Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Part 1
1. Describe the progress of the game that Schaaf, Anna, and Liza are playing.
2. Why is Rakitin reading The Count of Monte Cristo aloud?
3. Describe Beliayev, according to Natalya's report in Act 1, Part 1.
4. What does Natalya mean when she tells Rakitin, "Sometimes when we talk together it's exactly as though [...] we were making lace"?
5. What is the question that Natalya asks Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, and why does he spend so much time thinking about it?
This section contains 1,031 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)