|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Natalya, "in the eyes of the world" Vera is what?
(a) An orphan.
(b) An illegitimate child.
(c) A debutante.
(d) A spinster.
2. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
3. Which character is scared of Natalya?
4. Vera accuses which character of being "cunning"?
5. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
6. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
7. According to Liza in Act 4, Part 1, which character "took dinner alone in her room"?
8. Who kneels in front of Vera in Act 5, Part 2?
9. How much money does Liza have?
(a) 15,000 kopecks.
(b) 20,000 kopecks.
(c) 1 million kopecks.
10. According to Shpigelski, what city influenced the style of the storeroom?
11. In Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev give Katya?
(a) A banana.
(c) A peach.
(d) An apple.
12. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
13. Which character speaks the line, "How odd that those who love you always want to finger your wounds"?
14. In Act 3, Part 2, Natalya pretends to be what relation to Vera?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
15. How long does Islayev want Rakitin to stay away?
(a) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera realizes in Act 4, Part 2, that which character was "jealous" of her?
2. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
3. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
4. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
5. How does Vera respond to finding out who wants to marry her?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)