|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beliayev wearing in Act 4, Part 3?
(a) Gardening clothes.
(c) A suit.
2. How much money does Liza have?
(b) 1 million kopecks.
(c) 20,000 kopecks.
(d) 15,000 kopecks.
3. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
(a) A spinster.
(b) An illegitimate child.
(c) An orphan.
(d) A debutante.
4. Within how much time does Liza plan to respond to Shpigelski's proposal?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
5. Whom does Matvey announce in Act 5, Part 1?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The foreman.
(d) The librarian.
6. What caused Natalya and Beliayev not to be friends previously?
(a) Natalya's aloofness.
(b) Beliayev's childish behavior.
(d) Their difference in socioeconomic class.
7. How old is Bolshintsov?
(b) Less than 50.
8. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
9. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(a) A few days.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
10. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
11. Whom does Islayev describe as "an absolutely splendid man"?
12. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
13. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
14. Whom does Islayev summon in his first line in Act 5?
15. How does Vera respond to finding out who wants to marry her?
(a) She gasps.
(b) She screams.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Katya waiting in the beginning of Act 4, Part 1?
2. Who is wearing a new suit in Act 5, Part 2?
3. How old is Liza?
4. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
5. How much money does Beliayev have?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)