|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the biggest difference between Martina and Selina?
(a) Martina is beautiful.
(b) Martina hates money.
(c) Martina is cultured.
(d) Martina does not like marriage.
2. Selina lives in fear of which of the following?
(d) Being poor.
3. Why does a housewife yell at John?
(a) He made a pass at her.
(b) He almost ran over her and her child.
(c) He was parked in her driveway.
(d) He was making too much noise.
4. What does Martina buy for John?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A movie.
(c) A book.
(d) A camera.
5. What is Martina's last name?
6. What is John's last name?
7. Why did John throw Selina out?
(a) He found out she had been stealing money.
(b) He was angry she had been seeing Alec.
(c) He found out she had cheated on him.
(d) He was blacked out from drinking.
8. What is the name of the tabloid in the novel?
(a) Tuesday Teases.
(b) In the News.
(c) Morning Glory.
(d) Morning Line.
9. What is Lorne's occupation?
10. What does Alec ask John for?
(a) A job.
(b) A night with Selina.
(c) His house.
11. Which adjective best describes John's ad agency?
12. Who ends up moving in with John in London?
13. Why does Selina come back to John after they fight?
(a) He threatens to have her arrested.
(b) So she can have money.
(c) He threatens to marry another woman.
(d) She enjoys his company.
14. Which of the following best describes the relationship between John and Martina?
(a) Martina and John are cousins.
(b) Martina and John work together.
(c) Martina and John were married.
(d) John has a crush on Martina.
15. What is Vron's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. John's relationship with his father is described with which adjective?
2. Selina describes Alec with which word?
3. Whose advice does John seem to listen to most?
4. Amis describes the novel as which of the following?
5. Fielding tells John to do what with his money?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)