|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which character does Natalya have no romantic connection whatsoever?
2. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
3. Which character sings a song at the end of Act 4, Part 1?
4. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
5. Who received a note from Natalya written in pencil?
6. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) Two hours.
7. What caused Natalya and Beliayev not to be friends previously?
(a) Their difference in socioeconomic class.
(b) Beliayev's childish behavior.
(c) Natalya's aloofness.
8. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The library.
(c) A room overlooking the garden.
(d) Natalya's sitting room.
9. In Act 5, Part 1, who communicates by sighing?
10. How old is Bolshintsov?
(a) Less than 50.
11. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
12. Which character has a flower pinned to his suit in Act 5, Part 1?
13. How much money does Liza have?
(a) 20,000 kopecks.
(b) 15,000 kopecks.
(c) 1 million kopecks.
14. As Beliayev and Natalya discuss in Act 4, Part 3, when does Beliayev plan to leave?
(a) Next week.
(d) In a month.
15. Natalya is very happy with the way Beliayev has treated which character?
(c) Natalya herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
2. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
3. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
4. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
5. Who calls the doctor for Natalya in Act 5, Part 2?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)