|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mail escape the blockades?
2. Who does Lucas interview to find out additional information about Crosby?
3. Why does Wolfe want Lucas to be fired?
4. What trap did Mail hope to spring on Dunn and Lucas?
5. How does Lucas narrow down who the informant is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mail get away from behind the house without the police catching him?
2. Where is Mail when he calls Lucas and what information does he let slip?
3. What does Mail do when he sees the ambulance take his friend away?
4. How did Crosby and Mail meet and how were they together?
5. What is unique about the message that Mail gives to Lucas and why and how does Luca decode the message?
6. What does Lucas learn about Crosby and Mail's relationship that leads him to believe they worked together to fake Mail's death?
7. What happens when Andi begins to run to the old cistern looking for Genevieve?
8. What are Lucas and his group waiting to get confirmation about and what happens when they finally do receive it?
9. What information does Helen share about her involvement in the kidnapping?
10. What does Lucas learn about Nancy Wolfe ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from the novel and write a character analysis on how they developed from the beginning of the novel to the end of the novel. Which character do you believe changed the most in this novel? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
How did the author develop the climax of the story? Do you feel that he did a good job in developing the climax? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the main theme of this novel? Why do you think this is the main theme? How did each of the main characters contribute to this main theme?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)