|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucas go to Ice's house?
2. How does Mail knock out the policeman whose jacket he takes?
3. Where does Lucas go while the FBI is tracking Dunn and the ransom money?
4. Why does Mail watch the things that he sets up?
5. Where does Mail get stuck while trying to make his escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Lucas come up with to figure out who the informant is?
2. How does Dunn respond to Lucas's questions about who would benefit from Andi's kidnapping?
3. What does Lucas do so that he can be hunting for Mail himself?
4. What does Lucas learn about Crosby and Mail's relationship that leads him to believe they worked together to fake Mail's death?
5. Where is Mail when he calls Lucas and what information does he let slip?
6. What do Grace and Andy continue to practice and what is their plan?
7. How does Mail feel as he watches the news conference Lucas scheduled?
8. Who is Ice and what information does she share with Lucas?
9. Why does Lucas begin to pile grass over the opening where he thinks Mail is hiding and what does Mail do?
10. Who calls Lucas and what does she want?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, it appears that the character of Mail is very intelligent. Provide at least five examples demonstrating this intelligence. In what way do you think his intelligence impeded him?
Essay Topic 2
What is the main theme of this novel? Why do you think this is the main theme? How did each of the main characters contribute to this main theme?
Essay Topic 3
How is greed a theme of this novel? Which characters demonstrate greed? Why do you characterize them as being greedy?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)