|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Detectives Sherrill and Black waiting for when Lucas arrives on the scene of the kidnapping?
2. Where are Andi and her daughters being held?
3. In what state does Lucas work?
4. What do Andi and Grace find in the basement that they begin working on?
5. What does the room Andi and her daughters are in smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucas find out about the body that was found in the oil barrel and what does he think it means?
2. Why do both cops and criminals notice Lucas more than other police officers?
3. What does Mail learn about Andi and how does he respond?
4. Why does Lucas talk to his friend who is also a psychologist, and how does his plan work?
5. What happens when Andi and her two daughters talk about how to get back to the car and how does Andi respond?
6. What does Lucas believe is the main reasons for Andi to be kidnapped?
7. Where does Lucas go on his way home from finding the oil barrel and why does he go there?
8. What is Wolfe's continued attitude about the kidnapping?
9. What is Mannette's opinion about Andi's kidnapping?
10. What does Lucas learn when he talks to the owner of the gaming store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from the novel and write a character analysis on how they developed from the beginning of the novel to the end of the novel. Which character do you believe changed the most in this novel? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
What motives appeared throughout the novel? How and why were false motives included throughout the novel? Was the author's technique successful in this area? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the author's use of description throughout the novel. Do you think there is enough, too much or not enough description in this novel? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)