|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) A room overlooking the garden.
(b) The library.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Natalya's sitting room.
2. In Act 3, Part 2, Natalya pretends to be what relation to Vera?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sister.
3. Who is described in Act 3, Part 3, as "an honest man"?
4. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
5. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) A few days.
6. Whom does Islayev summon in his first line in Act 5?
7. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
8. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
(a) A storm.
(c) A snowstorm.
9. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
10. Who does Shpigelski state is "soft putty"?
(b) A doorman.
(c) A wife.
(d) A cook.
11. Which character does Anna believe to be "too trusting"?
12. Which character has a flower pinned to his suit in Act 5, Part 1?
13. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
14. Whom does Matvey announce in Act 5, Part 1?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The foreman.
(c) The librarian.
(d) The gardener.
15. Within how much time does Liza plan to respond to Shpigelski's proposal?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
2. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
3. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
4. Who has to confess a secret in Act 5, Part 1?
5. Who is wearing a new suit in Act 5, Part 2?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)