|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Beliayev and Natalya talking in Act 4, Part 3?
2. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
3. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One day.
4. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) "You fool!"
(b) "Au revoir."
(c) "I'm sorry."
(d) "Hasta mañana."
5. Who is Katya's uncle?
6. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
7. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
8. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
9. How old is Bolshintsov?
(a) Less than 50.
10. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
11. What pain is Islayev suffering at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) A flare-up of his arthritis.
12. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
13. According to Liza in Act 4, Part 1, which character "took dinner alone in her room"?
14. As Shpigelski states, "too much knowledge bringeth" what?
(c) "Gray hairs."
(d) "Feeble old age."
15. How old is Liza?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Shpigelski describe as "a little cooing dove"?
2. In Act 3, Part 3, Natalya insists that she is not "annoyed" with Beliayev but rather what?
3. With which character does Natalya have no romantic connection whatsoever?
4. How does Vera respond to finding out who wants to marry her?
5. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)