|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character states that she is "despicable in [her] own eyes too"?
2. Who is described in Act 3, Part 3, as "an honest man"?
3. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
4. Who describes himself as a "ladykiller"?
5. With which character does Natalya have no romantic connection whatsoever?
6. How old is Liza?
7. According to Liza in Act 4, Part 1, which character "took dinner alone in her room"?
8. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
9. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
10. Who does Shpigelski state is "soft putty"?
(a) A doorman.
(b) A cook.
(c) A wife.
11. Under what type of tree were Vera and Natalya strolling before entering the scene in Act 5, Part 2?
12. Natalya is very happy with the way Beliayev has treated which character?
(c) Natalya herself.
13. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
(a) An illegitimate child.
(b) A spinster.
(c) A debutante.
(d) An orphan.
14. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
15. How does Vera respond to finding out who wants to marry her?
(a) She gasps.
(b) She screams.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
2. Whom does Islayev summon in his first line in Act 5?
3. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
4. Who is Katya's uncle?
5. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)