|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Katya's uncle?
2. Beliayev loves Vera like what?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A friend.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A sister.
3. What does Natalya order Vera to do in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Marry Beliayev.
(c) Marry Bolshintsov.
4. As Shpigelski states, "too much knowledge bringeth" what?
(b) "Gray hairs."
(d) "Feeble old age."
5. How old is Liza?
6. Whom does Islayev describe as "an absolutely splendid man"?
7. Who kneels in front of Vera in Act 5, Part 2?
8. How much money does Beliayev have?
(a) 10,000 kopecks.
(b) 20,000 kopecks.
(c) 20 kopecks.
9. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
10. At the end of Act 4, Part 3, what is waiting inside for the characters?
11. What is the setting of Act 4, Part 1?
(a) Natalya's sitting room.
(b) The library.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A room overlooking the garden.
12. Whom does Vera decide to marry?
13. In Act 4, Part 2, what does Beliayev give Katya?
(a) A peach.
(c) A banana.
(d) An apple.
14. Vera accuses which character of being "cunning"?
15. Whose sketches did Kolya show Natalya?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the doctor for Natalya in Act 5, Part 2?
2. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
3. Which character speaks the line, "How odd that those who love you always want to finger your wounds"?
4. Who has to confess a secret in Act 5, Part 1?
5. Whom does Islayev summon in his first line in Act 5?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)