|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
2. Who wants to see Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2?
3. Which character is scared of Natalya?
4. What pain is Islayev suffering at the beginning of Act 5?
(d) A flare-up of his arthritis.
5. As Shpigelski states, "too much knowledge bringeth" what?
(b) "Gray hairs."
(d) "Feeble old age."
6. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) The library.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Natalya's sitting room.
(d) A room overlooking the garden.
7. Natalya expects that Beliayev would feel which emotion if he remained in her house, after knowing that she loves him?
8. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
(a) A snowstorm.
(c) A storm.
9. Whom does Islayev describe as "an absolutely splendid man"?
10. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
11. In Act 5, Part 1, who communicates by sighing?
12. How does Vera respond to finding out who wants to marry her?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She screams.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gasps.
13. What causes Natalya to declare her love to Beliayev?
14. How old is Liza?
15. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev give Katya?
2. Who describes himself as a "ladykiller"?
3. Whom does Islayev summon in his first line in Act 5?
4. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
5. Who received a note from Natalya written in pencil?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)