|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police discover at the sight of the first clue from the kidnapper that Lucas wanted to see?
2. What information does the anonymous caller say to Mail when he calls in chapter fifteen?
3. Which of the following strategies did Lucas and the others plan on using to pinpoint Andi's location?
4. Why does Dunn insist Andi doesn't need his money?
5. What kind of car does Lucas Davenport drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucas hear the message from Andi?
2. What does Lucas find out about the body that was found in the oil barrel and what does he think it means?
3. What happens when Lucas gets a phone call from the kidnapper?
4. Where does Lucas go on his way home from finding the oil barrel and why does he go there?
5. What does Mail tell Andi about Lucas and his anonymous friend?
6. What does John Mail pretend to do and actually do as he watches Andi's house?
7. What do Lucas and the chief find when they arrive at Andi's father's home?
8. What does the family notice about Andi in her message and what does Lucas learn from her message?
9. What does Lucas learn when he talks to the girl who was the second witness to the kidnapping?
10. How does Lucas feel about therapy for child molesters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What character traits does the main character Lucas Davenport demonstrate throughout the book? How does this character grow and change throughout the novel? Why is he good at his job?
Essay Topic 2
How is the idea of games and gaming used in multiple ways throughout this novel? Do you think this was intentional on the part of the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the main theme of this novel? Why do you think this is the main theme? How did each of the main characters contribute to this main theme?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)