|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(b) A few days.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
2. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
3. To whom does Natalya say "good-bye forever" in Act 4, Part 3?
4. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A friend.
(d) A sister.
5. Natalya expects that Beliayev would feel which emotion if he remained in her house, after knowing that she loves him?
6. What are the last words that Natalya says to Beliayev in Act 3, Part 3?
(a) "Hasta mañana."
(b) "You fool!"
(c) "Au revoir."
(d) "I'm sorry."
7. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
8. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
9. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
10. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
11. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
12. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
(a) His Russian lesson.
(c) Free time.
(d) His piano lesson.
13. According to Shpigelski, what city influenced the style of the storeroom?
14. Who received a note from Natalya written in pencil?
15. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
2. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
3. What does Natalya order Vera to do in Act 3, Part 2?
4. What causes Natalya to declare her love to Beliayev?
5. In Act 3, Part 3, Beliayev asserts that he is not in love with whom?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)