|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Mail when he opens the cellar?
2. Why does Lucas go to Ice's house?
3. Why is it hard for Lucas to find the name of the owner of the farm the kidnapper may have Andi hidden?
4. What does Mail do to make Crosby think he will let her in on the kidnapping?
5. At the end of chapter 27, where is Lucas heading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucas plan on doing at the press conference?
2. How does Lucas keep from being fired?
3. What are Lucas and his group waiting to get confirmation about and what happens when they finally do receive it?
4. How does Dunn respond to Lucas's questions about who would benefit from Andi's kidnapping?
5. Who is Gloria Crosby and what does Lucas learn from her and about her?
6. Why does Lucas begin to pile grass over the opening where he thinks Mail is hiding and what does Mail do?
7. What information does Lucas learn from the man Sloan shot?
8. Who calls Lucas and what does she want?
9. Why is Lucas called to the police station in the middle of the night?
10. How did Crosby and Mail meet and how were they together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from the novel and write a character analysis on how they developed from the beginning of the novel to the end of the novel. Which character do you believe changed the most in this novel? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
What part does Andi's profession play in the main plot of this novel? In what ways is her profession helpful? In what ways does it seem useless? Do you think her training should have helped her more? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three ruses throughout the novel. In your description, include how the each ruse developed, which characters were involved, and the outcome. Which characters do you believe were fooled by a ruse? Why do you think they were fooled?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)