|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Crosby and the kidnapper have in common?
2. How do the police know to move the perimeter after the cop is knocked out by Mail?
3. What did Gloria Crosby lie about to Lucas?
4. Why does Mail watch the things that he sets up?
5. Which of the following accurately describes how Helen Manette and Nancy Wolfe felt at being arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Mail when he calls Lucas and what information does he let slip?
2. What is unique about the message that Mail gives to Lucas and why and how does Luca decode the message?
3. How did Crosby and Mail meet and how were they together?
4. Who is Gloria Crosby and what does Lucas learn from her and about her?
5. What information does Lucas learn when he looks over the death report on John Mail?
6. What are Lucas and his group waiting to get confirmation about and what happens when they finally do receive it?
7. What does Lucas see while he is in the shop and what does it turn out to be?
8. What does Lucas do so that he can be hunting for Mail himself?
9. What does Mail do when he sees the ambulance take his friend away?
10. What do Grace and Andy continue to practice and what is their plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is greed a theme of this novel? Which characters demonstrate greed? Why do you characterize them as being greedy?
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed account of the evidence against Helen as if you were the prosecutor. Do you believe she would have been found guilty without the confession? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character from the novel and write a character analysis on how they developed from the beginning of the novel to the end of the novel. Which character do you believe changed the most in this novel? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)