|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
2. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
3. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
4. What pain is Islayev suffering at the beginning of Act 5?
(c) A flare-up of his arthritis.
5. What is Beliayev wearing in Act 4, Part 3?
(a) Gardening clothes.
(c) A suit.
6. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A friend.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A sister.
7. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
8. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
(a) A snowstorm.
(d) A storm.
9. Who asks Beliayev's forgiveness in Act 4, Part 2?
10. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) "Au revoir."
(b) "Hasta mañana."
(c) "I'm sorry."
(d) "You fool!"
11. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
12. To whom did Natalya intend to marry Vera?
13. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
14. How much money does Liza have?
(b) 1 million kopecks.
(c) 20,000 kopecks.
(d) 15,000 kopecks.
15. Which character exits at the end of Act 4, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Part 1, who communicates by sighing?
2. Who is wearing a new suit in Act 5, Part 2?
3. Whom does Matvey announce in Act 5, Part 1?
4. Vera accuses which character of being "cunning"?
5. What does Natalya order Vera to do in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)