Act 1, Part 1
1. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
2. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) The Three Musketeers.
(d) Jane Eyre.
3. According to Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, where did he see Islayev earlier in the day?
(a) At the dam.
(b) In the library.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What do Natalya's relatives call her?
(c) Natalya Petrochka.
5. Who wins most of the hands of the game in Act 1, Part 1?
6. What was Dufour's country of origin?
7. Who is searching for a tutor in Moscow for Kolya?
(c) The czar.
(d) The princess.
8. Whom had Rakitin been visiting before coming to Natalya's house?
(a) The Verenitsins.
(c) The Krinitsins.
9. Whom does Natalya accuse of being "mysterious"?
10. Who says that talking to Rakitin is like "making lace"?
This section contains 2,666 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)