|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John open a bank account with?
2. What is Caduta's last name?
3. What does Alec ask John for?
(a) A night with Selina.
(b) His house.
(c) A job.
4. John is bothered by Selina sleeping with another man in which condition?
(a) Once in a while.
(c) When she is drunk.
5. How old is John?
6. Why do the guards and prisoners feel weary of Alec?
(a) He does not seem like a criminal.
(b) He does not speak Spanish.
(c) He speaks English well.
(d) He appears dangerous.
7. What is the name of the stripper John takes Doris to see?
8. What is John's relationship with Selina at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his long-time crush.
(c) She is his girlfriend.
(d) She is his cousin.
9. Which of the following best describes the relationship between John and Martina?
(a) Martina and John were married.
(b) John has a crush on Martina.
(c) Martina and John work together.
(d) Martina and John are cousins.
10. Where is John at the beginning of the novel?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. John's dad wins money by doing which of the following?
(a) He wins at a slot machne.
(b) He bets on a horse.
(c) He wins the lotto.
(d) He wins a hand of poker.
12. What is Lorne's occupation?
13. What does Martina buy for John?
(a) A book.
(b) A camera.
(c) A movie.
(d) A photograph.
14. Who does John find to be more attractive than him?
(b) His father.
15. John wants to keep a leash on which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the topless girl that John watches in New York?
2. Why does Caduta want to avoid being nude?
3. The actors in the novel are best described by which adjective?
4. What is the name of the hotel where John and Fielding meet?
5. Who ends up moving in with John in London?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)