|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
2. Who is Katya's uncle?
3. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
(a) A spinster.
(b) An illegitimate child.
(c) An orphan.
(d) A debutante.
4. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
5. About which plant does Katya make a comment to herself in Act 4, Part 2?
(a) The grass.
(b) The oak trees.
(c) The parsley.
(d) The tomato plants.
6. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
7. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) "You fool!"
(b) "I'm sorry."
(c) "Hasta mañana."
(d) "Au revoir."
8. Who is wearing a new suit in Act 5, Part 2?
9. In Act 3, Part 3, Natalya insists that she is not "annoyed" with Beliayev but rather what?
10. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
(b) Free time.
(c) His piano lesson.
(d) His Russian lesson.
11. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
12. Which character does Anna believe to be "too trusting"?
13. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
(a) A storm.
(c) A snowstorm.
14. Under what type of tree were Vera and Natalya strolling before entering the scene in Act 5, Part 2?
15. According to Liza in Act 4, Part 1, which character "took dinner alone in her room"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
2. In Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev give Katya?
3. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
4. Which character sings a song at the end of Act 4, Part 1?
5. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)