|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andi fight with while she is being held?
2. What did Andi leave behind after being grabbed by Mail?
3. How is the anonymous person who talks to Mail involved in the kidnapping?
4. How old was Mail when Andi started treating him?
5. Which of the following strategies did Lucas and the others plan on using to pinpoint Andi's location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Andi and Grace hope to be able to do in regard to Mail?
2. What does Lucas learn about Andi's father?
3. What does Lucas believe is the main reasons for Andi to be kidnapped?
4. What does John Mail pretend to do and actually do as he watches Andi's house?
5. What does Dunn say is the reason that he and Andi are separated and where does he believe this separation will lead?
6. What does Mail learn about Andi and how does he respond?
7. Who does Lucas get to help with the ruse to find Andi?
8. What is Mannette's opinion about Andi's kidnapping?
9. What does Mail tell Andi about Lucas and his anonymous friend?
10. What does Lucas tell the detectives about Andi and what does this mean for the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What part does Andi's profession play in the main plot of this novel? In what ways is her profession helpful? In what ways does it seem useless? Do you think her training should have helped her more? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Andi in regards to her strengths and weaknesses throughout the novel. Did this character grow throughout the novel? If yes, in what way? If not, why do you think she did not grow?
Essay Topic 3
Write a justification for Mail's death as being the best solution to the entire situation. Do you agree or disagree with this justification? Why or why not?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)