|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Part 3, Beliayev asserts that he is not in love with whom?
2. To whom did Natalya intend to marry Vera?
3. At the end of Act 4, Part 3, what is waiting inside for the characters?
4. Whom does Islayev describe as "an absolutely splendid man"?
5. Whom does Matvey announce in Act 5, Part 1?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The gardener.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The foreman.
6. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
7. How old is Liza?
8. Who turns pale in Act 3, Part 2?
9. What is Beliayev wearing in Act 4, Part 3?
(a) A suit.
(b) Gardening clothes.
10. Who is described in Act 3, Part 3, as "an honest man"?
11. Which character states that she is "despicable in [her] own eyes too"?
12. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
13. What causes Natalya to declare her love to Beliayev?
14. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
15. What weather is occurring in Act 4, Part 1?
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
2. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
3. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
4. About which plant does Katya make a comment to herself in Act 4, Part 2?
5. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)