|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Shpigelski's opinion, which character "play[s] the coquette a little"?
2. Natalya insists in Act 3, Part 3, that Rakitin say nothing about her to whom?
3. For what is Kolya waiting in Act 5, Part 2?
(a) His piano lesson.
(b) His Russian lesson.
(c) Free time.
4. In Act 5, Part 1, who communicates by sighing?
5. What pain is Islayev suffering at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) A flare-up of his arthritis.
6. Who is Katya's uncle?
7. How much money does Liza have?
(b) 20,000 kopecks.
(c) 1 million kopecks.
(d) 15,000 kopecks.
8. Who asks Beliayev's forgiveness in Act 4, Part 2?
9. Who finds Natalya and Rakitin talking in Act 4, Part 3?
10. How old is Bolshintsov?
(a) Less than 50.
11. Which character speaks the line, "How odd that those who love you always want to finger your wounds"?
12. In Act 3, Part 2, Natalya pretends to be what relation to Vera?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
13. In Act 3, Part 3, Rakitin promises to tell Islayev everything within how much time?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) Two hours.
14. Natalya states that what is sometimes "worse than rudeness"?
15. Whom does Matvey announce in Act 5, Part 1?
(a) The foreman.
(b) The gardener.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which Shakespearean character does Islayev compare himself?
2. Which character does Anna believe to be "too trusting"?
3. Natalya is very happy with the way Beliayev has treated which character?
4. In addition to Islayev, which other character had seen Natalya crying to Rakitin?
5. Natalya states that she is firing Beliayev on the basis of whose testimony?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)