|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beliayev wearing in Act 4, Part 3?
(a) A suit.
(c) Gardening clothes.
2. How much money does Liza have?
(b) 20,000 kopecks.
(c) 15,000 kopecks.
(d) 1 million kopecks.
3. Who has to confess a secret in Act 5, Part 1?
4. How old is Bolshintsov?
(b) Less than 50.
5. What does Natalya order Vera to do in Act 3, Part 2?
(b) Marry Beliayev.
(d) Marry Bolshintsov.
6. Who wants to see Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2?
7. Which character does Anna believe to be "too trusting"?
8. How old is Liza?
9. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
10. In Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev give Katya?
(b) A peach.
(c) A banana.
(d) An apple.
11. How much money does Beliayev have?
(b) 10,000 kopecks.
(c) 20,000 kopecks.
(d) 20 kopecks.
12. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two hours.
13. Who is Katya's uncle?
14. How does Vera respond to finding out who wants to marry her?
(a) She screams.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She gasps.
(d) She cries.
15. To whom does Natalya say "good-bye forever" in Act 4, Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Part 3, Beliayev asserts that he is not in love with whom?
2. What caused Natalya and Beliayev not to be friends previously?
3. Which character states that she is "despicable in [her] own eyes too"?
4. Under what type of tree were Vera and Natalya strolling before entering the scene in Act 5, Part 2?
5. About which plant does Katya make a comment to herself in Act 4, Part 2?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)