|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John feel about the second book Martina gives him?
(a) He enjoys it.
(b) He identifies with the main character but otherwise dislikes it.
(c) It distracts him and he can't get into it.
(d) He hates it.
2. What is Nub's last name?
3. Why is John asked to leave the hotel?
(a) He stole from the room.
(b) He owes money.
(c) He left the room a mess.
(d) He has too many guests over.
4. What is John's mother's name?
5. Who videotapes having sex with John?
Short Answer Questions
1. Martin says the book she gave John is an allegory for which of the following?
2. Who set up John to be caught by Martina in a bad situation?
3. John uses which character the most as a sounding board?
4. What does Spunk change his name to?
5. Who does Spunk say he wants to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the transition John makes in his relationship with Martina.
2. Why does John have trouble having sex with Martina?
3. What does Martin provide for John?
4. What do you predict will happen to John after Selina leaves him?
5. What do the actors in the novel seem to want for their characters on film?
6. Describe John's reaction to the royal wedding.
7. What makes John's relationship with Martina the antithesis of his relationship with Selina?
8. Why does John have trouble keeping up his demeanor with Martina?
9. How are Martin and Martina similar?
10. How does John feel about Frank the Phone Man?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)