|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Katya waiting in the beginning of Act 4, Part 1?
2. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) "I'm sorry."
(b) "You fool!"
(c) "Hasta mañana."
(d) "Au revoir."
3. Who wants to see Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2?
4. Whom does Matvey announce in Act 5, Part 1?
(a) The foreman.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The gardener.
5. Within how much time does Liza plan to respond to Shpigelski's proposal?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
6. Which character states that she is "despicable in [her] own eyes too"?
7. How much money does Beliayev have?
(a) 20,000 kopecks.
(c) 10,000 kopecks.
(d) 20 kopecks.
8. Who has to confess a secret in Act 5, Part 1?
9. Who is described in Act 3, Part 3, as "an honest man"?
10. How old is Liza?
11. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
12. About which plant does Katya make a comment to herself in Act 4, Part 2?
(a) The oak trees.
(b) The tomato plants.
(c) The parsley.
(d) The grass.
13. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) Natalya's sitting room.
(b) The library.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A room overlooking the garden.
14. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
15. Who describes himself as a "ladykiller"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katya's uncle?
2. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
3. After Islayev finds Natalya crying to Rakitin, Natalya states that she and Rakitin are behaving like what?
4. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
5. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)