|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Part 2, Natalya states that she will "never survive this" without whom?
2. Where does Beliayev plan to go after leaving Natalya's household?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. To whom did Beliayev write a note of farewell?
4. Within how much time does Liza plan to respond to Shpigelski's proposal?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
5. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) Two hours.
6. Natalya expects that Beliayev would feel which emotion if he remained in her house, after knowing that she loves him?
7. Which character flees when Islayev enters the room in Act 3, Part 3?
8. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
(a) A sister.
(b) A friend.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A girlfriend.
9. With which character does Natalya have no romantic connection whatsoever?
10. Which character sends Beliayev in to Natalya for dismissal?
11. At the end of Act 4, Part 3, what is waiting inside for the characters?
12. Which character exits at the end of Act 4, Part 2?
13. In Act 3, Part 3, Natalya insists that she is not "annoyed" with Beliayev but rather what?
14. Whom does Shpigelski describe as "a little cooing dove"?
15. In Act 5, Part 1, who communicates by sighing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Matvey announce in Act 5, Part 1?
2. About which plant does Katya make a comment to herself in Act 4, Part 2?
3. Which character states that she is "despicable in [her] own eyes too"?
4. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
5. Who is the last character in the play to decide to leave the household?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)