|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Beliayev want to buy gunpowder?
(a) His cannon.
(b) His rifle.
(d) Getting rid of ants.
2. According to Islayev, what object is "like a miniature tornado"?
(a) The conveyor belt.
(b) The ceiling fan.
(c) The winnowing fan.
(d) The kitchen whisk.
3. What friend has been writing to Vera, hoping that she'll write back?
(a) Liza Moshnin.
(d) Anya Verenitsin.
4. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
5. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
2. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
3. Where did Beliayev live before coming to Natalya's house?
4. Whom had Rakitin been visiting before coming to Natalya's house?
5. Who says that talking to Rakitin is like "making lace"?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)