|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mail handle the new warning his informant gives to him?
2. What is Lucas doing when the man attempts to break in to the building?
3. Who is Ice?
4. What did Mail do from the address that Lucas found from the VIN of the van?
5. How does Mail eventually successfully escape the perimeter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Crosby and Mail meet and how were they together?
2. What is unique about the message that Mail gives to Lucas and why and how does Luca decode the message?
3. Who is Ice and what information does she share with Lucas?
4. Why does Lucas begin to pile grass over the opening where he thinks Mail is hiding and what does Mail do?
5. What are Lucas and his group waiting to get confirmation about and what happens when they finally do receive it?
6. What information does Lucas learn when he looks over the death report on John Mail?
7. What does Mail do when he realizes that he can't escape in his van?
8. How does Lucas know that Mail has set a trap for the police?
9. What secret did Crosby know about Mail and hold over his head?
10. What does Lucas do so that he can be hunting for Mail himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from the novel and write a character analysis on how they developed from the beginning of the novel to the end of the novel. Which character do you believe changed the most in this novel? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, it appears that the character of Mail is very intelligent. Provide at least five examples demonstrating this intelligence. In what way do you think his intelligence impeded him?
Essay Topic 3
What motives appeared throughout the novel? How and why were false motives included throughout the novel? Was the author's technique successful in this area? Why or why not?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)