|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Selina say she has been working?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A film studio.
(d) A casino.
2. The actors in the novel are best described by which adjective?
3. When John and Selina have sex, what do they discuss?
(d) Moving to New York.
4. What emotion does Lorne feel when he hears Caduta's demands?
5. Why does Caduta want to avoid being nude?
(a) She is not old enough.
(b) She is religious.
(c) She has had many children.
(d) She is too old.
6. A woman chastises John for looking at which of the following?
(a) A pornographic magazine.
(b) A sports magazine.
(c) A film advertisement with a woman in lingerie.
(d) A poster with a nude woman.
7. What is Doris' job?
8. John can't sleep with the prostitute he pays for which reason?
(a) She is young.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) He keeps thinking of Selina.
(d) She is old.
9. Where is John originally from?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
10. John's racist cabbie thinks that killing will do which of the following?
(a) Help him earn more money.
(b) Improve the world.
(c) Hurt the world.
(d) Keep bad people off the streets.
11. What is Vron's occupation?
12. John's dad wins money by doing which of the following?
(a) He bets on a horse.
(b) He wins a hand of poker.
(c) He wins the lotto.
(d) He wins at a slot machne.
13. What is Vron's real name?
14. Which adjective best describes John's ad agency?
15. Amis describes the novel as which of the following?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A script.
(c) A suicide note.
(d) A piece of mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as being unable to find interest in anything besides sex and money?
2. How does Doris react to John making a pass at her?
3. What is Fielding's job?
4. Why do the guards and prisoners feel weary of Alec?
5. What is Butch's last name?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)