|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie gives Paul another dose of medication. How many hours does Paul sleep?
2. What object prompted the idea for the novel?
(a) Fender bender.
(b) Slim Jim.
(c) Race cars.
3. Paul dreams of which fictional character?
4. Who comes to visit Annie on official business?
(c) Tax man.
5. What other character is referenced in connection with Misery?
(a) Miss Evelyn-Hyde.
(b) Mr. Thomas Rowe.
(c) Mrs. Edna Wilshire.
(d) Reverend James Blake.
6. Sheldon sees Annie standing in what public venue?
7. Whose court does Annie attend?
8. Who approaches Geoffrey's house with a warning about strange noises in the graveyard?
9. Where does Geoffrey go after hearing about the noises?
(b) To the police station.
(c) Mrs. Ramage's cottage.
(d) Caretaker's house.
10. What is the name of the drug administered to the main character?
11. What might happen if Paul does not receive his medication?
12. Paul is worried that Annie will notice which of the following?
(a) Urine stains.
(b) Scuff marks.
(c) New manuscript.
(d) Cell phone.
13. When do the stories take place?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 20th century.
(c) 19th century.
(d) 17th century.
14. What does Annie want Paul to do with the new project?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Rewrite it.
(c) Dedicate it to her.
(d) Make it into a series.
15. Annie gets angry because Paul refers to writing as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Misery and the other character have in common?
2. What is the adjective used for Annie's robes?
3. In what state does the story take place?
4. Where has Paul finished every book since 1974?
5. What does Annie call it when she goes into an altered mental state?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)