|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
2. Who has to confess a secret in Act 5, Part 1?
3. Which character exits at the end of Act 4, Part 2?
4. Under what type of tree were Vera and Natalya strolling before entering the scene in Act 5, Part 2?
5. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
6. Which character looks for Vera in Act 4, Part 2?
7. According to Liza in Act 4, Part 1, which character "took dinner alone in her room"?
8. In Act 3, Part 2, Natalya pretends to be what relation to Vera?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
9. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
10. How does Vera respond to finding out who wants to marry her?
(a) She screams.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She gasps.
11. After Islayev finds Natalya crying to Rakitin, Natalya states that she and Rakitin are behaving like what?
12. As Shpigelski states, "too much knowledge bringeth" what?
(b) "Feeble old age."
(d) "Gray hairs."
13. Natalya insists in Act 3, Part 3, that Rakitin say nothing about her to whom?
14. Which character states that she is "despicable in [her] own eyes too"?
15. In Act 3, Part 3, Natalya insists that she is not "annoyed" with Beliayev but rather what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described in Act 3, Part 3, as "an honest man"?
2. Who calls the doctor for Natalya in Act 5, Part 2?
3. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
4. Who first suggests that Beliayev leave?
5. Who describes himself as a "ladykiller"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)