natalya in Act 5, Part 2?
(a) The foreman.
(c) The maid.
12. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A room overlooking the garden.
(c) Natalya's sitting room.
(d) The library.
13. Who is Katya's uncle?
14. As Shpigelski states, "too much knowledge bringeth" what?
(a) "Feeble old age."
(b) "Gray hairs."
15. After Islayev finds Natalya crying to Rakitin, Natalya states that she and Rakitin are behaving like what?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Natalya intend to marry Vera?
2. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
3. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
4. Who kneels in front of Vera in Act 5, Part 2?
5. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)