|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(a) A month.
(b) A few days.
(d) A year.
2. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
(b) A snowstorm.
(d) A storm.
3. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
(a) An orphan.
(b) A debutante.
(c) A spinster.
(d) An illegitimate child.
4. Who asks Beliayev's forgiveness in Act 4, Part 2?
5. According to Liza in Act 4, Part 1, which character "took dinner alone in her room"?
6. Which character is scared of Natalya?
7. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
(a) His piano lesson.
(c) His Russian lesson.
(d) Free time.
8. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
9. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) "Hasta mañana."
(b) "I'm sorry."
(c) "Au revoir."
(d) "You fool!"
10. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
11. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
12. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
13. In Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev give Katya?
(b) An apple.
(c) A peach.
(d) A banana.
14. Natalya expects that Beliayev would feel which emotion if he remained in her house, after knowing that she loves him?
15. Whom does Islayev describe as "an absolutely splendid man"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
2. For whom is Katya waiting in the beginning of Act 4, Part 1?
3. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
4. What causes Natalya to declare her love to Beliayev?
5. How much money does Liza have?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)