|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
2. Who finds Beliayev and Natalya talking in Act 4, Part 3?
3. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
4. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) The library.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Natalya's sitting room.
(d) A room overlooking the garden.
5. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
6. In Act 5, Part 1, who communicates by sighing?
7. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
8. In Act 3, Part 3, Natalya insists that she is not "annoyed" with Beliayev but rather what?
9. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
(a) His Russian lesson.
(b) His piano lesson.
(c) Free time.
10. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
(a) A friend.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A sister.
11. Where does Beliayev plan to go after leaving Natalya's household?
(d) St. Petersburg.
12. After Islayev finds Natalya crying to Rakitin, Natalya states that she and Rakitin are behaving like what?
13. Who kneels in front of Vera in Act 5, Part 2?
14. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
15. In Act 3, Part 2, Natalya pretends to be what relation to Vera?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev give Katya?
2. What causes Natalya to declare her love to Beliayev?
3. Which character speaks the line, "How odd that those who love you always want to finger your wounds"?
4. To whom does Natalya say "good-bye forever" in Act 4, Part 3?
5. How much money does Liza have?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)