|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One month.
2. Who visits Natalya after Vera leaves in Act 3, Part 2?
3. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
4. Natalya insists in Act 3, Part 3, that Rakitin say nothing about her to whom?
5. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
6. As Beliayev and Natalya discuss in Act 4, Part 3, when does Beliayev plan to leave?
(a) Next week.
(c) In a month.
7. Who does Shpigelski state is "soft putty"?
(b) A cook.
(c) A doorman.
(d) A wife.
8. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A room overlooking the garden.
(c) The library.
(d) Natalya's sitting room.
9. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
(a) A sister.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A friend.
(d) A cousin.
10. What is Beliayev wearing in Act 4, Part 3?
(b) Gardening clothes.
(c) A suit.
11. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
12. How much money does Beliayev have?
(a) 20,000 kopecks.
(b) 10,000 kopecks.
(d) 20 kopecks.
13. Whom does Islayev summon in his first line in Act 5?
14. Which character has a flower pinned to his suit in Act 5, Part 1?
15. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(a) A month.
(b) A few days.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
2. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
3. For whom is Katya waiting in the beginning of Act 4, Part 1?
4. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
5. Which character speaks the line, "How odd that those who love you always want to finger your wounds"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)