|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes involved in the case in chapter twelve?
2. Why did Andi go to the school?
3. Why does Dunn insist Andi doesn't need his money?
4. What does Lucas find out the clue is?
5. What does Mail pretend to do while he is watching Andi's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wolfe say is her main concern about the search warrant and what does she promise to do?
2. What does John Mail pretend to do and actually do as he watches Andi's house?
3. What does Lucas believe is the main reasons for Andi to be kidnapped?
4. What does Lucas find out about the body that was found in the oil barrel and what does he think it means?
5. Who does Lucas get to help with the ruse to find Andi?
6. What kind of person is Lucas and what is his current status in regards to a love life?
7. What does the anonymous person tell Mail about the police?
8. Why does Lucas talk to his friend who is also a psychologist, and how does his plan work?
9. What is Wolfe's continued attitude about the kidnapping?
10. What happens when Andi and her two daughters talk about how to get back to the car and how does Andi respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Andi in regards to her strengths and weaknesses throughout the novel. Did this character grow throughout the novel? If yes, in what way? If not, why do you think she did not grow?
Essay Topic 2
How is the idea of games and gaming used in multiple ways throughout this novel? Do you think this was intentional on the part of the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, it appears that the character of Mail is very intelligent. Provide at least five examples demonstrating this intelligence. In what way do you think his intelligence impeded him?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)