|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
2. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) "You fool!"
(b) "Hasta mañana."
(c) "Au revoir."
(d) "I'm sorry."
3. Who does Shpigelski state is "soft putty"?
(b) A wife.
(c) A cook.
(d) A doorman.
4. Whom does Islayev describe as "an absolutely splendid man"?
5. Within how much time does Liza plan to respond to Shpigelski's proposal?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
6. Who wants to see Beliayev in Act 4, Part 2?
7. Which character almost leaves to find and comfort Natalya in Act 3, Part 3?
8. What causes Natalya to declare her love to Beliayev?
9. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
10. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
11. Vera accuses which character of being "cunning"?
12. What caused Natalya and Beliayev not to be friends previously?
(a) Beliayev's childish behavior.
(b) Natalya's aloofness.
(c) Their difference in socioeconomic class.
13. Who is described in Act 3, Part 3, as "an honest man"?
14. To whom did Natalya intend to marry Vera?
15. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Natalya is very happy with the way Beliayev has treated which character?
2. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
3. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
4. Whom does Shpigelski describe as "a little cooing dove"?
5. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)